Thread: Herbal medicine news: Pau d’arco neutralizes a wide variety of infections

Herbal medicine news: Pau d’arco neutralizes a wide variety of infections

Herbal medicine news: Pau d’arco neutralizes a wide variety of infections

(NaturalHealth365) Have you heard of the benefits of pau d’arco? It could just be one of the most powerful types of herbal medicine.

Tinctures made from pau d’arco tree bark can help to treat a range of health conditions from minor to severe. These include colds, flu, cough, fever, anemia, colitis, rheumatism, boils and malaria. This herbal medicine also offers relief from respiratory issues, fungal infections, snakebite, poor circulation, arthritis, rheumatism, syphilis, and even serious conditions like diabetes and cancer.

Lush, tropical Tabebuia tree yields abundance of pau d’arco benefits

The pau d’arco tree, a part of the Tabebuia genus, grows in tropical regions including the Amazon rainforest as well as other regions of South America and Latin America. This large canopy tree grows up to 25 yards high and the base of the tree can be 3 or more yards in diameter.

While this tree yields durable wood and is lush and beautiful as part of the tropical landscape, it is also known for its medicinal qualities. In fact, it has been used in herbal medicine throughout South America by indigenous tribes for thousands of years.

Powerful herbal medicine: A natural way to destroy infections

This tropical tree bark has potent antibacterial qualities and is effective against fungi, viruses and parasites as well as bacteria. It also reduces inflammation and pain while enhancing the immune system, thinning the blood, and drying secretions. This compound also has analgesic, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.

The list of pau d’arco benefits goes on. Other ailments and conditions assisted by pau d’arco include ulcers, psoriasis, allergies, urinary tract infections, candida, prostatitis, dysentery and stomatitis.

Pau d’arco benefits include anticancer properties

Perhaps most notably, pau d’arco bark has also been shown effective in fighting cancer in the human body. It seems to induce apotopsis, or programmed cell death in cancer cells. Additionally, pau d’arco helps to attack the harmful free radicals that can often lead to cancer. It has been shown to reduce tumor size in persons who have cancer.

In a 1980 study, an extract of pau d’arco called lapachol was given to persons with a range of cancers including kidney, liver, breast, cervix and prostate. The compound was shown to shrink tumors as well as reduce associated pain. Three of the nine patients studied also experienced total remissions of their cancer.

Pau d’arco cleanses the liver and may help prevent Parkinson’s disease

Some herbal medicine systems employ pau d’arco against liver disease due to its hepatotonic (liver-protecting) effects. It has also been used to help fight Hodgkin’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.

The main side effects reported with pau d’arco use include gastrointestinal effects like nausea and vomiting. It also has “anti-vitamin K” activity that could pose a problem in persons taking blood thinners.

The recommended dosage of pau d’arco is a tincture of 2 to 3 ml two to three times daily, but ideal dosage can vary. Pau d’arco is also available as a tea. Naturally, it’s a good idea to consult your trusted, healthcare provider before taking pau d’arco or any other type of herbal medicine.

References:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27923905

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26718788

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27159671

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/in...rbs/pau-d-arco

http://www.rain-tree.com/paudarco.htm#.WDHJVlzCcfs
    http://www.naturalhealth365.com/herb...ions-2136.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"The main side effects reported with pau d’arco use include gastrointestinal effects like nausea and vomiting. It also has “anti-vitamin K” activity that could pose a problem in persons taking blood thinners."

sooooo my translation of that is.. could also replace coumadin and aid in conjunction with natto kinase
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    "The main side effects reported with pau d’arco use include gastrointestinal effects like nausea and vomiting. It also has “anti-vitamin K” activity that could pose a problem in persons taking blood thinners."

sooooo my translation of that is.. could also replace coumadin and aid in conjunction with natto kinase
    Basically yes.

Turmeric is also a natural blood thinner, but will not cause internal bleeding like coumadin can.

can you feel big pharma's panties twisting?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I want some. I think I'm going to add it to my herbal tea rotation in the summer because when you sit around in a warm, damp swimsuit as much as I do, you know what happens. Anyway, I went to Amazon to read reviews on different brands and one reviewer said it works great as a foot soak for foot fungus. I just thought I'd put that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    can you feel big pharma's panties twisting?
    Always.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I want some. I think I'm going to add it to my herbal tea rotation in the summer because when you sit around in a warm, damp swimsuit as much as I do, you know what happens. Anyway, I went to Amazon to read reviews on different brands and one reviewer said it works great as a foot soak for foot fungus. I just thought I'd put that out there.
    It's great for many fungal infections.

Pau d’arco is used in the treatment of most fungal diseases, including thrush, athlete’s foot, nail fungus and ringworm. For digestive improvements in colitis, gastritis and stomach ulcers, as part of an anti-inflammatory prostate healing combination; externally as a cream or ointment in the healing of old sores and lesions, and for diaper rash in babies; used externally as a cream or ointment in the healing of cold sores and bruises. Pau d’arco has application in a pain relief program associated with arthritis and chemotherapy. It may also be used as part of the treatment of diabetes.
    http://www.herballegacy.com/Maiden_Medicinal.html

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's great for many fungal infections.

externally as a cream or ointment
    http://www.herballegacy.com/Maiden_Medicinal.html
    Could you just brew the tea and dab it on or mix it up in some coconut oil. Maybe fractionated coconut oil for better absorption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Could you just brew the tea and dab it on or mix it up in some coconut oil. Maybe fractionated coconut oil for better absorption?
    You can brew it and let it cool. Melt 3 tbps. of coconut oil and 1 tsp of beeswax let it cool until it thickens just a bit. Take a hand mixer and whip the oil and beeswax mixture and add the cool brew slowly into the mixture (about 1/4 cup or more) until it is the consistency of lotion. You can apply that daily.

*I buy my herbs in bulk, being they are loose, you calculate one heaping tbsp to 6oz. filtered water. Steep it for a few hours or leave it over night so your brew is strong.