Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: So We Anti Globalists Are now xenophobic Nationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul in 2008 View Post
    Racists like the Founding fathers made this country.
    And that's a good thing to you?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And that's a good thing to you?
    The constitution is a good thing, yes.

Yes. It's a euphemism for white nationalism.
    How do you justify this claim?

Zero. They don't want freedom at all.
    And this? What I have seen of those ID'ing as "Alt-Right", they seem to be interested in at least some aspects of freedom. Perhaps you go too far.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Look at your examples. The ones that you yourself chose to mention.
    Which ones are you speaking of? If you are talking about my support for a little regulation of the free market, then I guess you are right. But in my view you can be a libertarian and have a little regulation.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see your point. I agree that extreme nationalism is bad. There should be a little bit of a counterweight.
    You agree with whom? I sure don't agree with those sentences. ALL nationalism is bad. All nationalism is extreme. A little counterweight to nationalism is like leaning in towards a volcano with a little counterweight pulling you away from it. The biger the counterweight the better, but the ideal solution is to stop sticking your head in the volcano.

But I don't see a better alternative to moderate nationalism. Again, by definition nationalism to me is putting your country first.
    How about putting people first. Why is that something you haven't even thought of?

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't put our country first and put other countries ahead of us or have open borders? That doesn't make much sense to me.
    You know very well I didn't say that. If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop using deliberate misdirection.

Also, some food for thought, America was a nationalist country and it devolved into the total opposite up until Trumps election.
    Wrong. America was not a nationalist country till the Civil War; the founding documents are clear that all power and authority rests in individuals alone. Those individuals can collect their power into states and those states collected their power into a federation. Nationalism is not the opposite of globalism, it is the opposite of individualism.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

You're thinking about fascism. America was a nationalistic country in the past and it didn't result in fascism. Japan is a nationalist country today and its good.

I don't know why people are against nationalism. Nationalism to me is just putting our country first and rejecting liberalism.
    What part of "tends" do you not grok?

Nationalism has not fared that well through history, but I did not say there was anything wrong with it, in sé. In fact, I went to some effort to say otherwise.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Which ones are you speaking of? If you are talking about my support for a little regulation of the free market, then I guess you are right. But in my view you can be a libertarian and have a little regulation.
    You can have a little regulation just like you can be a little pregnant.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    And this? What I have seen of those ID'ing as "Alt-Right", they seem to be interested in at least some aspects of freedom. Perhaps you go too far.
    federally-authorized, federally-mandated, federally-regulated, federally-dispensed freedom.

The alt-right believes the federal government is sovereign. They just use the words "nation" and "country" instead.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    You agree with whom?
    You.

I sure don't agree with those sentences. ALL nationalism is bad. All nationalism is extreme.
    Do you think American nationalism was extreme up till the civil war?

How about putting people first. Why is that something you haven't even thought of?
    It is. That is why I am a nationalist.

Liberalism/globalism is putting other countries ahead of our people and giving our hard earned tax money that we cant spare to other countries. Like Obamas philosophy.

You know very well I didn't say that. If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop using deliberate misdirection.
    I didn't accuse you of saying it. It was a question.

Wrong. America was not a nationalist country till the Civil War; the founding documents are clear that all power and authority rests in individuals alone. Those individuals can collect their power into states and those states collected their power into a federation.
    In my view, America still had nationalistic tendencies up till around the 1940s although not always.

Nationalism is not the opposite of globalism,
    How come?

it is the opposite of individualism.
    I don't see how that is true but I understand why you may think that if you are talking about extreme nationalism like under Hitler which puts the state first. I am not that sort of nationalist.

You can have a little regulation just like you can be a little pregnant.
    Ill give you one example. Companies in China don't give a damn about the environment and that is why you have to wear a mask in Beijing because the smog is so bad. This is one of the few instances where I believe there should be gov regulation.

Ill give you one example. Companies in China don't give a damn about the environment and that is why you have to wear a mask in Beijing because the smog is so bad. This is one of the few instances where I believe there should be gov regulation.
    Apparently no one has ever told you that China is a Communist country? They are not under-regulated I assure you.
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    federally-authorized, federally-mandated, federally-regulated, federally-dispensed freedom.
    The alt-right believes the federal government is sovereign. They just use the words "nation" and "country" instead.
    Have you ever researched the alt-right? If what you said is true I would not be part of it. I want to downsize the fed gov dramatically. Most of the fed gov is worthless and abuses their power which I hate.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are not under-regulated I assure you.
    I know. But why is there crazy amounts of smog?

Nationalism has not fared that well through history,
    It depends on the degree of nationalism IMO. fascist nationalism is always bad. Moderate nationalism was good for the United States and is good for Japan now. I just don't see anything wrong with being a light nationalist who does what is best for our people but at the same time doesn't worship the state and put it ahead of the people (fascism).

but I did not say there was anything wrong with it, in sé. In fact, I went to some effort to say otherwise.
    I know.

Have you ever researched the alt-right? If what you said is true I would not be part of it. I want to downsize the fed gov dramatically. Most of the fed gov is worthless and abuses their power which I hate.
    Every proclamation of your "nationalism" is a pump on the federal vacu-jack.
    -Albert Camus

I know. But why is there crazy amounts of smog?
    Because of their nationalism. If they ditched nationalism for individualism, each individual would have the incentive to keep the air they breath clean. The problem Communist China has is TOO MUCH government not too little. It's called the Moral Hazard.
    Amash>Trump

Every proclamation of your "nationalism" is a pump on the federal vacu-jack.
    Wouldn't you agree that being an American nationalist is following the constitution?

I don't see any evidence to support your assertion.

Or perhaps just federally protected?

Just a thought.

The alt-right believes the federal government is sovereign.
    Do you have evidence of this? I have not noticed it as yet. They seem to be calling for the rights of men. Granted, this is not a thing I am expert on so perhaps I have just missed the essentials.

They just use the words "nation" and "country" instead.
    I could be mistaken, but this sounds a bit presumptuous.

Because of their nationalism. If they ditched nationalism for individualism, each individual would have the incentive to keep the air they breath clean. The problem Communist China has is TOO MUCH government not too little. It's called the Moral Hazard.
    I read about moral hazard just now. I bookmarked your link and I will study it when I sign off.

However, I have one objection.

I just read the definition of individualism from Wikipedia:

"Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that emphasizes the moral worth of the individual.[1][2] Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires and so value independence and self-reliance[3] and advocate that interests of the individual should achieve precedence over the state or a social group,[3] while opposing external interference upon one's own interests by society or institutions such as the government.[3] Individualism is often defined in contrast to totalitarianism, collectivism and more corporate social forms.[4][5]"

The problem with the smog example I gave you is that people are not always perfect. Lots of them are immoral and they will ruin the environment for an extra buck. I don't see how there cant be a least a little government control to ensure they follow rules to not maximize profit but have clean air. And I do believe that you can be a nationalist and an individualist.

Or perhaps just federally protected?

Just a thought.

Do you have evidence of this? I have not noticed it as yet. They seem to be calling for the rights of men. Granted, this is not a thing I am expert on so perhaps I have just missed the essentials.

I could be mistaken, but this sounds a bit presumptuous.
    They seem to be calling for the rights of certain men.
    -Albert Camus

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They seem to be calling for the rights of certain men.
    Examples? I have yet to see this.

Thus far I am seeing what appears as a textbook ID-based campaign; against alt-right because they are alt-right. I am still not clear on who/what they are, but so far the words against them have been nothing more than buck-naked assertions. If anyone can show me some convincing evidence that "alt-right" is what is being claimed, I will accept it. Thus far, I keep asking and keep getting what seem to be deflections.

Thus far, I keep asking and keep getting what seem to be deflections.
    You are not the target audience for this PR effort.

Examples? I have yet to see this.

Thus far I am seeing what appears as a textbook ID-based campaign; against alt-right because they are alt-right. I am still not clear on who/what they are, but so far the words against them have been nothing more than buck-naked assertions. If anyone can show me some convincing evidence that "alt-right" is what is being claimed, I will accept it. Thus far, I keep asking and keep getting what seem to be deflections.
    Who's words do you consider to be exemplary of the "alt-right"? Those who identify themselves as such here? The alt-right believes that it is the responsibility of the federal government, as controlled by their inclinations, to alienate individuals from their rights, based on race, nationality, IQ, political leanings, culture, or anything else that does not align with their vision of America. In doing so, they believe that everyone's rights of free association, free travel, and free markets should be violated.
    Examples are manifest throughout this thread, and many others on RPF. Their label is meaningless. Their intent, as communicated through their own words, can not be misconstrued as being remotely friendly to liberty.
    -Albert Camus

The alt-right believes that it is the responsibility of the federal government, as controlled by their inclinations, to alienate individuals from their rights, based on race, nationality, IQ, political leanings, culture, or anything else that does not align with their vision of America. In doing so, they believe that everyone's rights of free association, free travel, and free markets should be violated.
    This is well and succinctly put and applies to every argument I've seen about the issues that REALLY, REALLY concern the alt-right defenders (not to say self-identifiers) to the point of nail-biting hysteria.

I know this video is a cliche now, but it applies directly to what they're calling for.

At its worst, a few here in their neuroses about Islamofascism have really gone full-circle to neoconland and seem to be ready to send their own kids to Syria.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    At its worst, a few here in their neuroses about Islamofascism have really gone full-circle to neoconland and seem to be ready to send their own kids to Syria.
    More likely they'll cheer as a cop pulls me over to make sure I'm not transporting a beaner in my trunk. I'm hoping that I'll have my papers in order, or at least my implanted chip is functioning correctly.
    -Albert Camus

The Autism on this thread is proof that libertarianism is a dead letter if not co opted by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    The Autism on this thread is proof that libertarianism is a dead letter if not co opted by the left.
    Speaking of autism.......

I'm still waiting on you to ask questions Ace...

Come on buck up, try to start discourse if you're capable...

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    LOL You realize this isn't actually a libertarian forum, yes? (despite being ironically named after a quite hardcore libertarian) Most of the actual libertarians that came to these forums over the years have either been banned or primarily participate in the off-topic/hot-topicish subforum places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who's words do you consider to be exemplary of the "alt-right"? Those who identify themselves as such here? The alt-right believes that it is the responsibility of the federal government, as controlled by their inclinations, to alienate individuals from their rights, based on race, nationality, IQ, political leanings, culture, or anything else that does not align with their vision of America. In doing so, they believe that everyone's rights of free association, free travel, and free markets should be violated.
    Examples are manifest throughout this thread, and many others on RPF. Their label is meaningless. Their intent, as communicated through their own words, can not be misconstrued as being remotely friendly to liberty.
    And once again you answer with no evidence other than your apparent opinion.

I don't know enough about "alt-right" to take anyone's word as exemplary.

It is as if people are pulling new words from their bootholes and the whole world takes them as somehow authoritative. I suspect this sort of thing is primarily the product of noise campaigns designed to get people worked up in one direction of another.

The signal to noise ratio is so low in human communications anymore, I can barely believe anyone is able to order a fookin' pie from Pizza Hut (EEEeeeeewwww...) these days.

Humanity is an unmitigated, ambulatory disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Speaking of autism.......

I'm still waiting on you to ask questions Ace...

Come on buck up, try to start discourse if you're capable...
    Can you understand that if you import millions of people who will vote against your rights, you will lose your rights?

why import more welfare voters?

See how this works out? You lose everything if they are not kept out. But hey I guess you like losing.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LOL You realize this isn't actually a libertarian forum, yes? (despite being ironically named after a quite hardcore libertarian) Most of the actual libertarians that came to these forums over the years have either been banned or primarily participate in the off-topic/hot-topicish subforum places.

Shocking.....

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast