Thread: Rand Paul in 2020? He’s showing that independent streak again

Rand Paul in 2020? He’s showing that independent streak again

Rand Paul in 2020? He’s showing that independent streak again

BY CURTIS TATE
    FEBRUARY 14, 2017

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul is quickly positioning himself again as a starkly independent Republican, the sort of political branding that fueled his presidential campaign last year.

Paul has a clearly conservative voting record. But just six weeks into the new Congress, he’s taken some high-profile steps away from party orthodoxy.

He didn’t get very far in his bid for the Republican presidential nomination last year. But he stood out then, and is trying to stand out now, by breaking with the party on the same issues where he attracted a following, particularly among the GOP’s libertarian wing.

“I think he was trying to signal to his core supporters that he hasn’t lost sight of or given up on the fiscal issues that propelled his movement to begin with,” said Scott Jennings, a Republican political consultant in Kentucky.

Paul cast the only Republican vote against his party’s first attempt last month to repeal the Affordable Care Act. He was also the only Republican to vote against Mike Pompeo, President Donald Trump’s nominee for CIA director.

He’s met with members of the ultra-conservative House Freedom Caucus – perhaps best known for forcing a government shutdown and pushing former Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, to quit Congress – to discuss health care changes. And he offered his own health care plan.

Paul would not comment to McClatchy, but spokesman Sergio Gor said the senator “has always been willing to work with individuals across the political spectrum who share the same goals.”

Craig Holman, a lobbyist for Public Citizen, a nonpartisan government watchdog group, said Paul might be able to step in if Republicans turned on Trump or he became unelectable.

“I would fully expect Rand Paul to throw his hat in the ring,” Holman said.

read more:
    http://www.kentucky.com/news/politic...132695224.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1- subtle hit piece

2- no way in hell would Rand run for President again, especially in 2020, and likely never. He botched the last campaign and is (hopefully) smart enough to realize why.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    1- subtle hit piece

2- no way in hell would Rand run for President again, especially in 2020, and likely never. He botched the last campaign and is (hopefully) smart enough to realize why.
    He is going on the MSM cheerleading for Trump so he kind of deserves it. I can't say I think that his efforts are worth it though because I think that when the establishment use Trump as a fall guy he will be guilty by association. I know I won't be sending Trump cheerleaders any money no matter how many emails I get.

edit

Just watched a recent interview Rand's strategy is genius-

It looks like Rand Paul learned from Ted Cruz-It looks like he is trying to use Sméagol / Gollum/ Trump's political duality to promote liberty policies while using Trump as a megaphone. It might work extra good because Trump supporters will try to advance Rand Paul's policies because they think they are Trumps.

It's not like Trump backs down or changes positions people just always thinks he holds their position. The media tried to portray Rand Paul as just another Trump cheerleader but this is even bigger. Now I understand the Trump youtube channels with Rand Paul videos. Looks like the mods will get the last laughs for not banning the Trump supporters.

Atleast that's what I get from his blinking in his recent videos, either that or he has been replaced by double. lol

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He is going on the MSM cheerleading for Trump so he kind of deserves it. I can't say I think that his efforts are worth it though because I think that when the establishment use Trump as a fall guy he will be guilty by association. I know I won't be sending Trump cheerleaders any money no matter how many emails I get.

edit

Just watched a recent interview Rand's strategy is genius-

It looks like Rand Paul learned from Ted Cruz-It looks like he is trying to use Sméagol / Gollum/ Trump's political duality to promote liberty policies while using Trump as a megaphone. It might work extra good because Trump supporters will try to advance Rand Paul's policies because they think they are Trumps.

It's not like Trump backs down or changes positions people just always thinks he holds their position. The media tried to portray Rand Paul as just another Trump cheerleader but this is even bigger. Now I understand the Trump youtube channels with Rand Paul videos. Looks like the mods will get the last laughs for not banning the Trump supporters.

Atleast that's what I get from his blinking in his recent videos, either that or he has been replaced by double. lol

How did you get from Rand is cheerleading for Trump to Rand is a genius by watching one interview? You couldn't see this before like the rest of us?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

1- subtle hit piece

Only Collins is smart enough to realize why.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    How did you get from Rand is cheerleading for Trump to Rand is a genius by watching one interview? You couldn't see this before like the rest of us?
    This one is the one I was talking about - the blinking is key. If I were playing poker with him I would pay attention to blinking. He mentions ww1 and ww2 as reasons for not allowing immigration so he is talking about our currents ww3 projections there.. he also says beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which a year ago it was crazy is in the eye of the beholder...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1- subtle hit piece

Looks like the next 16 years belong to Trump and Pence .
    Do something Danke

I voted for Rand in the primary and would again but he would just be throwing money away if he enters again .
    Do something Danke

It's important for him to run just to get the message out there.

Like Ron, speak truth to power.

Hoping Rand's plan to repeal Obama care is successful. That would be a big feather in his cap for a future presidential run.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Looks like the next 16 years belong to Trump and Pence .
    And Pocahontas.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    And Pocahontas.
    Yes , now that Clintons ,Reid , Obummer , Biden , Pelosi , Sanders and Wasserman Schulz are on the back burner , she will be the new , fresh face of the American Communist Party.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    The events of the last 24 to 48 hours have me hoping that Senator Rand Paul does do a serious POTUS run in 2020. I honestly think Donald Trump is about to face a Senate Trial not unlike the one Andrew Johnson faced in 1868, and even if the final vote is 55 to 45, and one of the charges of the bill of impeachment is obstruction of justice, and DJT is cleared, I sincerely doubt that he can secure the GOP nomination a second time...

Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    It's important for him to run just to get the message out there.

Like Ron, speak truth to power.
    I agree...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Enough people hate Trump maybe they'd vote for Rand instead of Trump who knows
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He's pretty much branded. He can't run again, unless he has an entire makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He's pretty much branded. He can't run again, unless he has an entire makeover.
    He has been slowing branding himself with Trump supporters ever since the election, peeling of his slice and educating them on liberty. They pulled out all the stops to stop Rand this last time, I can only hope there is a next time. Rand's brand is not done though, he has just started, he is no Huckabee.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He has been slowing branding himself with Trump supporters ever since the election, peeling of his slice and educating them on liberty. They pulled out all the stops to stop Rand this last time, I can only hope there is a next time. Rand's brand is not done though, he has just started, he is no Huckabee.
    He need to run with an edge. Maybe the ascension of Trump will free him from those self-imposed restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He need to run with an edge. Maybe the ascension of Trump will free him from those self-imposed restraints.
    It won't. Rand won't act like an idiot and debate like a middle schooler because it's just not in him to do that. He cares about the philosophy too much.