Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump to restrict migrants from 7 countries w/EO

Trump to restrict migrants from 7 countries w/EO

Trump restricting migrants from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Trump To Sign Executive Order Restricting Immigration From Seven Countries
    by Tyler Durden
    Jan 24, 2017 6:34 PM

Having taken on the Keystone pipeline and America's struggling manufacturing sector in a flurry of executive actions on Tuesday, moments ago Reuters reported, citing several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter, that on Wednesday Donald Trump will sign several executive orders restricting immigration. The president is expected to sign the orders at the Washington headquarters of the Department of Homeland Security, whose responsibilities include immigration and border security.

Trump's orders are said to involve restricting access to the United States for refugees and some visa holders from seven mostly Muslim nations including Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Additionally, Trump's restrictions on refugees are likely to include a multi-month ban on admissions from all countries until the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security can increase the intensity of the vetting process. According to AP, citing two admin officials, among the executive orders will be plans for building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border and other enforcement measures.

...Trump is likely to instruct the U.S. State Department to stop issuing visas to people from those nations, according to sources familiar with the visa process. He could also instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to stop any current visa holders from those countries from entering the United States…

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-seven-nations
    Trump expected to order temporary ban on refugees
    Julia Edwards Ainsley

Stephen Legomsky, who was chief counsel at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Obama administration, said the president had the authority to limit refugee admissions and the issuance of visas to specific countries if the administration determined it was in the public’s interest.

“From a legal standpoint, it would be exactly within his legal rights,” said Legomsky, a professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. “But from a policy standpoint, it would be terrible idea because there is such an urgent humanitarian need right now for refugees.”

...Detractors could launch legal challenges to the moves if all the countries subject to the ban are Muslim-majority nations, said immigration expert Hiroshi Motomura at UCLA School of Law. Legal arguments could claim the executive orders discriminate against a particular religion, which would be unconstitutional, he said…

...Other measures may include directing all agencies to finish work on a biometric identification system for non-citizens entering and exiting the United States and a crackdown on immigrants fraudulently receiving government benefits, according to the congressional aides and immigration experts…

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN1582XQ?il=0
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-24-2017 at 09:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This guy is a wrecking ball.

All those terrorist coming from Iran.....
    There is no spoon.

Was Mexico on that list?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Was Mexico on that list?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Nope.
    Liberty Eagle will be disappointed.

We keep a list around here too , Sacramento , Chicago , LA , San Francisco , Somalia etc
    Do something Danke

Nah. That's what the wall is for.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Nah. That's what the wall is for.
    Really? That's all you got?

Really? That's all you got?
    Is this all you've got?

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

So will people from all those countries, go to Canada and then just walk south across the border?

Maybe we need a wall on that border too?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Is this all you've got?
    So is you is, or is you ain't, disappointed that Trump did not include Mexicans in this restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So will people from all those countries, go to Canada and then just walk south across the border?

As I recall there already is a "wall"

As I recall there already is a "wall"
    Yeah, and I live inside of it.

This guy is a wrecking ball.
    Why is he a wrecking ball?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Why is he a wrecking ball?
    He's all over the boards.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's all over the boards.
    Well his doing more in office in his first week then Obama or Justin Trudeau had ever done.

Well his doing more in office in his first week then Obama or Justin Trudeau had ever done.
    K. I guess, Eduardo.

Ron Paul always said that he would not do much as a president- that most would be disappointed in him because he didn't believe that the presidency was a law unto itself.
    There is no spoon.

I don't know the language. But, from the article it was mentioned "restricted" access. That means "vetted." Trump seems to have fulfilled a campaighn promise with this move.

Did y'all notice this part?

If they follow through on this part, there's less reason to be concerned about people from countries that are not on the list:
    a crackdown on immigrants fraudulently receiving government benefits
    I would, however, like some assurance that the biometric identification system is something that will only be applied to people who come from other countries - not our own citizens.
    ...finish work on a biometric identification system for non-citizens entering and exiting the United States...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN1582XQ?il=0
    Of course, each entrant still needs to undergo some kind of vetting, - and - yes, plenty will be trying to enter from countries they are not truly from. Meanwhile, there is a temporay ("multi-month") ban on refugees from any country.
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-25-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Too cold.

Surprised he didn't include Saudi Arabia and Qatar on that list.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is fulfilling campaign promises. If he is serious about stopping radical Salafi terrorists from coming to the US, he made a couple of mistakes though, as already pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    All those terrorist coming from Iran.....
    Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Surprised he didn't include Saudi Arabia and Qatar on that list.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I would, however, like some assurance that the biometric identification system is something that will only be applied to people who come from other countries - not our own citizens.
    Sadly, I can only offer you assurance that it already is being applied to our own citizens:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-REAL-ID-quot

And it's still being fought over in the State Legislature where I live. Last year, an exemption to the biometrics failed by one vote. Hopefully it'll go through this year, talking to some of the newly elected State Senators has revealed that they're good on the issue. Sure would be nice to have a driver's license again, I've been living without one for the last 5 years because of this crap!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

in b4 extreme vetting
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He ought to put George Soros on that list
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I'm not necessarily against this as long as it's temporary. It's probably prudent considering the state of the world today.

But can he do this? I would think the ACLU etc are going to be all over this.

I believe there is an exemption for those fleeing religious persecution. Could that be a very large loophole?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast