Thread: BuzzFeed Article on Rand Paul

BuzzFeed Article on Rand Paul

Decent article I think. Sort of sums up and updates where Rand is headed:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti...jJP#.ij5YMEM2Y

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good read

This is the only part I found really interesting.

[Rand] also announced his opposition to the “rumors” about Abrams on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, a show Trump is known to watch regularly, specifically calling Abrams a NeverTrumper during the segment and stressing that Abrams was the one against Trump. A day later Abrams was reportedly out of the running after Trump learned of Abrams’ criticism of his candidacy last year.
    Can somebody tell me why RAND was doing the media's job here? I mean, ffs, why does it have to be our guy who comes out with the hidden secret that changes Trump's mind on an absolutely atrocious, establishment pick? I mean, it was great that he did it, it just is very telling that he is the one who had to do it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This is the only part I found really interesting.

Can somebody tell me why RAND was doing the media's job here? I mean, ffs, why does it have to be our guy who comes out with the hidden secret that changes Trump's mind on an absolutely atrocious, establishment pick? I mean, it was great that he did it, it just is very telling that he is the one who had to do it.
    And I found it a little disturbing that Trump may be making cabinet picks by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe. And additionally disturbing that Trump may not have been aware of Abrams' earlier criticism.
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-15-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    And I found it a little disturbing that Trump may be making cabinet picks by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe.
    He didn't make his cabinet pick by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe, he got them by listening to Rand Paul, a guy he has played golf with and has had many interactions with, who happened to be on the show..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He didn't make his cabinet pick by getting ideas from watching Morning Joe, he got them by listening to Rand Paul, a guy he has played golf with and has had many interactions with, who happened to be on the show..
    The proximity in time of the Morning Joe appearance and Trump's removal of Abrams' from consideration seem curiously close.
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-15-2017 at 01:17 AM.