Thread: Do Agnostic prayers influence God?

Do Agnostic prayers influence God?

I had a thread that specifically asked for prayer, and for others, freely gave on any number of threads.

To some I understand that I am not of the same religion. Even so.....are my prayers for not?

Could my prayers actually be an affront to your chosen religion?

As an agnostic I've had to do a lot of praying lately, though, thankfully, not in any particular God's "house."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Naught*
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Influence?

hard to say,, but I am sure it is still heard,, and considered.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I had a thread that specifically asked for prayer, and for others, freely gave on any number of threads.

To some I understand that I am not of the same religion. Even so.....are my prayers for not?
    IMO, prayer is always good.

Could my prayers actually be an affront to your chosen religion?
    In the abstract, no. I wouldn't want non-Orthodox prayers brought into an Orthodox liturgy or occasion, though. In fact, I appreciate all RPFers who pray for me. ~hugs~

As an agnostic I've had to do a lot of praying lately, though, thankfully, not in any particular God's "house."
    Good on you, bro. Regardless of your religion or lack thereof, cognitive science and psychology nowadays agree that prayer is good for you in a lot of ways. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

when a butterfly flaps its wings does it change the wind?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Many Christians began their walk with Christ by praying as an Agnostic. Its kind of hard to remain Agnostic once he answers you directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

No prayers change God, no matter who utters them. God is immutable.

But prayers change us.

And yes, that includes agnostics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    No prayers change God, no matter who utters them. God is immutable.

But prayers change us.

And yes, that includes agnostics.
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.