Thread: Trump turns over torture report to the court, that Obama refused to turn over.

Banned

Blog Entries

Trump turns over torture report to the court, that Obama refused to turn over.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nat...s/201702120172

National briefs: Trump turns over report on CIA torture
    February 12, 2017 12:00 AM
    Compiled from news services

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba — The Trump administration said it delivered to a federal court vault in Washington, D.C., a Justice Department copy of the Senate Torture Report on the CIA’s secret prison network during the George W. Bush administration.

The Obama administration had balked at turning over a copy to any court.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another proof Trump is Hitler.

So the report is going into a vault and nobody is still going to see it.

The Trump administration said it delivered to a federal court vault in Washington, D.C., a Justice Department copy of the Senate Torture Report on the CIA’s secret prison network during the George W. Bush administration.
    Lawyers at the Guantanamo war court had wanted military judges to obtain and preserve copies of the report for use in the Sept. 11, 2002, and USS Cole death-penalty cases of six men who spent years in the CIA prisons called black sites. The chief judge, Army Col. James L. Pohl, refused but eventually ordered the Pentagon to safeguard one of its copies.
    Trump may look it over for some ideas.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Zippy and CPUd show up on the cue.
    Last edited by timosman; 02-12-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So the report is going into a vault and nobody is still going to see it.

What do you mean "nobody?" What exactly is a federal court vault?

And I see you're a supporting member now. That's a new one, huh?

Zippyjuan
    Supporting Member

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-12-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Banned

Blog Entries
    So the report is going into a vault
    Yes

and nobody is still going to see it.
    LoL!

because it is called a vault... ... dude, I think your stupid is showing again.
    Yeah dude. Because vaults can only have things put in them, but never taken out.

It's being turned over to the courts, as stated in the story. Vault, high security access library, whatever you want to call it. Certain members of the courts will be able to review it now. Obama refused to let anybody, including the judiciary, to review it.

You lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Yes

LoL!

because it is called a vault... ... dude, I think your stupid is showing again.
    Yeah dude. Because vaults can only have things put in them, but never taken out.

It's being turned over to the courts, as stated in the story. Vault, high security access library, whatever you want to call it. Certain members of the courts will be able to review it now. Obama refused to let anybody, including the judiciary, to review it.

You lose again.
    So who is allowed to go into this vault and check out the report? Is it freely available? Can I use my library card and check it out?

The vault is where sealed documents are kept- things people are not supposed to have access to.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-12-2017 at 11:54 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The vault is where sealed documents are kept- things people are not supposed to have access to.

If nobody has access, then why didn't Obama turn it over? What's the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Banned

Blog Entries
    So who is allowed to go into this vault and check out the report?
    Certain members of the judiciary.

Is it freely available?
    no

Can I use my library card and check it out?
    Of course not, unless you are a member of the judiciary tasked to review classified reports on interrogations/torture, and review the constitutionality of the actions.
    Yes zippy. Very good, only certain members of the court will have access to it. Something Obama let no (as in refused to hand it over for review) members of the court to review. Hence the story posted in this thread. Of course it is not being publicly released. Never said it was. Nobody said it was. Nobody said anything about library cards.

The more you fight, the more you lose.
    Last edited by UWDude; 02-13-2017 at 12:10 AM.

It didn't really change anything- only its physical location. It was already in the Justice Department's hands.

“the government deposited for the Court Information Security Officers (CISOs) for secure storage a complete and unredacted electronic copy of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Committee Study of the CIA’s Detention and Interrogation Program.”
    Instead, Friday’s filing said a copy that “had been previously delivered to the Department of Justice Office of Legislative Affairs” was delivered to the U.S. District Court at 333 Constitution Ave. in Washington

Banned

Blog Entries
    It didn't really change anything- only its physical location. It was already in the Justice Department's hands.
    from the article:
    The Obama administration had balked at turning over a copy to any court.
    You like losing, don't you?

Banned

Blog Entries
    I am sure talkingpoints.memo and shareblue.org have been notified by you two now. You guys are always vigilant. You will have your talking points and refutations spelled out for you by them tomorrow.

and tomorrow we will hear the official line, catered specifically for the libertarian audience.

David Brock of correct-the-record's memos leaked, Here is their strategy
    Last edited by UWDude; 02-15-2017 at 03:17 AM.

CIA Cables Expose CIA Deputy Director's direct role in torture, as well as the subsequent destruction of evidence and cover up: https://www.propublica.org/article/c...ole-in-torture
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Do the FSB officially sanction torture?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

So who is allowed to go into this vault and check out the report? Is it freely available? Can I use my library card and check it out?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So who is allowed to go into this vault and check out the report?
    People with security clearance, for starts.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    from the article:

You like losing, don't you?
    Help me out here.... who is winning or losing? What's the score.

More importantly, what's the prize for whoever wins this thing you have ?
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The usual deflect with a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    The usual deflect with a question.
    Did you know the answer