Thread: Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Gains Traction With House Conservatives

Rand Paul’s Obamacare Replacement Gains Traction With House Conservatives

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/01/ex...conservatives/

GOP Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s proposal to repeal and replace Obamacare appears to be gaining traction with House conservatives.

Paul met with members of the House Freedom Caucus Wednesday to discuss the details of his health care blueprint, which was largely met with praise from the powerful conservative group.

“You know I think that we had a great meeting — I don’t want to characterize the Freedom Caucus — but I do think that there is a lot of consensus among conservatives that we need a replacement bill, and it needs to be a market oriented replacement bill, not another big government federal plan,” Paul told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

HFC Chairman Mark Meadows told TheDCNF there were elements of the plan he found encouraging, adding he believes Congress needs to move quickly on health-care reform.

North Carolina Rep. Mark Sanford said he’s considering introducing a companion bill in the House, noting he still needs to have discussions with HFC members about co-sponsoring the legislation.

“I think he has a great bill, I think it’s important to lay out conservative principles early on in the health-care debate, and the debate about what follows repeal,” he told TheDCNF. “I think it’s important to do as he has suggested in as much as possible coupling the repeal with replace — if you think about something as important as people’s health care, they don’t want to have a void, they don’t want to be uncertain about what comes next.”

Sanford said it will take time for insurance companies in the commercial marketplace to create products that fit with the replacement plan, suggesting that Paul’s legislation eliminates the potential for a large gap during the transition.

Paul, who spoke with the White House about his plan in January, has been adamant that repeal and replacement should occur simultaneously. With President Donald Trump stressing the urgency of health care reform, Paul said it’s likely lawmakers will act on a plan in coming weeks.

“We want more people to be able to afford insurance, Obamacare made the prices higher, we want to free up the ability to sell more insurance plans that are less expensive and I think that’s what this conservative replacement plan will do,” he said. “I think the next few weeks it could be three weeks, it could be six weeks, but I think you’ll see something in the next two months that will be a repeal and replacement.”

Virginia Rep. Dave Brat said that Sen. Paul’s blueprint is the most conservative of the plans that have been laid out, addinghe believes it’s critical they assure the plan is right since it could have a strong impact on solvency of a number of entitlement programs.

“All the elements of Rand’s plan are moving us in the right direction toward patient-centered health-care, lower costs, bigger pools to insure everyone and cover preexisting conditions and I think that many members will look favorably on it,” Brat told TheDCNF. “From what I’ve seen so far this is the most free-market approach to health care that will truly bend down the cost curve.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    come on, HHS Secretary Price - get behind this and get vocal, now!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Not surprising the house freedom caucus would be impressed but very happy to see this is going in the right direction. House GOP knows how much leverage the House Freedom Caucus has, this could mean great things.

Great news Mark Sanford is going to act on this asap.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

http://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/830154471137280001
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

ok ok brian I will rep ya
    and I never rep
    nm apparently I gave you rep sometime among the last I gave

Rep. Mark Sanford on crafting a replacement for ObamaCare

Rep. Mark Sanford on crafting a replacement for ObamaCare

Rep. Mark Sanford is introducing the House companion plan to Rand Paul's plan:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Similar to FreedomWorks' support for Rand Paul's S. 222, Adam Brandon writes again in support for the companion bill Rep. Mark Sanford's H.R. 1072.

Support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, H.R. 1072
    By Adam Brandon

On behalf of our activists and the millions of Americans who have been negatively affected as a result of ObamaCare, I urge you to contact your representative and ask him or her to support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, H.R. 1072, introduced by Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.). Last week, FreedomWorks released a letter of support for the Senate version of the ObamaCare Replacement Act, S. 222, introduced by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), because the bill promotes key aspects of what the health insurance market should look like after ObamaCare is fully repealed.

The ObamaCare Replacement Act gives power back to patients and doctors by immediately eliminating mandates and regulations put in place by ObamaCare. By legalizing affordable health insurance plans, the bill would enable Americans to make decisions regarding their own healthcare.

ObamaCare not only forces Americans to purchase expensive health insurance, but often health insurance that doesn’t fit their individual needs. By applying free market principles to the health insurance industry and eliminating the mandates and regulations that have caused premiums to skyrocket, Americans will again have the ability to purchase affordable health insurance coverage.

It is important to note that this bill would also allow American families to pay for health insurance with their health savings accounts (HSAs). This bill would undo the restrictions put in place by ObamaCare which created a financial hardship for Americans only trying to afford coverage.

By putting the patient's best interest first this bill would allow Americans to save and use their HSAs for comprehensive healthcare services including over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, and nutrition and exercise programs. Unlike ObamaCare, which ravaged HSAs, this bill incentivizes savings with a $5,000 per taxpayer credit and allows infinite annual contributions.

Allowing individuals who do not purchase health insurance through an employer to deduct the taxes from their income will create an equal playing field and provide more options for Americans seeking affordable insurance. Along with equalizing the playing field this bill will allow Association Health Plans to negotiate lower prices. This aspect of the bill will positively impact small business, organizations, and people with pre-existing conditions. Americans reserve the right to stand together nationwide to demand lower prices.

The success of healthcare reform depends on the market, which the American people should influence rather than the government. Furthermore, purchasing power belongs in the hands of the American people, not in the hands of bureaucrats.

It’s time for Congress to get serious about repealing ObamaCare – every word of it – and replacing it with patient-centered, free market solutions. For these reasons, I urge you to contact your representative and ask him or her to support the ObamaCare Replacement Act, H.R. 1072.

Sincerely,

Adam Brandon, President and CEO, FreedomWorks
    http://www.freedomworks.org/content/...nt-act-hr-1072

Bump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.