Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kid Rock Eyed as Potential Senate Candidate

Kid Rock: ‘Pretty funny how scared I have them’

Musician Kid Rock on Monday defended himself against charges of racism from a Detroit-based civil rights group, claiming he wouldn’t be facing such attacks were he not considering a run for the U.S. Senate.

A Detroit-based affiliate of the National Action Network said last week it would protest Kid Rock’s six-show run opening the new Little Caesars Arena in Detroit this week, aiming to get the concerts canceled.

Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, said in a statement that people should ignore “the garbage the extreme left is trying to create!”

“They are trying to use the old confederate flag BS, etc. to stir the pot, when we all know none of this would be going on if I were not thinking of running for office. Pretty funny how scared I have them all and their only agenda is to try and label people / me racist who do not agree or cower to them!!” wrote Ritchie, who lives in Clarkston.

“My track record in Detroit and Michigan speaks for itself, and I would dare anyone talking trash to put theirs up against mine.”

In closing, he said, “I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE!!”

The National Action Network, founded by the Rev. Al Sharpton, has blasted Ritchie’s embrace of the Confederate flag in previous performances, as well as his criticism of former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem.

When you hire Kid Rock, who is known to be dog-whistling and cat-calling to white supremacist organizations and the white supremacist community, alt-right, whatever you want to call them, and you take our tax dollars to do that? That’s wrong,” the Rev. Charles Williams II, president of the National Action Network’s Detroit chapter, said on Facebook last week.

($#@! you, Chuck. How much has your organization given back to Detroit? p4p)

In his Monday statement, Ritchie reiterated his disdain for “anyone who takes a knee or sits during our national anthem.”

Kaepernick, who is black, refused to stand during the national anthem while with the San Francisco 49ers last year in protest of police violence and racial oppression.

Ritchie said he was “very disappointed” that none of the people, businesses or charities he’s supported in Detroit have responded to the “unfounded attacks” from his critics.

“So for the unforeseen future I will focus my philanthropy efforts on other organizations besides the ones I have supported in the past,” Ritchie wrote.

(You're Gottdamned straight. Start your own charity called the Kid Rock for Senate charity and pass out turkeys at Thanksgiving! p4p)

Last week, Ritchie dismissed those calling him “racist” in profanity-laced remarks during a Grand Rapids concert Wednesday, telling Nazis and the KKK to “stay the (expletive) away.”

Ritchie has teased a potential run for the U.S. Senate, stoking anticipation with sales of “Kid Rock for US Senate” merchandise and political statements at recent performances.

At last week’s show in Grand Rapids, his announcer introduced Ritchie as Michigan’s “next senator,” and Ritchie came on stage to the tune of “Hail to the Chief.”

The group Common Cause this month filed a complaint against Ritchie with the Federal Election Commission and U.S. Department of Justice, alleging he has violated federal election law by acting like a Senate candidate while failing to register his candidacy or comply with regulations for campaign contribution limits and disclosures.

Ritchie has previously said he’s exploring a “very possible campaign” for Senate to challenge Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow of Lansing, who is up for re-election next year.

His campaign website sells campaign shirts, hats, yard signs and stickers that say, “Kid Rock for US Senate.” He has said proceeds will go toward an organization he plans to start to promote voter registration.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...ock/105493658/

$#@! you left bull$#@! money hucksters. When you start helping your community instead of dividing it perhaps I might have an ear for you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, $#@! the National Action Network and their race-baiting. In 2012 the NAN owed $900k in back taxes. Typical liberals, just like their tax dodging founder Al Sharpton.
    In 2012 Rock not only paid his taxes but ponied up at least another $1 million for local charities. I wonder if Karen Dumas is going to come out and excoriate the NAN for what they really are?

Some stared, others pointed, and a few laughed as Ritchie's African-American friend and roommate at the time Karen Dumas, a Detroit native, watched the perceived outsider literally face the music.
    Dumas is a former spokeswoman for Detroit Mayor Dave Bing who has witnessed Kid Rock's seflessness and gratitude help change lives in the Motor City and give opportunities to its residents that previously weren't available.

Kid Rock said modestly in November during an interview with the CBS show "Sunday Morning" he "probably" has given close to $1 million to charitable causes in the past year.

Dumas wouldn't be surprised if that's a low estimate.

"One time he handed me checks for five or six organizations, and I think the largest check was for $50,000," said Dumas, who lived in the same four-unit house on the east side of Detroit with Kid Rock in the early 90s. "He just said, 'Here, Karen. Can you get these to them?"

"He didn't do it with any fanfare or any press release. He's sincere and realizes he's been blessed."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d...detroit_p.html

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he is going to make a serious run the he needs to start acting seriously about it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If he is going to make a serious run the he needs to start acting seriously about it.
    That boy's about as politically competent as a box of rocks.

As was mentioned earlier by someone, he's just another example of the fact that people want to be led. And it doesn't matter who, as long as they're being led.

You mean like actually..commit? I think in politics this is called "feeling it out." I'm sure you learned this in one of your courses.

Also libertine is not libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Also libertine is not libertarian.
    He wouldn't be the best. But, he wouldn't be the worst. Yay!, two party!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He wouldn't be the best. But, he wouldn't be the worst. Yay!, two party!
    Well I agree with you about the two party system.

I'll say this and I'll shut up. During the 2014 Mid-Term we saw more Independent, third party, and Green Party candidates in modern history. Some really good people there and about, too. And we didn't hear or read a single word about any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well I agree with you about the two party system.

I'll say this and I'll shut up. During the 2014 Mid-Term we saw more Independent, third party, and Green Party candidates in modern history. Some really good people there and about, too. And we didn't hear or read a single word about any of them.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You mean like actually..commit? I think in politics this is called "feeling it out." I'm sure you learned this in one of your courses.
    No, not that, but just communicating to voters in a way that a candidate should.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he'll win if he genuinely tries... and I'm okay with that.

I know it's stupid and ridiculous, but he could win Michigan. His biggest problem is he can't be "Kid Rock" on the ballot.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I know it's stupid and ridiculous, but he could win Michigan. His biggest problem is he can't be "Kid Rock" on the ballot.

He can just write his nickname in parentheses. No big deal!

While I admit that most celebrities are out of touch douches... have our lawyers and military personnel really done such a stellar job that musicians and TV personalities are any more "ridiculous" than they are?

Until mechanics, bakers, and librarians can afford to campaign, I'm okay with lawyers seeing some competition from our rags to riches musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    While I admit that most celebrities are out of touch douches... have our lawyers and military personnel really done such a stellar job that musicians and TV personalities are any more "ridiculous" than they are?

Until mechanics, bakers, and librarians can afford to campaign, I'm okay with lawyers seeing some competition from our rags to riches musicians.
    Public office is supposed to be for a cause and not a career. This is why the 2016 election is such a landmark and probably the greatest election of all time. You might not like Donald Trump or his policies but it is bigger then Donald Trump. It's so exciting that we are going to be seeing celebrities running for President while mechanics run for state and local office. Nonpoliticians are on a mission so they are more likelt ro carry out their promises than career politicians who always hold things off till the next election and nothing gets done. In the long run this will lead to a free America.
    Last edited by dude58677; 09-13-2017 at 07:40 AM.

I think it's funny that the democrats are protesting him, but he's out there supporting BLM and getting Republicans to cheer universal healthcare and gay marriage.

"No justice, no pizza!"

Amid chants of “No more,” the Rev. Charles Williams II led a crowd of demonstrators Tuesday protesting Kid Rock’s opening act at the new Little Caesars Arena.

“We made sure that we sent a message,” he told the cheering throng.

Having led the crowd back to Grand Circus Park, where it had departed at about 5:30 p.m. for the arena, Williams, who heads the Michigan chapter of National Action Network that organized the protest, shouted: “One thing we ought to know, it’s not over. We are one Detroit and we will not stand for the divisive, hateful language of Kid Rock in our city. We don’t want to listen.”

The crowd, also chanting “No justice, no pizza” in reference to the eponymous pizza empire, grew to about 400 people in a walk from the park to protest Kid Rock’s appearance at the taxpayer-funded arena’s grand opening and his use in the past of the Confederate flag on stage.
    Last edited by EBounding; 09-13-2017 at 09:01 AM.

I think it's funny that the democrats are protesting him, but he's out there supporting BLM and getting Republicans to cheer universal healthcare and gay marriage.

"No justice, no pizza!"
    “You will respect us,” he (Williams) said. “We will demand respect.
    Doesn't work that way $#@!-bag race-baiter. $#@! you. No respect.

I think it's funny that the democrats are protesting him, but he's out there supporting BLM and getting Republicans to cheer universal healthcare....
    I thought he said in that rant that you DIDN'T need to remind him the Black Lives Matter and that he didn't mind contributing to healthcare because he was rich but "we" shouldn't be forced to pay.

Guess I need to listen again

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought he said in that rant that you DIDN'T need to remind him the Black Lives Matter and that he didn't mind contributing to healthcare because he was rich but "we" shouldn't be forced to pay.

That is what he said.

No, not that, but just communicating to voters in a way that a candidate should.
    WAY too early for that. Kid Rock has universal name recognition and should wait until the very last moment before declaring himself a candidate. He is playing this absolutely the way that he should.

For what it's worth:

"It seems the government wants to give us all health insurance and wants us all to pay, and to be really frank, I really don't have a problem with that, because God has blessed me and made my pockets fat."

It is LITERALLY straight out of idiocracy.... his 'speech' at the concert was hilarious. Sad thing is, Murica (TM) would vote for him and he would win....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

For what it's worth:

"It seems the government wants to give us all health insurance and wants us all to pay, and to be really frank, I really don't have a problem with that, because God has blessed me and made my pockets fat."
    And to be very frank, I really don't have a problem with that, since God has blessed me and made my pockets fat. But redistribution of wealth seems more like their plan. And I don't believe you should save, sacrifice, do things by the book and then have to take care of some deadbeat, milking the system, lazy a-- motherf---ing man.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    It is LITERALLY straight out of idiocracy.... his 'speech' at the concert was hilarious. Sad thing is, Murica (TM) would vote for him and he would win....
    It really was. Kinda makes me like him though. The guy ain't a dumbass, like most politicians. In the meantime he is racking up $ale$. Lol. I don't think he is serious. I think the left can protest too much that his ego might cause him to go forward though.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Kid Rock has universal name recognition
    Not among average voters he doesn't. You have to remember the average voting age is somewhere around 70 years old. And they aren't going to vote for someone who acts like and looks like he does.

He needs a haircut, more professional attire, a serious attitude, and less profane language. If he does that, then yes, he can absolutely win (and part of me hopes he does).

He's not running, lol

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...ate/106955446/

Kid Rock made clear his intentions to run for Senate during an appearance on “The Howard Stern Show” Tuesday morning.

“(Expletive) no, I’m not running for Senate, are you (expletive) kidding me?” Rock said. “Who couldn’t figure that out?”

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I won't believe either way until the deadline passes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12