Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Iran starts process to formally drop dollar, citing Trump's immigration ban

  1. #1

    Iran starts process to formally drop dollar, citing Trump's immigration ban

    As if ditching the FRN dollar standard hasn't been in the works for many years. Trump sure is good at playing the bad guy, isn't he? Can blame everything on him and the sheep will believe it.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicd.../#604d4d99676d

    The Iranian government is to stop using the US dollar in its official statements, according to a report in the local English-language daily the Financial Tribune.

    The decision was announced by Central Bank of Iran governor Valiollah Seif during a television interview on the evening of January 29 and, according to the paper, is due to take effect from the start of the new fiscal year on 21 March. It will affect all official financial and foreign exchange reports.

    more at link
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    As if ditching the FRN dollar standard hasn't been in the works for many years. Trump sure is good at playing the bad guy, isn't he? Can blame everything on him and the sheep will believe it.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dominicd.../#604d4d99676d
    Yes this has been in the works years. Iran, as far back as 2009, was talking about dropping the dollar for euros. When Saddam did this, America invaded Iraq. Trump isn't the bad guy, they make him out to be, so this give them the excuse to push forward with this plan.

    I hope this pushes Trump to get the US independence from foreign oil.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  4. #3
    Basically saying they won't "convert" figures into dollars in financial statements. Other than that, no real change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  5. #4

  6. #5
    In other news: Child refuses to eat broccoli - blames trump



    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  7. #6
    omg!

    Iran to accept bitcoin in exchange for oil transactions to Sri Lanka?

    crypto is moon!

    'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

    Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

    'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

    ...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...


  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes this has been in the works years. Iran, as far back as 2009, was talking about dropping the dollar for euros. When Saddam did this, America invaded Iraq. Trump isn't the bad guy, they make him out to be, so this give them the excuse to push forward with this plan.

    I hope this pushes Trump to get the US independence from foreign oil.
    Isn't Trump the guy that's been saying the Iran deal was horrible and he was going to rescind it?
    There is no spoon.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Isn't Trump the guy that's been saying the Iran deal was horrible and he was going to rescind it?
    I believe the US should back out of the deal Obama made with Iran.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    In other news: Child refuses to eat broccoli - blames trump


    Bush's fault.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I believe the US should back out of the deal Obama made with Iran.
    WHY?

    IRAN SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN UNDER SANCTIONS OR BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE WEST.
    There is no spoon.

  13. #11
    The dollar will crash someday. When? I don't know, but If I had a dollar for every news report that claimed the final Jenga block was about to be removed, I could afford an under ground doomsday shelter fit for a king.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Isn't Trump the guy that's been saying the Iran deal was horrible and he was going to rescind it?
    No.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Basically saying they won't "convert" figures into dollars in financial statements. Other than that, no real change.
    What then is the dollar, if not a unit of measure, against other convertible currencies? Can you define a dollar to us Zip?

    How does a unit of measure compare to physical metals?
    Last edited by devil21; 02-02-2017 at 02:12 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    The dollar will crash someday. When? I don't know, but If I had a dollar for every news report that claimed the final Jenga block was about to be removed, I could afford an under ground doomsday shelter fit for a king.
    I am afraid it is time. Your shelter would come handy.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    WHY?

    IRAN SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN UNDER SANCTIONS OR BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE WEST.
    Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

    Iran was on its last legs and ready to collapse until the U.S. came along and gave it a life-line in the form of the Iran Deal: $150 billion
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What then is the dollar, if not a unit of measure, against other convertible currencies? Can you define a dollar to us Zip?

    How does a unit of measure compare to physical metals?
    Iran conducts business in rials. When the government published financial reports, they included figures in terms of rials and also in terms of dollars. They are going to stop including the dollar figure in reports. That is the announced change. They haven't been doing business in dollars so aren't dropping using dollars for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Iran was taken over by a US/Brit coup in 1953; they dared to take their country back in 1979 and were then labeled "terrorists". They have been under sanctions since then.

    The $150 billion is money WE owe them. We grabbed all their bank accounts that were held in foreign banks and kept the money.
    There is no spoon.

  21. #18

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Iran was taken over by a US/Brit coup in 1953; they dared to take their country back in 1979 and were then labeled "terrorists". They have been under sanctions since then.

    The $150 billion is money WE owe them. We grabbed all their bank accounts that were held in foreign banks and kept the money.
    You won't get an argument from me, I know all about the Mossadegh situation. I think we shouldn't have interfered in the first place but that's not Trump's fault. Again Trump is concerned about the $150 billion Obama gave Iran just recently.

    So if Ron Paul were president would you demand that the US pay $150 billion to Iran for something that happened in 1953?
    Last edited by donnay; 02-02-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You won't get an argument from me, I know all about the Mossadegh situation. I think we shouldn't have interfered in the first place but that's not Trump's fault. Again Trump is concerned about the $150 billion Obama gave Iran just recently.

    So if Ron Paul were president would you demand that the US pay $150 billion to Iran for something that happened in 1953?
    The $150 billion wasn't because of 1953. The money was seized by the US government in 1979 during the Iranian hostage crisis. It had been frozen in US bank accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The $150 billion wasn't because of 1953. The money was seized by the US government in 1979 during the Iranian hostage crisis. It had been frozen in US bank accounts.
    Fact-Check: Yes, the Nuclear Deal Hands ‘$150 Billion’ Over to Iran
    http://www.breitbart.com/live/second...-billion-iran/
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  25. #22
    Yes, we gave Iran the money. But it was already Iran's money- seized in 1979- as Breitbart notes:


    that would result in $150 billion returning to the coffers of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
    “When I look at the Iran deal and how bad a deal it is for us, it’s a one-sided transaction where we’re giving back $150 billion to a terrorist state – really, the number one terrorist state,” Trump told the audience, responding to a question from the audience. “We’ve made them a strong country from, really, a very weak country just three years ago.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-02-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Yes, it gave Iran the money. But it was already Iran's money- seized in 1979- as Breitbart notes:
    Zip is right on this @donnay.

    The money belongs to Iran.
    There is no spoon.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What then is the dollar, if not a unit of measure, against other convertible currencies? Can you define a dollar to us Zip?

    How does a unit of measure compare to physical metals?
    A dollar is a tool, just like gold, just like British Pound. It is those in power of a society whom decide what tool is most valuable, by law and by force. All the gold and diamonds did not help those fleeing Nazi Germany. Power is the ultimate currency.

    Opium trade us a good read about this concept.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 06:58 PM
  2. Trump Boycotts Fox News Citing Unfair Treatment
    By kahless in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM
  5. Iran to completely drop dollar from foreign exchange ~ PressTV
    By nbruno322 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •