Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

WikiLeaks calls out Trump for refusing to release tax returns

WikiLeaks on Sunday took President Donald Trump to task for refusing to release his tax returns and offered to post them online, after a senior adviser said definitively that Trump would not be publicly disclosing the documents.

“Trump's breach of promise over the release of his tax returns is even more gratuitous than Clinton concealing her Goldman Sachs transcripts,” WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter.

The group also encouraged the leak of the documents. "Trump Counselor Kellyanne Conway stated today that Trump will not release his tax returns. Send them to: https://wikileaks.org/#submit so we can," another tweet read.

It was an interesting rebuke from WikiLeaks after Trump has appeared to side with founder Julian Assange in pushing back against U.S. intelligence officials’ conclusion that Russia President Vladimir Putin directed cyberattacks on Democratic targets in the U.S. to try to tilt the election Trump’s way.

Earlier on Sunday, Conway, the counselor to Trump, firmly said Trump will not be releasing his tax returns. Before he took office, Trump had used a different line, saying he couldn’t yet disclose the documents because they were under a routine audit.

In an interview on ABC's "This Week," Conway said the controversy over the tax returns was an attempt to re-litigate the presidential campaign.

"The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns," Conway said.

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care," Conway said. "They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: Most Americans ... are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like."

Calls for Trump to disclose his tax returns have continued since his election, with critics saying the move would clarify whether he has any foreign conflicts of interest.

Trump's team has pushed back, arguing he's taken the necessary steps to separate himself from his business interests.

"President Trump and his family are complying with all the ethical rules, everything they need to do to step away from his businesses and be a full-time president," Conway said Sunday.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-return-234000
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Suddenly, all the people that were bitching for years about Obama keeping his records secret are now shouting about respecting Trump's privacy.

It's amazing watching how quickly the sheep flip and turn into hypocrites once their "Hope and Change" guy gets in. Browsing around the net the last couple days has been mind-bending. I'm not sure I can watch this cycle repeat again as the GOP cheers while Trump does everything they complained about for the last 8 years.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

While the libertines keep bitching and moaning and DOING nothing. Some things never change.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Suddenly, all the people that were bitching for years about Obama keeping his records secret are now shouting about respecting Trump's privacy.

It's amazing watching how quickly the sheep flip and turn into hypocrites once their "Hope and Change" guy gets in. Browsing around the net the last couple days has been mind-bending. I'm not sure I can watch this cycle repeat again as the GOP cheers while Trump does everything they complained about for the last 8 years.
    I believe all government officials should be subject to complete transparency, but I think Wikileaks is choosing their battles very poorly on this one.

They have just begun to expose an international pedo ring, built rapport with a sympathetic US President, and are jeopardizing that over tax returns.

However, there is a possibility that Trump is involved, and if Wikileaks has reason to believe that, then I will be wrong.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

See? ^^^

Don't fall into the groupthink. Trump promised to release his tax returns. Now he's not. Don't find excuses.

If anyone's feet NEED to be held to the fire it is Donald Trump. He's made a lot of lofty promises. He also has the ability to pull a bunch of authoritarian $#@! while the people cheer. We knew Obama was a snake. GWB made a lot of campaign promises too and how did that turn out? Trump could be great if he decides to be a true patriot. He could also be the worst thing to happen to this country in a long, long time if he thinks he can get away with $#@!.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-22-2017 at 10:20 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

See? ^^^

Don't fall into the groupthink. Trump promised to release his tax returns. Now he's not. Don't find excuses.

If anyone's feet NEED to be held to the fire it is Donald Trump. He's made a lot of lofty promises. He also has the ability to pull a bunch of authoritarian $#@! while the people cheer. We knew Obama was a snake. GWB made a lot of campaign promises too and how did that turn out? Trump could be great if he decides to be a true patriot. He could also be the worst thing to happen to this country in a long, long time if he thinks he can get away with $#@!.
    I agree that he should be pressured/forced to release his tax returns. But not by Wikileaks, is my point.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    I agree that he should be pressured/forced to release his tax returns. But not by Wikileaks, is my point.
    Anybody that's trying to hold him accountable is a-ok in my book. I don't care who it is.

We all should be vigilant, yes, and watch closely what he does, but this petty $#@! is stupid.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    We all should be vigilant, yes, and watch closely what he does, but this petty $#@! is stupid.
    Is this really how you want him to start his administration? Knowing he can walk back promise after promise while you make excuses for him? That's the opposite of vigilance.

A wise man once said, "If you subsidize something, you will only get MORE of it!" (psst, he's in your avatar)

Is this really how you want him to start his administration? Knowing he can walk back promise after promise while you make excuses for him? That's the opposite of vigilance.

A wise man once said, "If you subsidize something, you will only get MORE of it!" (psst, he's in your avatar)
    ^^THIS^^
    There is no spoon.

Grow up.

I care about what he does that impacts our country. That, I plan to watch closely. I don't give a $#@! about his tax return.
    ================

Grow up.

I care about what he does that impacts our country. That, I plan to watch closely. I don't give a $#@! about his tax return.
    I suspect I'll be reading many variations of that post; broken campaign promises you don't give a $#@! about. At least until the "great wall" goes out the window and no mass round-ups occur. Yet you will cheer as E-verify morphs into our FEDERAL ID CARDS....to catch those illegals, dontchaknow.

Let me see...the IRS is involved in tax returns, so now all of sudden we love the IRS?....

If i were Trump, i'd tell all these statist big government lovers to kiss my ass...

just me...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Let me see...the IRS is involved in tax returns, so now all of sudden we love the IRS?....

If i were Trump, i'd tell all these statist big government lovers to kiss my ass...

just me...
    You do realize the IRS has clear constitutional authority to enforce taxation against corporations, yes? Equating Trump's pledge to release his financial information to supporting the IRS is one of those mental gymnastic exercises I already posted about.

don't care never cared. I've never looked at any presidential candidate tax returns.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

just me...
    Ya I could never release mine . If someone was bright enough they may discover I cheated .
    Do something Danke

just me...
    I think the point is: Is Trump going to keep his word? On anything? Is everything a lie?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I think the point is: Is Trump going to keep his word? On anything? Is everything a lie?
    I think the technical term is now "alternative fact"
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I suspect I'll be reading many variations of that post; broken campaign promises you don't give a $#@! about. At least until the "great wall" goes out the window and no mass round-ups occur. Yet you will cheer as E-verify morphs into our FEDERAL ID CARDS....to catch those illegals, dontchaknow.
    You flunk as a mind-reader. Be sure and not give up your day job.
    ================

You flunk as a mind-reader. Be sure and not give up your day job.
    I hope you are right! Call me jaded if if I'm skeptical.

Lock her up? As if DJT would put the mother of Ivanka's bff in jail. lol Get $#@!in' real. Anyone that fell for that horse$#@! was duped from the start.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-23-2017 at 03:43 AM.

If you look at Wikileaks' twitter feed, it's pretty amazing how fast people have turned on them for daring to question American Messiah 2.0 (3.0?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Too show how rediculous liberals in this thread are. I never gave a $#@! about Obama certificate. Neither did large majority of Republicans. Not that I begrudge the ones that did. For a lot of us we hope he never shows his personal stuff because we love seeing liberals cry and whine.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

staerker offers: I believe all government officials should be subject to complete transparency, but I think Wikileaks is choosing their battles very poorly on this one.

They have just begun to expose an international pedo ring, built rapport with a sympathetic US President, and are jeopardizing that over tax returns.

...[....ugh...constant, load after load of republicrap...anyone not an idiot can deduce that the very loudest trump apologists/cheerleaders would be the loudest in condemnation of any 'liberal democrat' doing the same thing as trump vis a vis 'tax return$'...the roles of these sickening d's and r's would shift seamlessly were 'the foe on the other shoot'..

...c'mon!...all the folks at rpf, even the r and d apologists/cheerleaders here, are [hopefully] better than this...there are already waaaaaaay too many forums dominated by republicrat cheerleaders/stooges who drag the quality of ideas down...

...as one wag put it, 'with 'libertarians' like this, who needs republicrats'...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he promised to release them as soon as the audit was finished, he should release them as soon as the audit is finished. Not doing so makes him a liar and those that support him should at least admit that fact.

I hope you are right! Call me jaded if if I'm skeptical.

Lock her up? As if DJT would put the mother of Ivanka's bff in jail. lol Get $#@!in' real. Anyone that fell for that horse$#@! was duped from the start.
    There you go again. Spewing without getting your facts straight. It was the supporters who started the LOCK HER UP mantra. Trump didn't stop it, no, but then again, Ron didn't clarify when so many of his supporters misunderstood and thought he wanted the whole abortion thing to be left up to the states.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If he promised to release them as soon as the audit was finished, he should release them as soon as the audit is finished. Not doing so makes him a liar and those that support him should at least admit that fact.
    Yeah, he should. But, this isn't my interest. Given the state of our country, my eyes will be on stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country and the associated handouts, foreign policy, renegotiating or getting out of rotten trade deals, etc.
    ================

Yeah, he should. But, this isn't my interest. Given the state of our country, my eyes will be on stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country and the associated handouts, foreign policy, renegotiating or getting out of rotten trade deals, etc.
    How can you expect him to follow through on large promises if he can't manage to make good on simple things?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How can you expect him to follow through on large promises if he can't manage to make good on simple things?
    YOU CAN'T.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Let's watch, shall we?
    ================

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast