Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 22 Year Non Citizen Resident, Mom of 2 Deported for "Felony" Fake SSN

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But I think you missed my point which is the fact that impaired drivers are not a benefit to anybody .....
    Your point isn't a fact. It's an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Fixed.

So, I take it you DO support the requirement to provide Social Security numbers to work.

Strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    what was the value of this identity "theft"
    Look what that Kenyan fellow did with that stolen Connecticut social security number...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Your point isn't a fact. It's an opinion.
    Thanks for the correction. Also, the statement is a lie because loads of people can benefit from an impaired driver on the road. The tow truck driver, the EMT company that takes the victim to the hospital, the junk yard guy, the medical staff (doctors, nurses, PT/OT, nurses aids etc) and after the medical staff fails, the grave digger, the undertaker, mortician, casket seller etc etc can all benefit from said drunk driver on the road. One more, the bargain hunters that come in to buy up cheap items from estate sale. The list is endless

Sorta like how the window guy in the broken window fallacy story benefits from the broken window

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I live here and know the folks involved (the police).

This woman is a repeat offender (been deported before), an identity thief, and a convicted felon (class 4). To anyone feigning sympathy for her ask yourself one question:

What would happen to you if you went to any other country ILLEGALLY, stole and used someone's identity, and were then arrested and convicted for that offense?

Yeah... send her ass packing. No tears from me.
    That is certainly not the image portrayed by the articles. They talk about a "felony". Is simply using someone else's SSN for a job a felony, or is there more to it? Credit cards under another SSN? Tax refunds due to someone else? Was there some sort of theft involved?

In terms of prioritization, Trump would say start with the "bad hombres" (rapists, murderers, robbers, thieves, etc.). If this person is not a thief, and this is simply a SSN used for a job, it should not be a priority. How long a person has been here should also be a consideration. Over 20 years should not be a priority deportation (unless it's truly a bad hombre).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You only say this cos you haven't been smashed into at 50 m/h by someone who was driving impaired. I promise you that your tone would change after whatever months it takes for you to regain consciousness.
    Does that mean you only don't care about ID Theft because you've personally never paid every dime of your income tax all year, only to end up owing another $10 grand because some other guy earned $25k with 8 exemptions on your SSN and kicked you into a higher tax bracket? You only care about those things which affect you, personally?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Does that mean you only don't care about ID Theft because you've personally never paid every dime of your income tax all year, only to end up owing another $10 grand because some other guy earned $25k with 8 exemptions on your SSN and kicked you into a higher tax bracket? You only care about those things which affect you, personally?
    Thank God Almighty that nobody in my family or any of my close friends have gotten into a serious car accident. Knock on wood. My sister's identity was stolen but unluckily for her, it wasn't stolen by someone who wanted to work with it. They just open several credit cards in her name and racked up about quite a bit of money(can't remember how much) before the damage was caught.

But knowing what I know now about car accidents, I would still take a $10k penalty over being caught up in a bad car accident. You would be surprised to know how many pieces your pelvis can be broken into from a bad car accident. And about that free blowjob from a random hottie? forget about it cos your dick maybe permanently damaged from it

That presupposes that the law in question is a just law.
    Of course it's a just law. We've already determined it's a just law here, long ago.
    The US Constitution clearly says the federal government has the power to call forth the militia to repel invasions.
    Therefore they have the right to create federal departments to control people peaceably entering the US.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Thank God Almighty that nobody in my family or any of my close friends have gotten into a serious car accident. Knock on wood. My sister's identity was stolen but unluckily for her, it wasn't stolen by someone who wanted to work with it. They just open several credit cards in her name and racked up about quite a bit of money(can't remember how much) before the damage was caught.

But knowing what I know now about car accidents, I would still take a $10k penalty over being caught up in a bad car accident. You would be surprised to know how many pieces your pelvis can be broken into from a bad car accident. And about that free blowjob from a random hottie? forget about it cos your dick maybe permanently damaged from it
    You should probably dial down the sex obsession a little bit.

You have a habit of working from the fat part of the bell curve for the things you are okay with, and the tail end of the bell curve for things you don't like. You talk as though the guy suddenly on the hook for $10k is so extreme and rare, as though having a pelvis broken in 4 places were not also extreme and rare.

It's not that anybody wants a broken pelvis, obviously, but if you are going to work on the tail end of the bell curve for a policy you are pushing then you don't get to sit in the fat part of the bell curve for the policy you don't like.

You should probably dial down the sex obsession a little bit.

You have a habit of working from the fat part of the bell curve for the things you are okay with, and the tail end of the bell curve for things you don't like. You talk as though the guy suddenly on the hook for $10k is so extreme and rare, as though having a pelvis broken in 4 places were not also extreme and rare.

It's not that anybody wants a broken pelvis, obviously, but if you are going to work on the tail end of the bell curve for a policy you are pushing then you don't get to sit in the fat part of the bell curve for the policy you don't like.
    The sex theme is about drawing Danke out and also painting a picture just about every body can understand. I bet quite a few people had visceral pain reaction reading the part about how they could become impotent from an impaired driver. That is exactly my aim.

Well I thought $10k fine was you pulling possible scenario from tail end of the the ID theft bell curve. Sorry for that, but also remember that brain damage is still the worst possible outcome next to fatality. Both located in the deeper end of the accident bell curevs. Someone hitting you at 50 m/hr and there is no telling what could happen to you.

Looking at the poll I made, the majority didn't seem to mind other people breaking their pelvic bone in a dozen different pieces. Just as long as they are safe, life is good. So we have that. Short of a miracle, all the possibilities in my accident bell curve look awful, if you don't break your pelvic bone, you could $#@! up your gut to the point where you have to sh*t into a plastic bag for the rest of your day. You don't want me to keep going.

Btw, couldn't you appeal the tax charge by proving to the state that your ID was stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do you know what work is?
    Yes?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fake social security numbers often belong to dead people.

Ron Paul on the issue: http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Immigration.htm

Even with a healthy economy and stricter border controls, the issue of what to do with twelve-million-plus illegals already here would persist. One side says use the U.S. Army, round them up, and ship them home. The other side says give them amnesty, make them full-fledged citizens, and reward the lawbreakers, thus insulting and unfairly penalizing those who have patiently waited and obeyed our immigration laws. The first choice--sending twelve to fifteen million illegals home--isn't going to happen and should not happen. Neither the determination or the ability to accomplish it exists. Besides, if each case is looked at separately, we would find ourselves splitting up families and deporting some who have lived here for decades, if not their entire life, and who never lived for any length of time in Mexico.
    Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.153 , Apr 19, 2011

https://www.wsj.com/articles/protest...ion-1486627906
    Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton condemned the deportation.

“Rather than tracking down violent criminals and drug dealers, ICE is spending its energy deporting a woman with two American children who has lived here for more than two decades and poses a threat to nobody,” he said in a statement, adding that the city wouldn’t cooperate with Mr. Trump’s “aim to advance his mass deportation plans.”

Mr. Stanton said Ms. Garcia de Rayos “has been peacefully living and working in the Valley for more than two decades, and by all accounts was building a life and contributing to our community. She has now been torn apart from her family.
    Here is why:

The deportation comes on the same day that the Trump administration’s new Department of Homeland Security Secretary Secretary, John Kelly, was visiting Nogales to meet with law enforcement, border officials and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-09-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    That may be good advice. But it doesn't change the fact that she shouldn't be deported.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    mrs ms mom etc. aside

My issue with this is that forging a work permit is a felony in the land of the free.
    I believe this has to do with identity theft (impersonation). WHICH is very common now in arizona. I know 2 people who have had their identities stolen .Thats just 2 people ive met this year alone.....its way more common now because illegal immigration,and a blackmarket business facilitating it.

That may be good advice. But it doesn't change the fact that she shouldn't be deported.
    if she is married to an american, she should receive naturalization immediately, BUT impersonation is still something major,and that should be punishable.

I am under the suspicion that my identity has been compromised within the last year, I need to get a thorough credit check, and see if someones messing with my identity. as ive said before this seems to be more common now than ever in arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    if she is married to an american, she should receive naturalization immediately, BUT impersonation is still something major,and that should be punishable.
    That depends on what the damages are. Is there even a victim here? If so, who?

And we have to consider the mitigating factor that it was unjust federal laws that put her in a position where she was unable to find employment legally, so that in order to have a job in the USA (which is an agreement between her and her employer that both of them have the right to make without the government interfering), she had to break the law one way or another.

I think the point is that you seem to be ok with laws that exist in order to prevent potential damage, except when you aren't ok with them.

Drunk drivers might hurt someone. Ban drunk drivers.

SSN Fraud might hurt someone. $#@! those people - they can deal with it later.

Yes she should. And jailed if she comes back again.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes she should. And jailed if she comes back again.
    For what?

What good does it do us to have to pay taxes to deport and jail people for victimless crimes?

I think the point is that you seem to be ok with laws that exist in order to prevent potential damage, except when you aren't ok with them.

Drunk drivers might hurt someone. Ban drunk drivers.

SSN Fraud might hurt someone. $#@! those people - they can deal with it later.
    Imminent danger, humans in general have the potential of hurting other people but do you ever see me saying ban people?. Imminent danger is the difference between an IMPAIRED driver and an illegal immigrant. Believe me, if someone in this country is about to hurt someone else, I am not going to be OK with it.

For what?

What good does it do us to have to pay taxes to deport and jail people for victimless crimes?
    It appears, from information in this thread, that there was in fact victims.

Real people who lost real money in her scams.

Crime happened. That's not even debateable.
    Yes it is debatable.

Violation of a make-believe law that politicians made up happened. But that's not necessarily a crime. An unjust law is no law at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I haven't carefully read every post. But I can't find any where that is documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Please link to it, I would like to read it myself.

Annnnnnd she's gone.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/09/us/ari...ayos-protests/
    Mother deported in Arizona immigration case that sparked protests

And now we will never get justice.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This seems to fly in the face of your approach to "drunk" drivers....
    Out of rep
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And now we will never get justice.
    We should get some money for her overstay from the amigos. Why don't they pay us?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast