Thread: Support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222

Support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222

Support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222
    By Adam Brandon

On behalf of FreedomWorks’ activist community, I urge you to contact your senators and ask them to support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222, introduced by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). FreedomWorks is supporting this bill because it promotes key aspects of what the health insurance market should look like after ObamaCare is fully repealed.

With the unique moment that Members of Congress have before them, it’s important that they not only repeal of ObamaCare but also move the American health care system in a more free market, patient-centered direction. While we are aware of congressional efforts to repeal and replace ObamaCare, the time is now to make it clear what the best path forward looks like.

As currently written, the ObamaCare Replacement Act repeals ObamaCare and its costly regulations and offers reforms that will will reduce excess taxation, wasteful spending, return health insurance regulation to the states, and provide more choices for Americans.

It’s time we let the doctors take the reins on health care, and lower the cost by expanding the options for patients and providers.

The expansion of health savings accounts (HSAs) is a strong aspect of the bill that would incentive people to save tax-free and help make health care more affordable for the average middle-class American. Under this bill, HSAs would be able to roll over to other beneficiaries including, children, spouses or parents. The HSA could be used to purchase individual health insurance as well, which federal law currently prohibits. HSAs will reform the structure of the failing health care system by allowing Americans to invest in their health and manage it on an individual basis.

The market for which the accounts can be spent would be expanded to include nutritional, dietary supplements, and physical fitness programs to qualify as medical care. Allowing people to use their HSA to pay for preventive care promotes individual liberty and is purely good policy.

Leveling the playing field for tax treatment of health insurance will allow people to have options resulting in lower-priced health care that is better suited for individual needs. This bill would allow Americans to purchase insurance plans independent of their employer, yet this bill does not interfere with employer-provided coverage for Americans that prefer those plans.

The ObamaCare Replacement Act will lessen regulations the Department of Labor has put on group health insurance plans to allow small business to opt into association health plans (AHPs) together. Also, reforming Independent health pools would allow groups of people purchasing power regarding insurance.

This bill will amend the Public Health Service Act to allow groups of people to pool together and purchase insurance. Organizations including churches, alumni associations, and trade associations will have the opportunity to purchase group insurance and negotiate plans.

The AHP aspect of Sen. Paul’s bill will also continue to act as a safeguard for those with pre-existing conditions by allowing them to get coverage as a group compared to individuals struggling to get coverage on their own. This bill will restore the HIPAA law in place prior to Obamacare, which protected patients with pre-existing conditions by guaranteeing them coverage. It will also give a two-year window through which patients with pre-existing conditions can sign up for coverage. The goal is to get people affordable health insurance so they can continually maintain coverage and will be covered before they get sick.

The ObamaCare Replacement Act comprises the aspects of reform that are necessary to make health care more accessible and affordable by allowing individuals to make choices regarding their health care and encouraging a more competitive marketplace. Giving people the option of a tax-free savings plan and associating with groups to negotiate prices, gives the power back to the people where it has always belonged.

It’s time to put down a marker of what real free-market, patient-centered health insurance reform looks like and begin to repeal ObamaCare with a sense of urgency. For these reasons, I urge you to contact your senators and ask them to support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222.

Sincerely,

Adam Brandon, President and CEO, FreedomWorks
    http://www.freedomworks.org/content/...ment-act-s-222
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/828792979783565313
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/828625073267433473

Nice. Does FreedomWorks still have a large following? It's been a while since I paid attention to them.

This is what we should be talking about. Bravo to real men trying to really make a difference.

ok.. I read it and I'm waxing nostalgic on one of Ron's debate statements..
    something like
    If you have cancer.. you replace it with nothing

When did Rand decide that government needs to be involved in health care at all?
    smh
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    ok.. I read it and I'm waxing nostalgic on one of Ron's debate statements..
    something like
    If you have cancer.. you replace it with nothing

When did Rand decide that government needs to be involved in health care at all?
    smh
    Exactly which part of his plan do you have a problem with? Last I read it, it does nothing to further restrict freedoms. Every single piece of it expands your freedoms.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They'll see all the lost money and vigorously enforce it. Won't take long either.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Exactly which part of his plan do you have a problem with? Last I read it, it does nothing to further restrict freedoms. Every single piece of it expands your freedoms.
    Yes, this.

Randal has the chance to hit a home run here.

yes so lay some pressure on your Senators and Reps to support this bill and H.R.1072 it's house companion

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It's the whole thing.. keeping government meddling in healthcare rather than removing Washington DC from the health equation. It does not abolish the nightmare of Obamacare - It only repeals SOME provisions of the $#@! show. There are parts of Obamacare that have nothing to do with health.. like the 3.5% federal tax on all real estate transactions.. nobody else remembers that? As I recall.. that was around page 820.. hidden but passed because nobody had time to read the bill. *eyeroll*
    Why not just toss it and let the market do it's thing, without the political machine dictating terms?

Portions insinuate that federal taxation is good as long as you can keep claiming deductions - expanding the tax code further.

Portions make more government requirements/mandates of private companies - anyone here want uncle Sam telling them what they can and cannot do?

And this plan expands HSA's - which if private are not a bad thing but get the government involved and poof.. disaster.

Who's going to make and oversee the new rules?

Who's going to pay for those overloads?

Who's going to approve the alternative, nutritional and physical fitness programs allowed in the plan?

You know if they are trying to allow something there's going to be an approval "process" - and my guess, the FDA will be expanded and involved in that process.

If by every single piece of it expanding my freedoms, you mean adhering to more regulations and learning more tax codes so that I may do as I please.. sure.. it does that
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

It could get messy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    It could get messy.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yes , I am still torn .Deep down inside I may wish for poor americans to have to pay the fine for not being able to afford expensive health plans . This may keep them from voting for the future LBJ's , Clintons and Obamas .
    Do something Danke

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/americasliberty/...95951219978240

I still don't understand why Rand thinks we need to replace it with a different mountain of government bureaucracy.

Why not instead remove the barriers to competition and let the market take care of itself?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I still don't understand why Rand thinks we need to replace it with a different mountain of government bureaucracy.

Why not instead remove the barriers to competition and let the market take care of itself?

Thats what hat he is trying to do, it's called politics, they won't even repeal now.