Thread: Janet Yellen: The US Economy Continues To Improve | CNBC

Janet Yellen: The US Economy Continues To Improve | CNBC

Published on Feb 14, 2017
    At a hearing with the Senate Banking Committee, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen speaks about how she will discuss the current economic situation and outlook before turning to monetary policy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Economic Fake News?
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-18-2017 at 04:04 PM.

This Is One Of The Big Reasons Why So Many Families Are Feeling Extreme Financial Stress
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...nancial-stress

"We're doing great" says the person in charge of the very institution which causes inflation in the first place.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The US economy is improving so hard right now
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Things are so bad people are cheering for some fake news from Zippy.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

As far as I am concerned , once debt became more than GDP and growth is below 2 or 3 percent , nothing these people have to say is of any importance .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I don't think that it's helpful to compare growth to a period of time which is now known to have been a bubble and was immediately followed by a crash. A crash that arguably was encouraged or at the very least enabled by the Fed. I'll take a prolonged 2% growth rate over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't think that it's helpful to compare growth to a period of time which is now known to have been a bubble and was immediately followed by a crash. A crash that arguably was encouraged or at the very least enabled by the Fed. I'll take a prolonged 2% growth rate over that.
    I'm not sure which bubble you're referring to, the dot com or the housing bubble. Either way you're right that it was enabled by the Fed. But if you understand that those bubbles were partially caused by the Fed you have to be aware that we are now in a MUCH bigger bubble. The amounts of Fed and Govt stimulus since the crash in 2008 make the previous amounts look like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm not sure which bubble you're referring to, the dot com or the housing bubble.
    Both.

But if you understand that those bubbles were partially caused by the Fed you have to be aware that we are now in a MUCH bigger bubble. The amounts of Fed and Govt stimulus since the crash in 2008 make the previous amounts look like nothing.
    Possibly. The quantities are much larger, certainly. My point is not that we are not in a bubble currently but more that if our expectations of economic growth and investment returns are at a level which are only generated during a bubble, that's both unrealistic and also will likely lead to government effort to recreate the 90s, which will promptly lead to a recreation of the 2000s.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Both.

Possibly. The quantities are much larger, certainly. My point is not that we are not in a bubble currently but more that if our expectations of economic growth and investment returns are at a level which are only generated during a bubble, that's both unrealistic and also will likely lead to government effort to recreate the 90s, which will promptly lead to a recreation of the 2000s.
    My point is that the underlying economy is clearly in worse shape than it was in 2008. Just like it was worse in 2007 than it was in 2001. You can't just look at the superficial numbers, you have to look at structural numbers, mainly the debt and the monetary base.

My point is that the underlying economy is clearly in worse shape than it was in 2008. Just like it was worse in 2007 than it was in 2001. You can't just look at the superficial numbers, you have to look at structural numbers, mainly the debt and the monetary base.
    Debt is certainly worse. The monetary base is, imho, not all that important by itself. It's not a number that I pay attention to.
    Pinochet is the model