Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 127

Thread: New Country Thread. None of that $#@!ry pop $#@!....

  1. #1

    Default New Country Thread. None of that $#@!ry pop $#@!....




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3

    Default

    Yup.... I come from a family of Yankee and Southern. The great thing is we are all rednecks.





    Northern Redneck
    Aaron Lewis
    We grow tobacco and we drive trucks
    We kill whitetails and greenhead ducks
    And drive our four wheelers down the main road
    And bust out the sleds when it's cold
    We got back roads an' four-wheel-drives
    We got tailgates on a Friday night
    And it's a half hour from my front door
    To a Walmart or a grocery store
    What you all don't understand
    It ain't all about a southern man
    'Cause we got outlaws, we got hicks
    We got honkytonks out in these sticks
    We love our whiskey and we love our homegrown
    God damn it's so good to be home
    We wear Carhart, we don't wear suits
    We wear square toes and Chippewa boots
    And we all know where we come from
    And we'll be right here when it's done
    What you all don't understand
    It ain't all about the southern man
    'Cause we got family livin' out in these woods
    We got pride and a sense of what's good
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    It's a song for the workin' man
    Get up early and we work third shift
    Pay our taxes and protect our kids
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    'Cause there's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    There's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    'Cause I'm from the North son, you're from the South
    Straight out the trailer, fresh off the plow
    You got your Chevy parked next to my Ford
    And the colors flyin' high at your door
    I got a shotgun, fill it with shells
    You got a Bible but I'll see you in hell
    We ain't that different son, you and me
    Tryin' to make it in the land of the free
    What y'all don't understand
    It ain't all about a southern man
    'Cause we got family livin' out in these woods
    We got pride and a sense of what's good
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    It's a song for the workin' man
    Get up early and we work third shift
    Pay our taxes and protect our kids
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    'Cause there's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    I'm a redneck north of the Mason-Dixon

  5. #4

    Default

    Not politically inspiring.. and perhaps to emphasize...it ain't all about politics. It's just new country.


  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup.... I come from a family of Yankee and Southern. The great thing is we are all rednecks.





    Northern Redneck
    Aaron Lewis
    We grow tobacco and we drive trucks
    We kill whitetails and greenhead ducks
    And drive our four wheelers down the main road
    And bust out the sleds when it's cold
    We got back roads an' four-wheel-drives
    We got tailgates on a Friday night
    And it's a half hour from my front door
    To a Walmart or a grocery store
    What you all don't understand
    It ain't all about a southern man
    'Cause we got outlaws, we got hicks
    We got honkytonks out in these sticks
    We love our whiskey and we love our homegrown
    God damn it's so good to be home
    We wear Carhart, we don't wear suits
    We wear square toes and Chippewa boots
    And we all know where we come from
    And we'll be right here when it's done
    What you all don't understand
    It ain't all about the southern man
    'Cause we got family livin' out in these woods
    We got pride and a sense of what's good
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    It's a song for the workin' man
    Get up early and we work third shift
    Pay our taxes and protect our kids
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    'Cause there's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    There's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    'Cause I'm from the North son, you're from the South
    Straight out the trailer, fresh off the plow
    You got your Chevy parked next to my Ford
    And the colors flyin' high at your door
    I got a shotgun, fill it with shells
    You got a Bible but I'll see you in hell
    We ain't that different son, you and me
    Tryin' to make it in the land of the free
    What y'all don't understand
    It ain't all about a southern man
    'Cause we got family livin' out in these woods
    We got pride and a sense of what's good
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    It's a song for the workin' man
    Get up early and we work third shift
    Pay our taxes and protect our kids
    And we all got dirt on our hands
    'Cause there's rednecks north of the Mason-Dixon
    I'm a redneck north of the Mason-Dixon
    LOL check the youtube comments on that video, there seems to be a pattern forming...
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL check the youtube comments on that video, there seems to be a pattern forming...
    $#@! load to read. Rednecks have as many divisions as Christians. The principle is what matters. I'm not gonna explain the principles. You is or ain't.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    $#@! load to read. Rednecks have as many divisions as Christians. The principle is what matters. I'm not gonna explain the principles. You is or ain't.
    In TN they organize by county. One time I went to the Hank concert and there was a brawl. I asked someone why and they said it was because some dudes were from Robertson County and the others were from Dickson County. Afterward, the ones who didn't get loaded into the paddywagon were all hanging out together like nothing happened.
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  9. #8

    Default

    Jamie and Allison were meant to sing together...


  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    In TN they organize by county. One time I went to the Hank concert and there was a brawl. I asked someone why and they said it was because some dudes were from Robertson County and the others were from Dickson County. Afterward, the ones who didn't get loaded into the paddywagon were all hanging out together like nothing happened.
    That ain't bad. When I moved to rural Virginia it wasn't counties. It was "hollows", "ridges" and that translated to families and their prejudices. I was an outsider that once I proved my worth to all I become "middle-man." Not a Union. No dues. It's just matter of not playing favorites and not seeking attention.

    Honestly. You will get more from life by moving to the country.

    But this thread is about new country.........

    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-19-2017 at 01:01 AM.

  11. #10

  12. #11

    Default

    A lot of good country music includes some great comedy. Who doesn't remember Ween's 12 Country greats? New country along that line....


  13. #12

    Default

    Wheeler is a comedy writer like Ween.



    Every woman that I meet is a headache
    Spends my money and it ends in heartbreak
    See no reason to repeat my mistakes
    I'm better off alone beatin off...
    Every woman that I meet is unfaithful
    Every guy in town is stuffin her puss hole
    Y'all can have her, I hope you like blue balls
    I'm better off alone beatin off...
    Had enough of this same old game.
    Locked my door, grabbed my vaseline.
    Pulled my dick out and start to drain
    Finally have some peace in my brain.
    Sick and tired of this same old lie
    rather be unzippin my fly
    Pull my dick out and I start to cry
    jackin off with tears in my eye.
    Buy her jewelery and that expensive lipstick
    Turn my back and then she's suckin my dad's dick
    Had enough of it, I'm callin in sick
    I'm better off alone beatin off.
    Better off alone beatin off.
    Better off beatin off
    Better off beatin off
    Better off beatin off
    I'm Better off beatin off (repeat)
    end

  14. #13

    Default

    Stugill ain't...........



    Keep It Between The Lines
    Sturgill Simpson
    Don't turn mailboxes into baseballs
    Don't get busted selling at seventeen
    Those thoughts are absurd, to a dirty home
    Motoroil is motoroil
    Just keep the engine clean
    Keep your eyes on the prize
    Everything will be fine
    Long as you stay in school
    Stay off the hard stuff
    And keep between the lines
    Don't burn two lanterns at the same time
    No ship out on the water or the field we're in
    'Cause you live and you learn
    Sometimes you get burned
    When you get out, done got up
    Walked out the door and went
    Do as I say
    Don't do as I've done
    It don't have to be
    Like a father, like a son
    Don't let them try to upsell you
    There's a reason they make chocolate and vanilla, too
    If there's any doubt, then there is no doubt
    The gut don't never lie
    And the only word you'll ever need to know in life is, why
    Keep your head out of the clouds
    And remember to be kind
    And just stay in school
    Stay off the drugs
    And keep between the lines
    (Don't, don't sweat the small stuff)
    (Don't sweat the small stuff)
    (Don't sweat the small stuff)
    Songwriters: JOHN STURGILL SIMPSON

  15. #14

    Default

    Been trying to move from Sturgill but then I found this...



    "You Can Have The Crown"

    Well, I been spending all my money on weed n' pills
    Trying to write a song that'll pay the bills
    But it ain't came yet so I guess I'll have to rob a bank

    I guess it could be worse it ain't that bad
    At least I ain't sitting in old Baghdad
    in the middle of the hot damn desert sitting in a tank

    Every time the wife talks a baby gets mentioned
    But I'm so broke I can't pay attention
    Lord how it tears me up to see her cry

    So I been spending all my nights on the internet
    looking for a clue but ain't found one yet
    just a bunch of Mopars, guitars, & other stuff I can't buy

    Well now Lord if you can hear me won't you throw a damn dog a bone
    Cause if the Devil shows up with a better deal this old soul's going down
    I sing 'em real pretty I sing 'em real sad
    All the people in the crowd say he ain't half bad
    They call me King Turd up here on $#@! Mountain but if you want it you can have the crown

    Been sitting on my ass like a bump on a log
    Watching Andy and ol' Boss Hog
    Guess I ought to get up and go find a job

    Instead of sitting on the couch trying to find the next line
    I'm sure there's gotta be a better use of my time
    Like figuring out which one of these banks I'm gonna go rob

    Well the name of the game is hurry up and wait
    but that ain't putting no food on my plate
    or gas in my car and I drive a Bronco

    So Lord if I could just get me a record deal
    I might not have to worry about my next meal
    but I'll still be trying to figure out what the hell rhymes with Bronco

  16. #15

    Default

    I want to see a Jmaie Johnson and Chris Staplenon tour. Together they have some serious chops..


  17. #16

    Default

    For @TheTexan....




    Seven Spanish Angels (With Ray Charles)
    Willie Nelson
    He looked down into her brown eyes
    And said "say a prayer for me"
    She threw her arms around him
    Whispered, "God will keep us free"
    They could hear the riders comin'
    He said, "this is my last fight
    If they take me back to Texas
    They won't take me back alive"
    There were seven Spanish angels
    At the altar of the sun
    They were prayin' for the lovers
    In the valley of the gun
    When the battle stopped and the smoke cleared
    There was thunder from the throne
    And seven Spanish angels
    Took another angel home
    She reached down and picked the gun up
    That lay smokin' in his hand
    She said, "Father, please forgive me
    I can't make it without my man"
    And she knew the gun was empty
    And she knew she couldn't win
    But her final prayer was answered
    When the rifles fired again
    There were seven Spanish angels
    At the altar of the sun
    They were prayin' for the lovers
    In the valley of the gun
    When the battle stopped and the smoke cleared
    There was thunder from the throne
    And seven Spanish angels
    Took another angel home

  18. #17

    Default

    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This guy is good! He's from Texas so I should say "He's Bigly." Everything is bigly in Texs. Ty!

  20. #19

    Default

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  21. #20

  22. #21

    Default

    Is Hank III "old country" now?






  23. #22

  24. #23

    Default



    Last edited by fedupinmo; 02-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.

  25. #24

    Default

    Chris Stapleton is a big star now, but his best work was with The Steeldrivers. Their self-titled first album is a modern classic.

    NeoReactionary. Anarcho-Feudalist.

    The counter-revolution will not be televised.

    Traditionalism is the most revolutionary ideology of our times.

    -Julius Evola


  26. #25

  27. #26

    Default

    Lyrics that are brilliant in their simplicity.


    I met a girl
    She made me smile, she made me wait
    She crossed the street, she crossed my heart
    She fixed her dress, she bit her lip, she let me up
    I met a girl with crazy shoes and baby blues
    The way she moves is changing my whole world
    I met a girl




    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I do think that ID should be required for certain things like carrying a concealed weapon...




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  28. #27

    Default

    Great storytelling and a video to match.

    Ever want to write off your family? Or maybe you're the one who got spurned. LOL



    Then one sunny day, I saw the old man's face
    Front page obituary, he was a millionaire
    He left his fortune to some guy he barely knew; his kids were mad as hell!






    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I do think that ID should be required for certain things like carrying a concealed weapon...




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  29. #28

    Default




    Pancho Villa crossed the border in the year of ought sixteen
    The people of Columbus still hear him riding through their dreams
    He killed seventeen civilians you could hear the women scream
    Blackjack Pershing on a dancing horse was waiting in the wings

    Tonight we ride, tonight we ride
    We'll skin ole Pancho Villa, make chaps out of his hide
    Shoot his horse, Siete Leguas, and his twenty-seven bride
    Tonight we ride, tonight we ride

    We rode for three long years till Blackjack Pershing called it quits
    When Jackie wasn't lookin' I stole his fine spade bit
    It was tied upon his stallion, so I rode away on it
    To the wild Chihuahuan desert, so dry you couldn't spit

    Tonight we ride, you bastards dare
    We'll kill the wild Apache for the bounty on his hair
    Then we'll ride into Durango, climb up the whorehouse stairs
    Tonight we ride, Tonight we ride

    When I'm too damn old to sit a horse, I'll steal the warden's car
    Break my ass out of this prison, leave my teeth there in a jar
    You don't need no teeth for kissin' gals or smokin' cheap cigars
    I'll sleep with one eye open, 'neath God's celestial stars

    Tonight we rock, Tonight we roll
    We'll rob the Juarez liquor store for the Reposado Gold
    And if we drink ourselves to death, ain't that the cowboy way to go?

    Tonight we ride, tonight we ride
    Tonight we fly, we're headin' west
    Toward the mountains and the ocean where the eagle makes his nest
    If our bones bleach on the desert, we'll consider we are blessed
    Tonight we ride, Tonight we ride

    Tonight we ride, tonight we ride.

  30. #29

  31. #30

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. I'm drunk. Ask me s#$^#
    By John F Kennedy III in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 10:09 AM
  2. The Official Country Music Thread
    By satchelmcqueen in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
  3. The Official Alternative Country Thread
    By Met Income in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •