Thread: BOOM: GOP Looks to Shut Down Michelle O’s School Lunches

BOOM: GOP Looks to Shut Down Michelle O’s School Lunches

http://conservativetribune.com/miche...astating-news/

1/26/2017

Donald Trump and the Republicans aren’t just making America great again. They’re making Taco Tuesday great again, too.

According to Fox News, Republicans in Congress are looking into legislation that would roll back portions of former first lady Michelle Obama’s controversial school lunch program, likely meaning the end of the inedible stuff.

A document posted on the website of Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., called for rolling back parts of the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 in Trump’s first 100 days. The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, for those of you unaware, is the rather Orwellian name for the act that established the new school lunch guidelines.

“The regulations have proven to be burdensome and unworkable for schools to implement,” a report from the House Freedom Caucus read. “Schools are throwing food away that students are not eating.”

Perhaps the biggest waste in the school lunch program is a 2012 addendum from the U.S. Department of Agriculture that required schools to include a fruit or a vegetable in each student’s lunch.

A 2015 report, quoted by Fox News, showed that “children consumed fewer (fruits and vegetables) and wasted more during the school year immediately following implementation of the USDA rule.”

Oh yeah, and then there were meals that looked like this:

Not exactly Anthony Bourdain we’re talking here. Little wonder, then, that even Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s prisoners ate better than some of our nation’s schoolchildren.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone posta be worry bout they own weight...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Good riddance of bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Someone posta be worry bout they own weight...

It is very hypocritical for someone with poor skills to force millions of other people to follow a plan that is a complete failure for the person in charge.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Anyone else remember soup, sandwich, salad and either milk or juice as the school lunch?
    the salad was lame.. iceberg, one baby tomato and slop dressing
    My school made some kick ass soups
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Nobody elected her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    It is very hypocritical for someone with poor skills to force millions of other people to follow a plan that is a complete failure for the person in charge.
    She has an enlarged thighroid, you insensitive $#@!!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sorta looks like everything else is enlarged too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please notice that Melania Trump has expressed no wish to have any role in government at all.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

hey.. me too but I'm not telling the nation's schools what to feed kids

also.. thyroid
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post

also.. thyroid
    Swwoosh!

M Obama the food terrorist .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post

also.. thyroid
    I think Phill spelled it as he intended...

thighroid

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I think Phill spelled it as he intended...
    must be low on coffee.. didn't even see thigh.. just letters that didn't look like they went there

Is that like roid rage but when you eat too much fat?

I'm also not the best at the most basic things like occasional exercise and not eating way too much food for no reason. However, I'm not trying to force millions of people to do exactly what I say, when I know it is actually bad for them.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-31-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Now if we can just get the to eliminate the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Education too.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Now if we can just get the to eliminate the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Education too.

XNN
    and HUD
    and Health and human services