Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priebus hints Trump has no immediate plan to end Obama's DACA for young illegals

Priebus hints Trump has no immediate plan to end Obama's DACA for young illegals

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-term-fix.html

Going to focus instead on "criminals".

President Trump has no immediate plans to use his executive powers to undo the Obama administration’s order that protects some young illegal immigrants known as “dreamers,” White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus made clear Sunday, in previewing the new administration’s first full week.

“I think we’re going to work with the House and Senate leadership, as well as to get a long-term solution on that issue,” Priebus told “Fox News Sunday.” “I'm not going to make any commitments to you, but … I'm obviously foreshadowed there a little bit.”

Immigration advocates had warned since essentially the start of the 2016 presidential race that Trump, if elected, would crack down on illegal immigration.

To be sure, Trump won the race on a platform that included vows to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to keep out illegal immigrants.

But many already in the country and others have expressed greater concerns about Trump undoing President Obama's 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals executive action that defers deportation for an estimated 700,000 illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents -- and known as "dreamers."
    During the campaign, Trump said illegal immigrants would be deported starting the first hour he was in office.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    During the campaign, Trump said illegal immigrants would be deported starting the first hour he was in office.
    Citation needed.

http://time.com/4643995/donald-trump...riminals-daca/

White House Says Criminals Will Be Trump's Priority on Immigration

President Trump may not immediately reverse the Obama Administration policy that protected young immigrants from being deported, his White House signaled on Monday.

"The focus is going to be on people who have done harm to our country," White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday.

During the first press briefing of the Trump Administration, Spicer said on the issue of immigration, the president would prioritize security and criminals in the country illegally when he was asked about the future of the recipients of President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.

Over 700,000 young immigrants have benefited from the policy. DACA recipients, also known as Dreamers, had been worried in the lead up to Trump's inauguration given his election promise to rescind all of President Obama's executive actions. On Monday, a group of immigration advocates and Democratic Senators called for protections for immigrants from Trump and Congress during an event on Capitol Hill.

Under the Obama administration, criminals and those who threatened national security, border security, and public safety were the top priorities for immigration enforcement following a 2014 memorandum from then-DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson.According to Johnson's Department of Homeland Security exit memo, in fiscal year 2016 98% of enforcement actions and 99% of removals aligned with the Obama administration enforcement priorities and some 90% of people who were deported from the interior of the U.S. had been convicted of serious crimes. President Obama's administration also deported more people than his predecessor President George W. Bush.
    So at least for the near future, Trump will continue Obama policies on immigration.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-24-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Citation needed.
    Easy to find. You could have found it yourself. "Day one. My first hour in office. Those people are gone!" Thank you for playing.

Easy to find. You could have found it yourself. "Day one. My first hour in office. Those people are gone!" Thank you for playing.
    What people? He was not talking about "dreamers".

He was talking about all illegal immigrants. Not just dreamers.

I'm pretty sure he has always had that list prioritized starting with the illegals with criminal records, "bad hombres" and whatnot, finally working his way down to "dreamers". It certainly hasn't been a secret, his press secretary restated exactly that just yesterday.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neg rep. ZippyJuan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Neg rep. ZippyJuan.
    I agree. I'm going to neg rep him from now on for his paid propaganda.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

He was talking about all illegal immigrants. Not just dreamers.
    Do you have a hearing problem?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm pretty sure he has always had that list prioritized starting with the illegals with criminal records, "bad hombres" and whatnot, finally working his way down to "dreamers". It certainly hasn't been a secret, his press secretary restated exactly that just yesterday.
    I'd certainly hope that he'd get rid of the bad hombres first. The dreamers are already on file and won't be hard to find should he go that route. Personally, I'd just cut off any public benefits for current illegals and let them either stay and work or self deport. Also, tighten up the voting rolls so non-citizens truly can't vote nor can democrats plot their dirty deeds around current voting laws.

Zippy "The Wet Pants" Juan.

Personally, I don't mind if the dreamers already here stay as long as new laws stop the influx of illegal immigration and the government acts to enforce these laws, and as if the criminal illegals are deported.

Like FSP-Rebel said above, get rid of the bad element first. As for the dreamers, if they eventually pay their fair share and become productive, law-abiding citizens, then I see no problem with it, IMO.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I'd certainly hope that he'd get rid of the bad hombres first. The dreamers are already on file and won't be hard to find should he go that route. Personally, I'd just cut off any public benefits for current illegals and let them either stay and work or self deport. Also, tighten up the voting rolls so non-citizens truly can't vote nor can democrats plot their dirty deeds around current voting laws.
    Illegal immigrants are not eligible for any Federal Government benefits. And they can't vote.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for any Federal Government benefits. And they can't vote.
    Zippy, you were nabbed lying again and now doing this? Do you think it is cool?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hahahahahaha!!

Except they get many government benefits and they most certainly do vote.
    +

You must spread some Reputation around before giving negative reputation to Zippyjuan again.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Hahahahahaha!!

It is not them exactly. It is their cousin who lives in Mexico and gets a cut for using his ID in US. Talk about social mobility.
    Last edited by timosman; 01-24-2017 at 12:52 PM.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving negative reputation to Zippyjuan again.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Hahahahahaha!!

Links?

Links?
    Why don't you take some time out and think about what you are doing? We all will be here.

Links?
    Nah, too cold for golf.

Plus, I have meetings to go to today. Some of us get paid for real work instead of for spreading lies and propaganda.
    +

https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic...igfedprograms/

Since their inception, programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as the Food Stamp Program), nonemergency Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and its precursor, Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), have been inaccessible to undocumented immigrants and people in the United States on temporary visas.

However, the 1996 federal welfare and immigration laws introduced an unprecedented new era of restrictionism. Prior to these laws’ enactment, lawful permanent residents of the U.S. generally were eligible for assistance in a manner similar to U.S. citizens. After these laws’ enactment, most lawfully residing immigrants were barred from receiving assistance under the major federal benefits programs for five years or longer.
    Legal immigrants are not eligible until they have been legally in the country for five years.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic...igfedprograms/

Legal immigrants are not eligible until they have been legally in the country for five years.
    How about when they visit the Emergency Room? Do they have to wait five years to get assistance?
    +

That is not a federal benefit. Emergency rooms are required to treat anybody regardless of insurance or immigration status.

That is not a federal benefit.
    Oh, it is not the tax payers who pay for it?
    +

That is not a federal benefit. Emergency rooms are required to treat anybody regardless of insurance or immigration status.
    Hospital and state programs that run emergency room assistance programs receive no federal funding?

Zippy has to go check the manual now on how to respond. Let's give him a minute.
    +

And they can't vote.
    Trump Is Right — Millions Of Illegals Probably Did Vote In 2016

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-vote-in-2016/

But there is evidence to back Trump's claims. A 2014 study in the online Electoral Studies Journal shows that in the 2008 and 2010 elections, illegal immigrant votes were in fact quite high.

"We find that some noncitizens participate in U.S. elections, and that this participation has been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes, and congressional elections," wrote Jesse T. Richman, Gulshan A. Chattha, both of Old Dominion University, and David C. Earnest of George Mason University.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast