Thread: Rand Paul: We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge

Rand Paul: We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge

Rand Paul: We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON
    02/19/17

Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) ripped fellow Republican Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) on Sunday after McCain criticized President Trump’s escalating war of words with the media.

He argued that the nation is “very lucky” that Trump is president and not McCain, who won the 2008 GOP nomination but lost to Barack Obama in the general election.

Paul said that McCain’s recent criticisms of Trump are driven by his “personal dispute” with the president over foreign policy.

He added that McCain and Trump are at odds because McCain supports the wide deployment of U.S. troops to protect and promote American interests abroad while he characterized Trump’s views as closer to a realpolitik approach to foreign policy.

“Everything that he says about the president is colored by his own personal dispute he’s got running with President Trump and it should be taken with a grain of salt because John McCain’s the guy who’s advocated for war everywhere,” Paul said on ABC’s “This Week.”

“He would bankrupt the nation. We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge because I think we’d be in perpetual war,” Paul added.

read more
    http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...-not-in-charge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone finally is speaking out. Thank you Rand.

It is absolutely incredible how McCain continues to get a free pass from the media and the political establishment. Can you imagine if any other politician said what he said about a sitting President in a foreign country. Anyone else McCain would be doing the talk show circuit saying that person should step down and that it amounts to sedition. The media and political establishment would be all over it.

Then just a few days ago MSM silence over McCain giving a detailed foreign policy discussion with pranksters. Again, anyone else would be asked to step down. Yet the MSM and political establishment is silent.

This tells me McCain must wield some incredible power or is a useful idiot of the establishment that they are protecting him.

-- Kahless

“He would bankrupt the nation. We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge because I think we’d be in perpetual war,” Paul added.

Talk about stating the obvious.....
    Maybe that's not so obvious to the general populace
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

John McCain and Lindsey Graham are my least favorite active politicians in D.C.

I agree with Rand .
    Do something Danke

Well said by Rand. McCain would get alot of americans killed for nothing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul has seriously cucked the press with his previous nice guy antics.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

"John McCain’s the guy who’s advocated for war everywhere,”

“He would bankrupt the nation. We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge, because I think we’d be in perpetual war,”

“I would say John McCain’s been wrong on just about everything over the last four decades. He advocated for the Iraq War, which I think destabilized the Middle East,”

“If you look at the map, there’s probably at least six different countries where John McCain has advocated for us having boots on the ground,”
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I know a lot of "libertarians" want Rand to be a rabid dog for liberty. But every time he gets a chance, he sinks these $#@!s into the ground. And he doesn't look crazy doing it because he's being asked and he doesn't just bring it up out of nowhere.

Good for Rand.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

An enemy of my enemy is my BFF.

I think the #1 goal of Rand Paul is to end these vanity wars. Doing that would automatically save lives and help the budget.