Thread: Strating Seeds Indoors under lights

Red face Strating Seeds Indoors under lights

Hello,

It's my method for starting seeds indoors in my home basement.

Tools, equipment, tips, germination rates...

Steps ---> How to start seeds indoors

Comments !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pro-tip:

I've used seedling starter trays and plugs for gardens before, and of course you can always just put a seed right into a small cup of moist soil and pray but paper towels seem to work better/faster and you can put the seedlings right into some small cups of soil and skip the seedling starter trays and plugs.

Place the seeds in a folded wet paper towel (folded at least twice). Place wet paper towel on a small plate. Put the plate in a dark place at around room temp. Check the plate each day, make sure the paper towel stays moist. The paper towel should be at about holding capacity for water but not more (if you pick it up, it shouldn't really drip too much).

After a few days, the seedlings should start sprouting. Once you get a little greenery, you can place each individual sprout in small cup of moist soil with root tip pointing down and the green side up right about at the surface.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-15-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Watch out when you plant your seedlings outside. They may get a bit of a shock when going from the low light levels under fluorescent tubes into the ultra-high light-level sunlight. Also, shade them from the wind at first.
    "I am a bird"

I'm no pro by any means, but I had really good results last year starting my tomatoes and peppers indoors.

To start my seedlings, I used the trays with the clear covers and put them on top of our refrigerator and freezer because it is nice and warm there.

Once sprouted, I moved them to another room where I used a couple of portable light fixtures with those crappy daylight CFL bulbs.

They turned out real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm no pro by any means, but I had really good results last year starting my tomatoes and peppers indoors.

To start my seedlings, I used the trays with the clear covers and put them on top of our refrigerator and freezer because it is nice and warm there.

Once sprouted, I moved them to another room where I used a couple of portable light fixtures with those crappy daylight CFL bulbs.

They turned out real nice.
    Great idea putting them on top of the fridge! I was considering buying a warming mat but I'm going to try that instead. I think you just saved me $20.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Anybody know if LEDs are any good for indoor growing?

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Everything you want to know is here: https://forum.grasscity.com/#marijuana-cultivation.566
    Seriously, go read up on indoor & stealth grow techniques at Grasscity.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

I use LED grow lights. They work great.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Started some pepper seeds this weekend and put them on top of the fridge. It worked out good because I found the sunglasses I thought I lost and an Aldi's candy bar someone tried to hide. Bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Started some pepper seeds this weekend and put them on top of the fridge. It worked out good because I found the sunglasses I thought I lost and an Aldi's candy bar someone tried to hide. Bonus.
    Jackpot !
    Do something Danke