Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump repeats debunked voter fraud claim at meeting with Hill leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    "When you vote, you are a citizen."

lol

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Best estimates say between 6-8 million illegal votes.
    Right, that's actually more realistic, the 3-4 million figure is a very conservative estimate.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump Won’t Back Down From His Voting Fraud Lie. Here Are the Facts.

WASHINGTON — During a private meeting with congressional leaders on Monday, President Trump asserted that between three million and five million unauthorized immigrants had voted for his Democratic opponent and robbed him of a victory in the national popular vote.

There is no evidence to support the claim, which has been discredited repeatedly by numerous fact-checkers.

That did not stop Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, from standing by the president’s words on Tuesday during a briefing with reporters at the White House. “As I said, I think the president has believed that for a while based on studies and information he has,” Mr. Spicer said.

That much appears to be true. Mr. Trump repeatedly raised doubts about the integrity of the American voting system in the period before the election in November and has falsely said since his victory that millions of people voted illegally.

Pressed to present the evidence on Tuesday, Mr. Spicer appeared to conflate two different studies that Mr. Trump’s staff had previously cited in defending his claim. “There’s one that came out of Pew in 2008 that showed 14 percent of people who voted were noncitizens,” Mr. Spicer said. “There’s other studies that have been presented to him.”
    Here are the facts

Neither study Mr. Spicer apparently referred to supports Mr. Trump’s claim.

The first study was conducted in 2014 by professors at Old Dominion University and discussed on Monkey Cage, a blog hosted by The Washington Post. Using data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study, the researchers found that 14 percent of noncitizens who responded to the survey in 2008 and 2010 said they were registered to vote.

The problem is that the study relied on flawed data and was roundly criticized by political scientists who said that a more careful examination of the data revealed no evidence that noncitizens had voted in recent elections.

The second study, conducted in 2012 by the Pew Center on the States, found that 24 million voter registrations were no longer valid or “significantly inaccurate”; that more than 1.8 million dead people were still listed on the voter rolls; and that almost three million were registered in multiple states, probably because they had moved from one state to another.

The study did not find evidence that those errors led to voter fraud, however, simply that they presented avoidable costs and inefficiencies in the electoral process.

The primary author of the study, David Becker, made that plain in a Twitter post in November.

https://twitter.com/beckerdavidj/sta...01967875321857

On Tuesday, he wrote on Twitter that voting integrity in the November election had in fact improved.

https://twitter.com/beckerdavidj/sta...98627806523392

The absence of studies supporting the claim is not all that is working against Mr. Trump. Election and law enforcement officials all over the country, who monitored reports of voter fraud state by state, have said they found no credible evidence of widespread fraud.
    The reaction in Congress

Mr. Trump’s assertion likewise found little backing from his Republican colleagues on Capitol Hill.

“I’ve seen no evidence to that effect,” House Speaker Paul D. Ryan told reporters on Monday when asked about the purported voter fraud.

In an interview with CNN, Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, urged Mr. Trump to “knock this off.”

“This is going to erode his ability to govern this country if he does not stop it,” Mr. Graham said, adding that the president needed to present evidence for his beliefs if he was going to continue to profess them.

Others simply deflected questions about Mr. Trump’s claims.

Asked about the accuracy of the president’s assessment, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, chose to answer a question no one had asked.

“It does occur,” he said of voter fraud, declining to quantify the scope. “There are always arguments on both sides about how much, how frequent and all the rest.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/u...trump-lie.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

How exactly was the survey flawed data?

14% of non-citizens said they were registered to vote.

Then Harvard comes out and says zero illegal aliens voted.

Who has more credibility here?

Think, McFly, think.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-24-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“I have no evidence whatsoever, and I don't know that anyone does, that there were that many illegal people who voted, and frankly it doesn't matter,” Huckabee told Fox Business Network on Monday morning. “He's the president and whether 20 million people voted, it doesn't matter anymore. He's the president, and I'm not sure why he brought it up.”
    Because voter fraud needs to be addressed for future election's Einstein?

I do not honestly understand how voter fraud can be 'debunked,' when we are largely prohibited by law from collecting the evidence required to support it. Maybe it's a myth, maybe it's true, who knows? As long as Uncle Sam continues to prohibit the identification of voters, we will never have a control group from which to produce analyses.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I do not honestly understand how voter fraud can be 'debunked,' when we are largely prohibited by law from collecting the evidence required to support it. Maybe it's a myth, maybe it's true, who knows? As long as Uncle Sam continues to prohibit the identification of voters, we will never have a control group from which to produce analyses.
    Bingo.

Zip and I already went around the mulberry bush on this.

One study 3 million had voted, the other that zero percent of the voting bloc was comprised of undocumented immigrants voting.

Zero?

Seriously?

They claim that this "debunks" the first study:

The first study was conducted in 2014 by professors at Old Dominion University and discussed on Monkey Cage, a blog hosted by The Washington Post. Using data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study, the researchers found that 14 percent of noncitizens who responded to the survey in 2008 and 2010 said they were registered to vote.

The problem is that the study relied on flawed data and was roundly criticized by political scientists who said that a more careful examination of the data revealed no evidence that noncitizens had voted in recent elections.
    Like Gunny just stated, you are trying to prove the unknowable...an illegal act of which no official records are kept.

Freaking ridiculous on the face of it.

LOL they are holding up posters and asking Trump's nominees which crowd is bigger:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

3 million illegals voted causing Trump to lose the popular vote. Period.

This is an alternative fact.

MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL they are holding up posters and asking Trump's nominees which crowd is bigger:
    Glad to see both the Senators and the MSM is once again focusing on the important issues and events, and not distracting us with more trivial and irrelevant pointlessness.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ryan Defies Trump on Illegal Immigrant Vote Claim

(AP) — The Latest on activities in Congress (all times EST):

Breaking with President Donald Trump, Speaker Paul Ryan says he has seen no evidence that 3 million to 5 million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally voted last November and cost the Republican the popular vote.

Ryan told reporters on Tuesday: “I’ve already commented on that I’ve seen no evidence to that effect.”

His comments came hours after Trump incorrectly claimed at a White House reception with congressional leaders, including Ryan, that he lost the popular vote to Democratic rival Hillary Clinton because of the vote by those here illegally.

That’s according to a Democratic aide familiar with the exchange who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private meeting.

There is no evidence to support Trump’s claim.

Another Republican, Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent, said Trump needs to move on. “The election is over,” Dent said, and Trump “won fair and square.” Trump needs to “get to the serious business of governing,” Dent said.

__

10:05 a.m.

House Speaker Paul Ryan says he has invited President Donald Trump to address a Joint Session of Congress on Feb. 28.

Ryan announced the invitation on Tuesday, informing reporters after a meeting with House Republicans. Ryan had met with Trump Monday night at the White House. Trump also met with Republican and Democratic congressional leaders on Monday.

Trump was sworn in as the 45th president on Friday. It would be his first speech to Congress.

__

10 a.m.

Congressional analysts are projecting that President Donald Trump has inherited a stable economy and a government that is on track to run a $559 billion budget deficit for the ongoing budget year.

The new estimates from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office also say the economy will hold relatively steady. Economic growth is projected to rise slightly to 2.3 percent this year and unemployment to average less than 5 percent for the duration of Trump’s term.

The latest CBO figures are in line with previous projections. They come as Trump and Republicans controlling Congress are working to repeal much of former President Barack Obama’s signature health care law, boost the Pentagon budget, and reform the loophole cluttered tax code.

Balancing the budget would require cuts to domestic agencies and big health programs like Medicare.
    https://www.teaparty.org/ryan-defies...-claim-214654/

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Glad to see both the Senators and the MSM is once again focusing on the important issues and events, and not distracting us with more trivial and irrelevant pointlessness.

Good post.

"You must spread some reputation around..."
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bingo.

One study 3 million had voted, the other that zero percent of the voting bloc was comprised of undocumented immigrants voting.

Zero?

Seriously?

Like Gunny just stated, you are trying to prove the unknowable...an illegal act of which no official records are kept.

But arguing a point that makes absolutely no sense. They are here illegally. They openly flaunt every law, because so far in their experience government will eventually modify the law to accommodate them.

Thinking they are not breaking THIS law doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't they vote?

Bingo.

Zero?

Seriously?

'Zackly- so why is Trump still on it? He won- he's in the WH- just move on.
    There is no spoon.

Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Apparently his feels were hurt. Donald needs a safe space from the press.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...19473601077248

His insecurity over "winning" the election makes sense when you consider that he doesnt believe in the electoral college.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Can't directly copy your link but in it's conclusion it states that the non-citizen voting rate was quite small.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3324...iliate&irgwc=1
    Here's their conclusion, and the source of the oft-cited 2.8 million:
    Taking the least conservative measure e at least one indicator showed that the respondent voted e yields an estimate that between 7.9% and 14.7% percent of non-citizens voted in 2008. Since the adult noncitizen population of the United States was roughly 19.4 million (CPS, 2011), the number of non-citizen voters (including both uncertainty based on normally distributed sampling error, and the various combinations of verified and reported voting) could range from just over 38,000 at the very minimum to nearly 2.8 million at the maximum.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Here's their conclusion, and the source of the oft-cited 2.8 million:
    The problem is the word "could".
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    3 million illegals voted causing Trump to lose the popular vote. Period.

This is an alternative fact.

MAGA.
    He has lots of sources for this, great sources. You wouldn't believe, how many sources he has for this
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's how the man is.

I know the personality type.

It's how the man is.

I know the personality type.
    Yeah. This will either be the key to his success or key in his eventual downfall. He can't let ANYTHING go.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    The dems have a near monopoly on voter fraud and have for some time. Was it 3 million? 2 million? 500k? Who knows.
    The answer to that question makes a world of difference.

Is even 500,000 even within the realm of possibility? Or is it more like 1,000?

CPU go home!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Hammer meet nail. No way to conclusively prove or debunk the illegal voter. Dead people voting can be discovered easily as that is recorded, as well as ballot box stuffing. Both actions the democrats have been caught red handed in the most recent election.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How exactly was the survey flawed data?

14% of non-citizens said they were registered to vote.

Then Harvard comes out and says zero illegal aliens voted.

Who has more credibility here?

Think, McFly, think.
    The person who collected the data that was based on said they contacted the people who claimed in the online survey that they were not citizens and voted. All said they clicked the wrong button in the survey. In different parts of the same survey they indicated they were citizens and in another part that they were not. (this was on the radio so I have no link at the moment).

There's a video of the survey author in an interview as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The person who collected the data that was based on said they contacted the people who claimed in the online survey that they were not citizens and voted. All said they clicked the wrong button in the survey.
    lol.. 14.4% of people and they all clicked the wrong button?

You do realize they were admitting to a crime, correct?

I can only imagine if they did an online survey about drug use, "Do you use cocaine?", and they contacted the people who said "Yes" to make sure that they do in fact use cocaine, and make sure that all of the other information on the survey is correct.. What do you think would happen in that case, zippo?? I'll tell you what would happen. The SAME THING would happen. And the study's author would have to come out and say, "Welp, we did an online survey and found that 2% of respondents use cocaine.. But we contacted them to verify and they all said they pressed the wrong button. So, even though there are hundreds of billions of dollars of cocaine that flow into the country every year, we found in fact that 0% of the population does cocaine. Isn't that $#@!ing intesting?"

You gotta think these things through a little more, zip.

There's a video of the survey author in an interview as well.
    OMG a video!! WOW!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast