Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Weather Outbreak 2017-01-22

Severe Weather Outbreak 2017-01-22

Stay safe in the southeast today. Awful weather overnight and it's going to crawl by today. Definitely need to bring in the lawn furniture, etc..

@Suzanimal might be in it already (I never remember exactly where you are).
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you did the date the correct way. awesome.

Great opportunity to remind members that this is the time of year that the National Weather Service holds local severe weather spotter training. Check with your local emergency services. The training takes about 3 hrs is free and there is no requirement that attendees become registered spotters.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

I pray all will stay safe today.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Facebook live of the Sunshine Skyway bridge. (Connects the Pinellas Peninsular to the mainland at the mouth of Tampa Bay)

Currently closed to high profile vehicles. Winds currently 36-41mph.

Expecting wide spread power outages in Pinellas County and along the west central coast.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX13TampaB...4396019383525/

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Stay safe in the southeast today. Awful weather overnight and it's going to crawl by today. Definitely need to bring in the lawn furniture, etc..

@Suzanimal might be in it already (I never remember exactly where you are).
    Haven't seen a post from her in 2 days. That is unlike her.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Could be power outages.

and no doubt busy. A lot of nasty going on there.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

She is in Atlanta. I am currently in Sarasota Fl, south of skyway bridge. Predicting high winds and rain later. Thunderstorms and possible tornado.

Severe weather in Atlanta today too
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    She is in Atlanta. I am currently in Sarasota Fl, south of skyway bridge. Predicting high winds and rain later. Thunderstorms and possible tornado.

Severe weather in Atlanta today too
    That's a bit of a relief. Thought she was closer to the AL and FL lines, which is where the worst is, and she'd mentioned the brother in the trailer.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    you did the date the correct way. awesome.
    WTF is that, some new metric date system?

Looks communist to me.

January 22 2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How far south can a Wendigo go?

Seriously, hope all is well.

Anybody know her IRL?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Looks communist to me.

January 22 2017
    I personally use it because it's easier to put financial files in date order that way.

Looks communist to me.

January 22 2017
    Its an international standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
    The important part is that it sorts correctly. If you have a file names with dates in the name, the alphanumeric sorting of the filenames actually matches the datetime sorting. Its awesome.

How far south can a Wendigo go?

Seriously, hope all is well.

Anybody know her IRL?
    I do not know. oyarde had mentioned that he had put out some food for Danke's spirit and she said she did too. I don't think she knows to take precautions when feeding spirits or has protections like oyarde does.

It has been a crazy winter for weather. California drought pretty much wiped out by now in many areas with more storms to come.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-22-2017 at 02:01 PM.

I hope suzie's okay down there.

Looks bad, some of the photos I've seen - Death toll from US storms surges to 15, tornado warnings still in place (PHOTOS)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The main system is rotating CCW:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    Facebook live of the Sunshine Skyway bridge. (Connects the Pinellas Peninsular to the mainland at the mouth of Tampa Bay)

Currently closed to high profile vehicles. Winds currently 36-41mph.

Expecting wide spread power outages in Pinellas County and along the west central coast.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX13TampaB...4396019383525/
    my kid lives in that county.. dinner here tonight though.. maybe it will die down by then.

Looks communist to me.

January 22 2017
    yup.. never got used to backwards dates..
    written the way I say it, tuvm
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

all west central florida under a tornado watch until 10pm. Highest particularly dangerous situation warning ever issued here. Skyway bridge completely closed to all traffic now.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The main system is rotating CCW:

Erm, all low-pressure systems do that up 'round these parts

Wind is insane (sustained @ 25 with higher gusts even away from the bad parts of the system), already some trees down. We expect much less of an impact than GA, AL, MS, and LA, but it's still going to be sporadically dangerous. The main line (from my perspective) will be here within the hour. It's that tail hanging down from the picture he posted. That means it won't be bad for too long (good thing) but it also contains some really nasty wind and rain and likely hail (bad thing). Then there's another part expected to build and hit around midnight.

Your timelines may vary.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 01-22-2017 at 04:30 PM.

lol

Banned

You have been banned from WunderBlogs. This ban is in effect for the next 2 hours.
    Admin has left you a message related to this ban: Take a break.
    All content uploaded to WunderBlogs is judged according to the Community Standards and the Terms of Use. Please make sure that you have read and understood them.
    I have never ever been banned from the internet in my entire life. This is just hilarious! I commented on a post where someone shared this link FROM NOAA....

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/goes-xray-flux.gif

I simply pointed out that an earthquake, an M-Class solar flare, and this historic severe weather all happened at the same time.

I had no idea wunderground was a political front for global warming freaks and that space weather shatters their paradigm so badly. WOW.

the wind just picked up.. big time here.. about an hour north of Tampa - and the power is flickering.. lovely with a leg of lamb in the oven
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    the wind just picked up.. big time here.. about an hour north of Tampa - and the power is flickering.. lovely with a leg of lamb in the oven
    tornados on the ground, gonna be a long night

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tornados on the ground, gonna be a long night

You'll want to refresh that repeatedly.

We're good here, but to the south it's lit up like a Christmas tree. Even a few miles south (at work, etc.) things were nasty.

Tornado warnings in effect for Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Volusia Counties. Looks like Marion is done. Basically things are sweeping along the eastern side of Central Florida. There is a nasty cell right near the Orlando area attractions.

There are now a couple of tails to this swinging through the area, and a number of reports of damage (unconfirmed levels due to the darkness). Tampa looks like the first tail fell apart before much happened, but the second one is looking very red and compact on the radar.

Second line fell apart on the Pinellas coast. Was a report of a Tornado in Sarasota, but that system is falling apart now.

Second line fell apart on the Pinellas coast. Was a report of a Tornado in Sarasota, but that system is falling apart now.
    Excellent news

Now we just need to hear from @Suzanimal but if she's really up by Atlanta all should be well.

Dalton, GA is in the eye right now.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Do you even weather....

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Do you even weather....
    Mostly satellite, not so much with ground radar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast