Thread: CoverGirl's "CoverBoy" model in hot water for Africa comment

Exclamation CoverGirl's "CoverBoy" model in hot water for Africa comment

LOL - What happens when you send a boy to do a woman's job.

CoverGirl’s First Male Ambassador Faces Backlash for ‘Degrading’ Africa Tweet

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...-africa-tweet/

by Jerome Hudson18 Feb 2017184

James Charles, the first male spokesperson for CoverGirl cosmetics, caused a stir on social media after tweeting a joke about being anxious to travel to Africa for fear that he would contract the Ebola virus.

“‘I can’t believe we’re going to Africa today omg what if we get Ebola.’ ‘James we’re fine we could’ve gotten it at chipotle last year,'” the 17-year-old model wrote in a tweet he has since deleted.

The joke was captured, shared on social media, and condemned by social media users — many of whom are calling for Charles’s removal as CoverGirl ambassador:

I will no longer support your company as long as he's on the campaign. This was stereotypical & degrading to Africa. @COVERGIRL @COVERGIRL pic.twitter.com/RpgMp1lqfg

— IG/SC: ParisHeelton (@ImTheBombDotCom) February 16, 2017

@COVERGIRL drop James Charles or I will boycott all your products. His tweet abt Africa was unacceptable- ignorance should not be tolerated

— Pamela Muñoz (@thepamelamunoz) February 16, 2017

How do you say cancelled in all of the languages in Africa? @Jamescharles

— NANA JIBRIL 🌙 (@girlswithtoys) February 16, 2017

Autoplay: On | Off

@ImTheBombDotCom @COVERGIRL the ignorance is sickening.

— 21 féroce. (@Faatiima__) February 16, 2017

@Jamescharles I won't be satisfied till he loses the endorsement. Fool. Ignorant one

— RihannaNavy (@CoolinRoyalty) February 16, 2017

CoverGirl quickly distanced itself from Charles, calling his tweet “inappropriate.”

“James Charles’ tweet does not represent COVERGIRL’s perspective,” a spokesperson said. “We agree his statements were inappropriate but appreciate that he has issued an apology. We are an inclusive brand and respect all people and cultures.”

After a failed attempt to defend the joke, Charles posted a lengthy apology to Twitter:

pic.twitter.com/HQ0NvzA36C

— James Charles @Jamescharles) February 16, 2017

Some social media users ripped Charles for calling Africa a “country” and not a continent, thus prompting more explanatory tweets from the young model:

I misspoke & said country because we are traveling specifically to South Africa only. I know Africa is a continent and wanted to post an

ACTUAL, GENUINE, apology as soon as physically possible. I have a million things in my head right now. I am sorry and want to fix it somehow

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After reading those butthurt comments, I guess it's not only cover boy who has something up his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

That is not even offensive, he compared Africa to Chipotle which in my book is a complement, I love their food. The part that annoys me is whenever someone says Africa when they are trying to say a particular country in Africa. I bet he was going to one or two countries in Africa not the entire continent.

Btw, I am yet to see any of my Nigerian and other African friends say anything about this story on their facebook posts. Maybe it is the people out of the continent getting offended or maybe I just have really cool friends

Last time I was fishing on the Ebola River I could have used that kid for bait .
    Do something Danke

Everybody knows Ebola is fake. You are not supposed to talk about it. What a dummy.

FFS. #firstworldproblems
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Everybody under 40 should at least do 1 week of Tiger Fishing on a Congo River tributary .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Everybody under 40 should at least do 1 week of Tiger Fishing on a Congo River tributary .
    Sounds fun, uncle oyarde. What's the best time of year to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sounds fun, uncle oyarde. What's the best time of year to go?
    Probably Jan. - Feb. or June - Aug.
    Do something Danke

FFS. God knows I hate liberal progressives. I see shyt like this and no matter how much I despise Trump I thank God Hillary lost.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    FFS. God knows I hate liberal progressives. I see shyt like this and no matter how much I despise Trump I thank God Hillary lost.
    This is precisely why Trump won.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And all that aside....he's 17.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    And all that aside....he's 17.
    Child abuse, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is not even offensive, he compared Africa to Chipotle which in my book is a complement, I love their food. The part that annoys me is whenever someone says Africa when they are trying to say a particular country in Africa. I bet he was going to one or two countries in Africa not the entire continent.

Btw, I am yet to see any of my Nigerian and other African friends say anything about this story on their facebook posts. Maybe it is the people out of the continent getting offended or maybe I just have really cool friends
    Your friends have enough sense not to get assed up over the Tweets of a 17 year old tranny with bad eyebrows.

Seriously, Cover Girl...you couldn't find a better looking tranny? o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

" come we go burn down Babylon one more time "

$#@! fake news and fake racist claims

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Your friends have enough sense not to get assed up over the Tweets of a 17 year old tranny with bad eyebrows.

Lookist!

(Seriously...it's a thing: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Lookism )

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I have no clue myself...this $#@! is so far out of my wheelhouse...is Maybelline's transqu eer model more fabulous?

Stahp.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Stahp.
    I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread...
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Lookist!

(Seriously...it's a thing: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Lookism )
    I'm not a lookist! I just prefer my men wear less makeup than I do. Oh, and I don't like crazy drawn in brows on anyone.

Cover Girl make up sucks, btw. I wouldn't put it on my dog.

I have no clue myself...this $#@! is so far out of my wheelhouse...is Maybelline's transqu eer model more fabulous?

Marginally. Better brows but he's wearing too much eye make up and not only is that lipstick the wrong shade for him, it also doesn't go with the eye make up look. It appears they're going for the 70's disco look (fur, sequins, eye make up) and if that's the case, he needs glossy lips. Oh, and pro tip, shave. o_O

This whole thing is stupid. Who are they trying to sell these cosmetics to? Trannies? They don't buy that crap, they buy good make up. There are a few quality products in the drug stores (Burts Bees lipsticks - Rhubarb & Raisin, Great Lash by Max Factor, and I like the tinted moisturizer by E.L.F.) but none of them are made by those brands - Cover Girl, especially. CG make up all smells like Noxzema and the mascara makes my eyes burn.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

European men's carryall?

‘There’s mostly the perception that it’s for women'

Pharrell Williams has been wearing Chanel necklaces for years — only not the original costume jewelry.

“He has them copied in real gemstones,” noted Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel’s couturier since 1983.

Does he mind?

“Of course not. I’m flattered,” he said with a smile, for he has long called the music impresario part of the Chanel family.

Williams has appeared in a short film for Chanel, walked the runway in its most recent Métiers d’Art show at the Ritz Paris and is now the first man to appear in a handbag campaign for the French house. He is depicted in a concert hall toting a crocodile version of the new Gabrielle bag, which the house hopes could rival its classic 2.55 and 11.12 models.

Slated to break worldwide on April 3, the ads also features Kristen Stewart, Cara Delevingne and Caroline de Maigret, each exuding a different allure — insouciant, streetwise and quintessentially Parisian, respectively.

Unveiling the campaign exclusive to WWD, Lagerfeld said he wished to show that the Gabrielle bag can be worn in “many different circumstances” — and why not by a man?

“It’s not very feminine in the sense of being chichi,” he teased.

Lagerfeld noted that virtual reality goggles — which inspired the shape of the handbag — are used by both sexes. Indeed, at his fall 2017 ready-to-wear show in Paris earlier this week, the designer had male models — including his eight-year-old godson Hudson Kroenig, tote versions of the Gabrielle. Its double-chain handle permits multiple carrying options, including cross-body for greater security.

Interviewed after the Chanel show, Williams said Chanel first came to his attention more than a decade ago courtesy of rapper Notorious B.I.G.

Williams attended the Chanel show without a bag, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his hefty cardigan. But he said he relished the chance to carry the croc version of the Gabrielle he sports in the ads.

“When I first started wearing it I didn’t have anything in it. I was just so excited to have it,” he said. “But now I use it to carry my phone, and — you know — essential personal things.”

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/designer...-bag-10840808/

“When I first started wearing it I didn’t have anything in it. I was just so excited to have it,” he said. “But now I use it to carry my phone, and — you know — essential personal things.”
    Battery powered, remote controlled anal probe, I'm guessing.

Battery powered, remote controlled anal probe, I'm guessing.
    You think he's a Cover Girl or Maybelline guy?

YouTube demonetises James Charles over sexual misconduct allegations
    Beauty influencer with more than 25.5 million subscribers accused of sexting underage boys and grooming

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...nderage-minors

He is 21. He was sexted with two 16 year olds who claimed to be 18.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.