Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 22 Year Non Citizen Resident, Mom of 2 Deported for "Felony" Fake SSN

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Originally Posted by Superfluous Man

...she shouldn't be deported.
    Yes she should. And jailed if she comes back again.
    Thread winner...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-10-2017 at 12:57 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Of course it's a just law. We've already determined it's a just law here, long ago.
    The US Constitution clearly says the federal government has the power to call forth the militia to repel invasions.
    Therefore they have the right to create federal departments to control people peaceably entering the US.
    lmfao

http://www.12news.com/news/politics/...tion/406613875

[...]Identity theft conviction

In December 2008, former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's workplace raids swept up Garcia and several other employees at the Golfland Sunsplash amusement parks.

The Arpaio raids hit businesses employing undocumented immigrants, under Arizona's employer sanctions law.

Investigators had received an emailed tip about forged identity documents used by employees. A former facilities manager told authorities the general manager said Golfland was going to ignore the law.

Court documents show Garcia used a social security number that didn't belong to her, though the complaint doesn't say whom it belonged to. Garcia's family members and her attorney say she made up the number.

Garcia also used an alien registration number -- identification for permanent legal residents -- that belonged to a 55-year-old man.

No evidence was presented that individuals were harmed by the use of the Social Security number or alien registration number.

Garcia avoided trial by pleading guilty to a felony charge of criminal impersonation. She was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered not to remain in the U.S. if she was voluntarily deported.

A year later, Golfland would become the first company punished under the employer sanctions law, but it was a slap on the wrist.[...]

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    [...]Identity theft conviction

In December 2008, former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's workplace raids swept up Garcia and several other employees at the Golfland Sunsplash amusement parks.

The Arpaio raids hit businesses employing undocumented immigrants, under Arizona's employer sanctions law.

Investigators had received an emailed tip about forged identity documents used by employees. A former facilities manager told authorities the general manager said Golfland was going to ignore the law.

Court documents show Garcia used a social security number that didn't belong to her, though the complaint doesn't say whom it belonged to. Garcia's family members and her attorney say she made up the number.

Garcia also used an alien registration number -- identification for permanent legal residents -- that belonged to a 55-year-old man.

No evidence was presented that individuals were harmed by the use of the Social Security number or alien registration number.

Garcia avoided trial by pleading guilty to a felony charge of criminal impersonation. She was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered not to remain in the U.S. if she was voluntarily deported.

A year later, Golfland would become the first company punished under the employer sanctions law, but it was a slap on the wrist.[...]

This is kinda odd, they had the SSN, alien identification number she used to commit her "crime" and yet were unable to present any evidence that the criminal harmed anyone. Does anyone else think they would have not presented the evidence if they had it?

Again, like I have been saying. If they have actual evidence of harm, even the emotional type, I would completely side with the Joe Arpios of this world. I am a very reasonable man but I still need evidence of damages cos I do not believe in victimless crimes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Out of rep
    If I got an automatic AK 47 and shot it in your direction but missed 100% of the time, will you do nothing about it? or wait until one of the bullets hit you before doing something? cos according to you guys behaviour with impaired drivers driving recklessly on the road, something is no damaged up until the point they are actually him by someone.

My approach to an impaired drivers driving dangerously on the road and an illegal immigrants stealing ID to work are different because the two in regards to their ability to harm me and my fellow citizens are completely different.

Isn't god emperor's work great? A good gauge is the number of tears it generates.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know you're trying to insult me, but I'm a numbers thinker while you're a words thinker. Philosophy is the stuff of smoke filled dorm rooms. Good luck to you and your feelz.
    I wasn't attempting to insult you angela, I was attempting to raise your level of discourse and conjecture to what should be in truth rather than what is in fact.

apologies if you took it that way

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If I got an automatic AK 47 and shot it in your direction but missed 100% of the time, will you do nothing about it? or wait until one of the bullets hit you before doing something? cos according to you guys behaviour with impaired drivers driving recklessly on the road, something is no damaged up until the point they are actually him by someone.

My approach to an impaired drivers driving dangerously on the road and an illegal immigrants stealing ID to work are different because the two in regards to their ability to harm me and my fellow citizens are completely different.
    You're jumping pretty hard from the last line of the previous posts don't you think?

I am a very reasonable man but I still need evidence of damages cos I do not believe in victimless crimes anymore.
    "The Patriarch"

Chris Wallace: You talk a lot about the Constitution. You say Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, are all unconstitutional.

Ron Paul: Technically they are.
    http://2012.republican-candidates.or...l-Security.php

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

What a histrionic analogy!

And I have treated "car wrecks".............4 Years ER duty.

Hip injuries such as you've been trumpeting are actually quite rare, ever rarer yet when associated with a "drunk driver"...

Buying into media hype is not a sign of intellect or tolerance.

But this thread is about some Messican who got the boot and not your position on drunk drivers, my apologies for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What a histrionic analogy!

And I have treated "car wrecks".............4 Years ER duty.

Hip injuries such as you've been trumpeting are actually quite rare, ever rarer yet when associated with a "drunk driver"...

Buying into media hype is not a sign of intellect or tolerance.

But this thread is about some Messican who got the boot and not your position on drunk drivers, my apologies for bringing it up.
    I work in a hospital floor that is not trauma and when the trauma floor was over capacity, we had two patients with that sort of injury come down to my floor. And yes, both injuries came about because of their impaired driving(driving without sleep) not alcoholism.

Well, this whole thought process contained in my poll came about because of the story about the Ron Paul supporting teacher who was outed cos someone got butt hurt that she reported a dangerous impaired driver to the police. I am not buying into any media hype. I agree with you about the hype about drunk driver but at the same time an impaired driver is like a tornado, they are rare, over hyped by the media and the chances of the average man getting hit by a tornado is very little. But once you sight a tornado, that probability shoots up the roof and you better get out of the way and warn people around you. I treat my impaired drivers like a tornado.

Apologies accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    what was the value of this identity "theft"
    Good question. When we think of identity theft we see images of fraudulent credit cards and spending sprees. In the most cases of illegal immigrants using a fraudulent SSN, they use it to get a job. They pay into SSN with no expectation of receiving SSN benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Good question. When we think of identity theft we see images of fraudulent credit cards and spending sprees. In the most cases of illegal immigrants using a fraudulent SSN, they use it to get a job. They pay into SSN with no expectation of receiving SSN benefits.
    You'll find that any "harm" that comes to someone because of SSN theft is manifested by unconstitutional state edicts and agents so enforcing not by any harm directly intended by or administered by the supposed "felon".

everyone shall be put to death for his own sin Deuteronomy 24:16

And, SS is also unconstitutional and was one of those things promised to NEVER used for ID.

RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT......
    There is no spoon.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And now we will never get justice.
    If she's like Elvira Arellano, we'll hear about her 24/7 until there's a Democrat majority in the house. Then she'll come back and get deported on a regular basis. Free airfare home, I guess.

She was tried and convicted of her crime in 2009. She was given a sentence and conditions to meet which she has been faithfully fulfilling. Now she is being re-sentenced (deported) for the same crime without any new hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    She was tried and convicted of her crime in 2009. She was given a sentence and conditions to meet which she has been faithfully fulfilling. Now she is being re-sentenced (deported) for the same crime without any new hearing.
    You are good with finding information, any news about the true victim of this horrific crime?

Her sentence included deportation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/arizo...n-trump-2017-2

A judge had ordered her deportation in 2013, but she was allowed to stay in the US because the Obama administration generally limited deportations of immigrants living in the country illegally to only those who were convicted of serious crimes or who had ties to criminal organizations, The Times' Fernanda Santos wrote.
    Last edited by angelatc; 02-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

crime implies a victim of harm; moreso

she was tried and convicted of her statutory violation

Her sentence included deportation.
    A judges Order of Removal (sentence of deportation) is not a finality; everyone has immediate option to reserve right to appeal under Due Process and then 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal thereafter.

This woman did appeal, and for 8 years was granted reprieve every 6 months while she enjoyed her Liberty in peace while working and raising a family as a documented non-citizen resident.

Failure of the court to consider her 8 years living in peace is simple grounds for Due Process violation.
    “Due process always requires, at a minimum, notice and an opportunity to respond.”

“Where an alien is given a full and fair opportunity to be represented by
    counsel, prepare an application for relief, and to present testimony and other

evidence in support of the application, he or she has been provided with due
    process.”

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...mig_west/E.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Failure of the court to consider her 8 years living in peace is simple grounds for Due Process violation.
    She's here illegally. Even without a felony conviction she should be deported, according to the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Do people here actually support the idea that people should be required to provide Social Security Numbers to get jobs in the first place?
    But it is a fact, even for people who are natural born citizens of natural born citizen parents. If she has been here for 22 years and has kids, then the taxpayers have forked over a grand sum for her kids to sail right through government schools already.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    But it is a fact, even for people who are natural born citizens of natural born citizen parents. If she has been here for 22 years and has kids, then the taxpayers have forked over a grand sum for her kids to sail right through government schools already.
    It would be so much easier debating these sort of issues if there was no govt benefit whatsoever to the defendant. It would be very straight forward. Show me the victim or there is no crime, but now people can bring up the fact that her children went to govt school and most likely were on welfare program etc etc.

But it is a fact, even for people who are natural born citizens of natural born citizen parents.
    It's an unjust law. And an unjust law is no law at all.

If she has been here for 22 years and has kids, then the taxpayers have forked over a grand sum for her kids to sail right through government schools already.
    What does that have to do with anything? Taxpayers pay for lots of kids to go through government schools, including mine. Is that a reason to deport me?

We should end public education. But that and immigration policy are two totally unrelated things.

ETA: I had a brain fart there, because this isn't even a case of educating noncitizens. This woman's children are citizens.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 02-10-2017 at 06:19 PM.

So we just all suck it up and take the injustice? The law is not going to go away soon. She goes away fairly easily.

Let me tell you something: If I underpaid my taxes by one nickel, the government would be all over me like ugly on a bulldog. Yet someone can walk in here and perpetuate fraud and only have to travel down to Mexico?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

So we just all suck it up and take the injustice?
    What injustice?

You mean the unjust law?

That law shouldn't be enforced. This woman shouldn't be deported. She should be allowed to work in the US.

Let me tell you something: If I underpaid my taxes by one nickel, the government would be all over me like ugly on a bulldog. Yet someone can walk in here and perpetuate fraud and only have to travel down to Mexico?
    No it wouldn't. Plus, this isn't a case of a woman underpaying, but overpaying, and not being eligible to get Social Security when she retires after decades of paying the payroll tax for it.

As for her fraud, who is the victim and what are the damages? If you can't answer those questions, then there's no crime.

First of all, I would like to talk to the person whose identity was stolen to determine if any crime actually happened. Cos when one thinks ID theft, what they have in mind is someone taking your SSN and other identifiers to open credit cards in order to rob you. Nobody think, someone taking my ID to work and contribute money into my SS account resulting in me having a bigger SS payment when I retire.

Now if the victim tells me that because of the theft, he/she could get a job, buy a house, other inconveniences etc etc then I would reconsider. Cos one could look at it like a trespasser coming to a part of your land that you are not currently using, planting soy beans in it, clearing and harvesting it every year up until you come to need it
    It's simpler than that. Did the "identity thief" have permission to use the SSN? Sorry but I don't buy the "Falsely acquiring my SSN is okay as long as you are productive with it" argument. Even a well meaning Identity thief might open get a credit card with the best intentions of paying it back and then fall on hard times. Of course the catch-22 is that the person who's SSN was acquired can't admit that he let someone else use it on purpose if that indeed happened because then the legit SSN owner could get in trouble.

So....here's a simpler solution. If you're undocumented, work in the underground economy. I don't just mean drugs or prostitution. Lots of people do day labor jobs for cash. Open a food truck. Put an ad on Craigslist for cleaning houses. Where there is a will there is a way. Dumb as hell for her and her lawyer to try to try Trump though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Okay. Do you seriously believe that all or even most of the immigrants who use fraudulent SSN numbers to get jobs never apply for a credit card or open a bank account, turn on utilities or do anything else like that? Because I don't. And even someone doing that with the best intentions runs the risk of ruining someone else's credit.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22562690/n.../#.WJ1odR9ic8o
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-10-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Does that mean you only don't care about ID Theft because you've personally never paid every dime of your income tax all year, only to end up owing another $10 grand because some other guy earned $25k with 8 exemptions on your SSN and kicked you into a higher tax bracket? You only care about those things which affect you, personally?
    This is the problem I have with this case. I don't know if it affected the gentleman who's number she used BUT if I ended up owing more taxes because someone stole my number, I'd hunt their ass down. Not only for costing me money but also for putting me on the IRS's radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

regardless of what you think the law is, this woman showed a willingness to violate someone else's natural rights. it happens that this particular individual she violated doesn't think he was violated. the problem is, the woman didn't care one way or the other if her violation of that individual's rights caused damage.

she will continue to violate other individual's natural rights as long as she is allowed and as long as no one tries to stop her from doing so.

what she did was wrong and it finally caught up to her. regardless of what you think the law is and regardless if the person she attacked was actually physically harmed.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast