Thread: Rand Paul on Morning Joe - 2/16

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    +rep and 5 star thread. This is what this forum should be doing. Posting and supporting Sen. Paul, his bill, his efforts, and his philosophy.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

He was killing it, as always. Smart, focused, and informed on the issues... unlike the current resident of the White House.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Jan2017

Obamacare or Ryan's Obamacare-lite ?
    No, instead repeal . . . it is an insurance industry problem/situation really and Ryan's plan doesn't make fiscal sense -costs go up.

Rand on Flynn situation "IF a law was broken . . . "

Rand Paul:
    “What kind of world it would be if secret intelligence agencies would record our phone calls and then release them to the media. That is not just a leak. … We are talking about private information between high ranking government officials and high ranking foreign government officials. If we’re going to release that to the press, that is very, very worrisome. In the process of that, we’re going to destroy people who are critics of the intelligence community. Boy that really, really alarms me. That’s not just a partisan shifting of blame. This is very, very concerning for a free society.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Rand Paul:
    “What kind of world it would be if secret intelligence agencies would record our phone calls and then release them to the media. That is not just a leak. … We are talking about private information between high ranking government officials and high ranking foreign government officials. If we’re going to release that to the press, that is very, very worrisome. In the process of that, we’re going to destroy people who are critics of the intelligence community. Boy that really, really alarms me. That’s not just a partisan shifting of blame. This is very, very concerning for a free society.
    Agree. This slippery slope leads to Stasi, Orwellian Big Brother.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand Paul:
    “What kind of world it would be if secret intelligence agencies would record our phone calls and then release them to the media. That is not just a leak. We are talking about private information between high ranking government officials and high ranking foreign government officials. If we’re going to release that to the press, that is very, very worrisome. In the process of that, we’re going to destroy people who are critics of the intelligence community. Boy that really, really alarms me. That’s not just a partisan shifting of blame. This is very, very concerning for a free society.
    Just saying.......

Rand Paul:

They must be scared AF about Flynn if they want him out so badly.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Obamacare or Ryan's Obamacare-lite ?
    No, instead repeal . . . it is an insurance industry problem/situation really and Ryan's plan doesn't make fiscal sense -costs go up.

Rand on Flynn situation "IF a law was broken . . . "
    Even NPR was saying Flynn probably didn't break any law but he embarrassed the White House.

Not sure I would want a NatSec advisor who didn't know the guy he was talking to was being recorded.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Mika says she won't book Kellyanne anymore because she (Mika) "doesn't believe in fake news." LOL from the network that carried nonstop fake news during the recent election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Not sure I would want a NatSec advisor who didn't know the guy he was talking to was being recorded.
    Steven Colbert used this line in his monologue recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Can't remember where I heard it, but that was used as a defense of Flynn. In other words, he was well aware that he was being "monitored", therefore what he said and talked about was completely innocuous.

Never lie to the Police, er...Pence. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Apparently anything said to the VP now must conform to the same standards as sworn testimony.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can't remember where I heard it, but that was used as a defense of Flynn. In other words, he was well aware that he was being "monitored", therefore what he said and talked about was completely innocuous.

Never lie to the Police, er...Pence. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Apparently anything said to the VP now must conform to the same standards as sworn testimony.
    That would depend on the call transcripts to know for sure. Lying (or misremembering) to the VP was the issue Trump brought up, the other folks crying foul are referencing the Logan Act. But so far, the FBI says there won't be charges.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    He was killing it, as always. Smart, focused, and informed on the issues... unlike the current resident of the White House.
    Hmmm...

"Bannon framed much of Trump’s agenda with the phrase, “deconstruction of the administrative state,” meaning the system of taxes, regulations and trade pacts that the president says have stymied economic growth and infringed upon U.S. sovereignty. Bannon says that the post-World War II political and economic consensus is failing and should be replaced with a system that empowers ordinary people over coastal elites and international institutions".

mebbe there is more going on than just "healthcare"?
    and yes, Rand killed it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.