Thread: Donald Trump Executive Actions Kill TPP, Announce Federal Hiring Freeze, Restore Mexico City P

Donald Trump Executive Actions Kill TPP, Announce Federal Hiring Freeze, Restore Mexico City P

Donald Trump Executive Actions Kill TPP, Announce Federal Hiring Freeze, Restore Mexico City Policy

by Charlie Spiering 23 Jan 2017

President Donald Trump signed three executive actions this morning, killing the Trans-Pacific partnership, instituting a federal hiring freeze, and restoring the Mexico City policy, which bans federal funds from being used to fund abortions.

“We’ve been talking about this for a long time … a great thing for the American worker,” Trump said after signing the order killing former President Obama’s signature trade effort.

Trump senior advisors stood and watched Trump sign the executive orders as senior advisor Reince Priebus announced each order as it was signed.

Trump specified that the hiring freeze for federal workers would not apply to the military.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He just satisfied one of his key policy positions on his first full business day in office.

He just squashed the TPP. In doing he made it clear that one of his priorities is to ensure that Canadian and American bilateral trade remains strong, because we are so alike that we actually help each other. Guess who takes the biggest share of the American export pie? Canada. We are your biggest customers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig..._United_States

He has said taxes will get cut in half, give or take, and that 75% of current regulatory laws are in his sights to REPEAL.

Part of what Trump has laid out is that he wants to reverse the regulations that are keeping Canadian made pharmaceuticals out of America as drug costs spiral out of control for the every day American. Trump has already starting taking on the Big American Pharma and is saying that Canadian Pharma can help America greatly. SMART MAN.

He also just froze all federal hiring minus military.

That is a complete reversal of American Federal Policy. **GASP - THEY CAN'T HIRE MORE PEOPLE AND INCREASE COSTS FURTHER**
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

MAGA is starting to look like the real deal.

I'm a deeply skeptical person when it comes to politicians but I'm really starting to throw Trump into the small group of individuals bent on making Western Civilization Great Again.

Farage, Trump, Le Pen and Putin come to mind. The list isn't that long when it comes to key political figures.

I've picked up on rumblings that Trump has had a legitimate brain storming meeting about how to END THE FED.

I still view it as a long shot but I'm starting to see a world where central banks begin falling one by one and some of the big ones.

Rand Paul is going to jockey whip the lead horse (Trump) and unite enough of the fractured Senate to MAGA.

Push this admin to END THE FED and argue your points succinctly because the leadership is actually listening to you now.

Oh and by the way, Mexico will pay for the wall.

The trade deficit with Mexico makes it so that US payments to Mexico are easy to disrupt and leverage Mexico. It's a VERY EASY political chess move that Mexico would immediately capitulate to because they absolutely need these payments.

The plan in the real world of making Mexico pay for the wall is DEDUCTING THE COSTS FROM PRESENT AND FUTURE TRADE DEFICIT ACCOUNTS. Mexico will grumble at most knowing full well Mexicans have been draining cash out of America through illegal immigrants sending their cash paid US dollars back to Mexico. And yes the Mexican government knows a lot of gangs, cartel members (rapists/murderers) moved into America and took all of those problems and exported them to South Central LA (1 example).

Mexico will pay for the wall and it's very easy to manage that outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What Pelosi means when she says "more serious steps to raise wages" what she really means is a $15/hr. minimum wage so that small business owners get $#@!ed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What Pelosi means when she says "more serious steps to raise wages" what she really means is a $15/hr. minimum wage so that small business owners get $#@!ed.
    Lol yep. That's why Trump won and not Clinton. Clinton is simply Pelosi on steroids and more of an animal.

Screw Pelosi, why would anyone with a brain listen to that lying bitch?
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Screw Pelosi, why would anyone with a brain listen to that lying bitch?
    Seriously.

This is good.

Offsets that awful cop statement...a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    MAGA is starting to look like the real deal.

I'm a deeply skeptical person when it comes to politicians but I'm really starting to throw Trump into the small group of individuals bent on making Western Civilization Great Again.

Farage, Trump, Le Pen and Putin come to mind. The list isn't that long when it comes to key political figures.

I've picked up on rumblings that Trump has had a legitimate brain storming meeting about how to END THE FED.

I still view it as a long shot but I'm starting to see a world where central banks begin falling one by one and some of the big ones.

Rand Paul is going to jockey whip the lead horse (Trump) and unite enough of the fractured Senate to MAGA.

Push this admin to END THE FED and argue your points succinctly because the leadership is actually listening to you now.

Oh and by the way, Mexico will pay for the wall.

The trade deficit with Mexico makes it so that US payments to Mexico are easy to disrupt and leverage Mexico. It's a VERY EASY political chess move that Mexico would immediately capitulate to because they absolutely need these payments.

The plan in the real world of making Mexico pay for the wall is DEDUCTING THE COSTS FROM PRESENT AND FUTURE TRADE DEFICIT ACCOUNTS. Mexico will grumble at most knowing full well Mexicans have been draining cash out of America through illegal immigrants sending their cash paid US dollars back to Mexico. And yes the Mexican government knows a lot of gangs, cartel members (rapists/murderers) moved into America and took all of those problems and exported them to South Central LA (1 example).

Mexico will pay for the wall and it's very easy to manage that outcome.
    Yes, Trump will use the PATRIOT Act to disrupt those payments to Mexico:

Compelling Mexico to Pay for the Wall

Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 - the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:

On day 1 promulgate a "proposed rule" (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.

Trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules: There is no doubt that Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousands of U.S. jobs, and which we are obligated to respond to; the impact of any tariffs on the price imports will be more than offset by the economic and income gains of increased production in the United States, in addition to revenue from any tariffs themselves. Mexico needs access to our markets much more than the reverse, so we have all the leverage and will win the negotiation. By definition, if you have a large trade deficit with a nation, it means they are selling far more to you than the reverse - thus they, not you, stand to lose from enforcing trade rules through tariffs (as has been done to save many U.S. industries in the past).

Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty - our approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment for our own citizens and recent migrants.

Visa fees: Even a small increase in visa fees would pay for the wall. This includes fees on border crossing cards, of which more than 1 million are issued a year. The border-crossing card is also one of the greatest sources of illegal immigration into the United States, via overstays. Mexico is also the single largest recipient of U.S. green cards, which confer a path to U.S. citizenship. Again, we have the leverage so Mexico will back down.

Conclusion: Mexico has taken advantage of us in another way as well: gangs, drug traffickers and cartels have freely exploited our open borders and committed vast numbers of crimes inside the United States. The United States has borne the extraordinary daily cost of this criminal activity, including the cost of trials and incarcerations. Not to mention the even greater human cost. We have the moral high ground here, and all the leverage. It is time we use it in order to Make America Great Again.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

"I think we can cut regulations by 75 percent"....lets see what happens

Trump is almost certain to be bloody awful, but I seriously don't think adopting Nancy Pelosi's position on the TPP is going to be very helpful... lol

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Trump is almost certain to be bloody awful, but I seriously don't think adopting Nancy Pelosi's position on the TPP is going to be very helpful... lol
    Lol. No $#@!.

Well he did fund some of her campaigns

If there is a government hiring freeze does that mean that his cabinet nominees can't be hired?

Trump’s executive order states that “no vacant positions existing at noon on Jan. 22, 2017, may be filled and no new positions may be created, except in limited circumstances” though it does not apply to military personnel.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2017 at 05:42 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well he did fund some of her campaigns

And this explains taking Nancy's side of the TPP debate? If anything this would repel me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If there is a government hiring freeze does that mean that his cabinet nominees can't be hired?
    His cabinet posts were not really vacant on 22 Jan. If any cabinet post was not still officially being filled by the Obama appointee (even if in name only and being managed by staff), then they were already filled by a Trump appointee, ala Mattis. I have not heard of any cabinet posts being resigned and abandoned during this turnover. Cabinet posts are never vacant in the US unless the person officially resigns without designating a replacement, whereupon Congress would have a 'place-holder' in the position from the cabinet position's staff within 24hr, and then the process of confirming a new nomination begins.

He's not going to take her side, but he will cut deals with them if he can't work with the GOP.

He's not going to take her side, but he will cut deals with them if he can't work with the GOP.
    I never said that Trump took Pelosi's side. You took Pelosi's side. The TPP was scammed up and all too clandestine and secret from the start. It needed to die. What Trump comes up will probably be even worse in some ways, but whatever he comes up with at least will not cede legal sovereignty to an international body. He is an idiot with obsessions, but his obsession will not allow him to give up power to China.

The whole idea of being a Ron Pauler is to maintain consistent principles no matter what manner of creature is in office. We oppose undeclared wars, and drone bombing outside of a declared war, and we would continue to do so even if it were Ron Paul that got elected.

The one thing that has disturbed me the most over 2016 is to watch so many people I had one though fixed on principle, turn every last bit of that principle into putty for the sake of loving or hating a certain personality. The principle is the thing, not the person.

A person in the White House, by the power of their personality, can create a 'theater' that will energize spending and boost the economy. This is largely a Keynesian idea, their rationalization of it being garbage but the base observation is true. There will probably be a more prosperous economy coming for a time based on he effect of social psychology. But the ego-effect is temporary. The underlying math does not lie. Eventually someone discovers they are over invested and decides to sell off, and voila.

Trump is the ego-effect. The next 3 or 6 years might be great economically, but it will probably be a fiction leading to a worse end. I say probably because he hasn't actually DONE anything economically yet except to issue some vague and mostly meaningless deregulatory statement.

We've got at least four years of this coming. If he is as bad as we both believe, then there will be plenty of ammunition to come up that doesn't require taking Nancy Pelosi's side on ceding lawful US authority to a secret oligarchical international body.

I never said that Trump took Pelosi's side. You took Pelosi's side. The TPP was scammed up and all too clandestine and secret from the start. It needed to die. What Trump comes up will probably be even worse in some ways, but whatever he comes up with at least will not cede legal sovereignty to an international body. He is an idiot with obsessions, but his obsession will not allow him to give up power to China.

The whole idea of being a Ron Pauler is to maintain consistent principles no matter what manner of creature is in office. We oppose undeclared wars, and drone bombing outside of a declared war, and we would continue to do so even if it were Ron Paul that got elected.

The one thing that has disturbed me the most over 2016 is to watch so many people I had one though fixed on principle, turn every last bit of that principle into putty for the sake of loving or hating a certain personality. The principle is the thing, not the person.

A person in the White House, by the power of their personality, can create a 'theater' that will energize spending and boost the economy. This is largely a Keynesian idea, their rationalization of it being garbage but the base observation is true. There will probably be a more prosperous economy coming for a time based on he effect of social psychology. But the ego-effect is temporary. The underlying math does not lie. Eventually someone discovers they are over invested and decides to sell off, and voila.

Trump is the ego-effect. The next 3 or 6 years might be great economically, but it will probably be a fiction leading to a worse end. I say probably because he hasn't actually DONE anything economically yet except to issue some vague and mostly meaningless deregulatory statement.

We've got at least four years of this coming. If he is as bad as we both believe, then there will be plenty of ammunition to come up that doesn't require taking Nancy Pelosi's side on ceding lawful US authority to a secret oligarchical international body.
    Where did I take Pelosi's side?

Where did I take Pelosi's side?
    Look, you have wandered waaaay off into the weeds and you are getting into places where you will end up creating more Trump supporters than dissuading. You know how the whackjob left made moderates vote for Trump out of disgust? You are kinda doing that same thing here. Obstinate and irrational makes bystanders lend sympathy to your enemies no matter how bad they are.

Look, you have wandered waaaay off into the weeds and you are getting into places where you will end up creating more Trump supporters than dissuading. You know how the whackjob left made moderates vote for Trump out of disgust? You are kinda doing that same thing here. Obstinate and irrational makes bystanders lend sympathy to your enemies no matter how bad they are.
    Pelosi wants to repeal and replace TPP. I'm not so big on the replace part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    First off, these weren't executive orders, they were presidential memorandum.

Second, if you read the memo, you would see the following:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-hiring-freeze

This memorandum does not limit the nomination and appointment of officials to positions requiring Presidential appointment or Senate confirmation, the appointment of officials to non-career positions in the Senior Executive Service or to Schedule C positions in the Excepted Service, or the appointment of any other officials who serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Moreover, it does not limit the hiring of personnel where such a limit would conflict with applicable law. This memorandum does not revoke any appointment to Federal service made prior to January 22, 2017.

Finally, something is wrong with this iteration. Sloppy snark, no due diligence, very lazy; it's like Windows 8 that was supposed to be an upgrade but really was just a giant dumpster fire.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The biggest opponent of TPP (other than Sanders' supporters) is China. They'll have no problem overlooking that whole "one-China" thing when they get results like this!

Ah, but don't worry... TPP will be back with a different name and a new packaging. We'll get the same loss of sovereignty with a added dash of protectionism! Yay!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The biggest opponent of TPP (other than Sanders' supporters) is China. They'll have no problem overlooking that whole "one-China" thing when they get results like this!

Ah, but don't worry... TPP will be back with a different name and a new packaging. We'll get the same loss of sovereignty with a added dash of protectionism! Yay!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ho hum another boring day of ASSumptions.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Ho hum another boring day of ASSumptions.
    These people would say the same thing about Ron Paul if he wasn't Ron Paul.