Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Tweets Against Business Dropping Slow Selling Merchandise

Trump Tweets Against Business Dropping Slow Selling Merchandise

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...a-line-n718396

Just happens to be his daughter's line though. "Unfair!" It came immediately following his daily security briefing. I guess this was the most important issue facing the world.

Nordstrom Says It Told Ivanka Trump Last Month Her Line Would Be Dropped

President Donald Trump hit back at Nordstrom on Twitter on Wednesday morning after the retailer said it wasn't buying his daughter Ivanka's clothing line for this season — a decision Nordstrom said it informed her of in early January.

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom," Trump wrote. "She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

President Donald Trump hit back at Nordstrom on Twitter on Wednesday morning after the retailer said it wasn't buying his daughter Ivanka's clothing line for this season — a decision Nordstrom said it informed her of in early January.

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom," Trump wrote. "She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

Follow
    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!
    7:51 AM - 8 Feb 2017
    25,488 25,488 Retweets 128,758 128,758 likes
    "This is a direct attack on his policies and her name," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer later said of Nordstrom's move.

The tweet was sent at 10:51 a.m., 21 minutes after the president's daily intelligence briefing was scheduled to start.

Spicer said the president was "free at the time" when he tweeted.

The official Twitter account of the president, @POTUS, also retweeted the posting from his personal @realDonaldTrump account.

The blowup comes six days after Nordstrom announced that it would not order Ivanka Trump's collection this season. The luxury department store chain denied that the move was in response to a #GrabYourWallet campaign orchestrated to get the stores to stop carrying the Trump brand in protest of her father's policies.

"We made this decision based on performance," a Nordstrom spokesperson told NBC News in an emailed statement. "Over the past year, and particularly in the last half of 2016, sales of the brand have steadily declined to the point where it didn't make good business sense for us to continue with the line for now.

"We've had a great relationship with the Ivanka Trump team," the spokesperson continued. "We've had open conversations with them over the past year to share what we've seen and Ivanka was personally informed of our decision in early January."
    Other retailers have recently stepped back from carrying Ivanka Trump's products. Neiman Marcus has stopped selling her jewelry on its website. TJ Maxx instructed employees Wednesday to toss Ivanka Trump signage into the garbage and mix her clothes in with their regular sales racks, The New York Times reported.

Trump's tweet appeared in the middle of a news cycle that has Trump's travel order on majority Muslim countries facing a skeptical federal appeals court. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, and her Democratic colleagues were also catching air time as they objected to Warren's being silenced in a Senate debate.

It will likely draw fresh attention to concerns over potential entanglements between Trump's family businesses and his presidential power.
    Nordstrom stock price has been up since the announcement.

Ivanka was dropping the brand anyways:

Ivanka Trump herself announced she would leave her eponymous brand, after her husband was appointed senior adviser to the White House. The Ivanka Trump brand did not respond to our inquiry, but issued a statement on Feb. 3 that read, in part: "We believe that the strength of a brand is measured not only by the profits it generates, but the integrity it maintains."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...209-story.html
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-09-2017 at 03:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am negging this thread and the OP. Guess the reason.

A. ZippyJuan is interested in genuine discussion.
    B. ZippyJuan is interested in learning from others here.
    C. ZippyJuan is a liberty lover who supports the site's mission and posts to contribute to that mission.
    D. ZippyJuan repeatedly posts contrary content to disrupt the site.

The correct answer is D.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

C. ZippyJuan is a liberty lover who supports the site's mission and posts to contribute to that mission.

The correct answer is D.
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the thread. Your interest in the discussion is inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the thread. Your interest in the discussion is inspiring.

Thank you for your 9 year contribution to this site. Your interest in liberty is inspiring.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This is about the best publicity Ivanka T could get. Free advertising. I'll bet millions didn't even know she had clothing. Now they will go check it out. Those not selling her clothing line will be on the losing end.

Thanks, snowflake libs!

Thank you for your 9 year contribution to this site. Your interest in liberty is inspiring.
    Thank you! +Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you! +Rep.
    No, thank you!!

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While Trump is 100% correct, I'm not sure if the President should be twitting about such stuff...
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

I've seen that guy's show. He's a metrosexual lib. Sort of like Letterman Lite.

Why would Trump family merchanise be selling quickly at Macy's but slowly at NS?
    Two and two don't add up.

Godforbid, if few years from now if NS had to close most of its stores due to decreased traffic, who would they blame for that?

Related

Macy's is closing these 68 stores: Is yours on the list? - USA Today
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...lose/96169742/
    Jan 4, 2017

Why we dropped Trump's menswear line: Macy's CEO
    http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/12/why-w...macys-ceo.html
    Aug 12, 2015

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I bet all the algo traders have programmed in reactions to his tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

This stuff is so tiring. Anybody want to join me in flagging NCL's neverending stream of zero-content troll accusation posts?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    This stuff is so tiring.

So Zip can do this for 9 years, but it's a problem when I give it right back to him?

The correct answer is D.
    Well you just forced me to +rep Zippy and this thread for your silly neg rep. Trump is a douche and this was a douche move. This isn't TrumpForums.com. It's RonPaulForums.com.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well you just forced me to +rep Zippy and this thread for your silly neg rep. Trump is a douche and this was a douche move. This isn't TrumpForums.com. It's RonPaulForums.com.

So Zip is doing you a service?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    While Trump is 100% correct, I'm not sure if the President should be twitting about such stuff...
    I'm sure that he shouldn't be. And I was also sicked by the Obama's appearing on fluff TV like Ellen and Conan O'Brien. And I didn't like Laura Bush going on Rachel Ray. Presidents and first families should be...well...presidential. It's a disgrace. If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So Zip is doing you a service?
    A broken clock is right twice a day. When Trump does a douche move, posting about it is indeed a service. And I felt the same when it was Obama and Obama did a douche move.

A broken clock is right twice a day. When Trump does a douche move, posting about it is indeed a service. And I felt the same when it was Obama and Obama did a douche move.

Zip never posted about Obama's bad moves. Zip only posted glowing labor reports and such from 2008-2016.

If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.
    In Trump's defense, I thought he promised to skip the salary?
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 02-10-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    It Trump's defense, I thought he promised to skip the salary?
    He also promised to show his tax returns.
    There is no spoon.

I'm sure that he shouldn't be. And I was also sicked by the Obama's appearing on fluff TV like Ellen and Conan O'Brien. And I didn't like Laura Bush going on Rachel Ray. Presidents and first families should be...well...presidential. It's a disgrace. If presidents want to be Kardashians then they should skip the salary and just get paid on endorsement deals.
    "Presidential". You mean, like royalty?
    I enjoy having a real person in power for once, that doesn't have a stick up his ass. Still watching what he does though...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump is not a liberty candidate, has major position stances that Ron Paul would never support which is why Ron Paul refused to vote for him, and has never supported the liberty movement.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump is not a liberty candidate, has major position stances that Ron Paul would never support which is why Ron Paul refused to vote for him, and has never supported the liberty movement.
    Supporting Hillary is somehow better.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post

WTF does Hitery have to do with this???

NOTHING.

Nada, zip, negative, nyet, NO.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post

Huh? Who said supporting Hillary is better? I support the person I voted for, RON PAUL! Because I actually support his positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WTF does Hitery have to do with this???

NOTHING.

Nada, zip, negative, nyet, NO.
    That's why they want to run Zippy out of town...

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again." Too bad so many "liberty supporters" want to run posters who don't support Cheeto Mussolini out of town. Trump ZippyJuan is not a liberty candidate RPF member, and has never supported the liberty movement.

Fixed that.

Zip never posted about Obama's bad moves. Zip only posted glowing labor reports and such from 2008-2016.
    So fvcking what? It's a bitch move to complain that when someone posts negative about Trump because he didn't post negative about Obama. Are you posting negative about Trump? I don't monitor people who post negative stories about Obama to see if they are "balancing" them with negative stories about Trump. All I care about is whether the story is true or not. And in this case it turns out it's true. Trump did a douche move tweeting about his daughter's business when he is POTUS. If it's not illegal it should be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast