Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Sean Spicer the new Baghdad Bob?

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/statu...39956944584704
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wtf gives a crap about the crowd size anyways? I'd like it if Trump cancelled the entire WH press corp get to gethers and just had his press secretary do daily AMA's restricted to US-only I.P.s and let anybody ask questions. screw the press whores.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The official story has mysteriously turned from false to true in just one day for many people.
    Personally, sometimes the official story has been true, and sometimes not. The truth seems to be somewhere in between. Claiming this was some kind of record was idiotic; there's no way to prove it. I do get the sense that viewership numbers are higher than reported (they are reporting numbers of people who watched on television, but almost everyone I know streamed it at work). There is also the matter of when the "empty white tarp" photos were taken. It should be an easy matter to review the images from the Washington Monument and find the point at which the most people are packed in there. The parade stands being empty looked awful, and it was largely due to people not showing, but also partly due to it getting dark and it having been cool and rainy all day. Do you want to sit in a wet chair once it's dark to watch some marching bands? Me neither. Especially with the prospect of 2-3 hours to get food and get to the hotel afterwards. That should have been planned for. The ceremonial signing of Executive Orders, with all the idiotic talk of pens, could have waited. The tea and luncheons and other bull$#@! could have been shorter. It was fixable.

None of that, however, makes that press conference look any better. Record viewership? Can't be proven, and in the absence of proof, they are NOT going to get the benefit of the doubt.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    wtf gives a crap about the crowd size anyways? I'd like it if Trump cancelled the entire WH press corp get to gethers and just had his press secretary do daily AMA's restricted to US-only I.P.s and let anybody ask questions. screw the press whores.
    Apparently the Trump Admin thinks it is a big deal, the WH had an entire press briefing dedicated to it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Donald Trump does apparently. This isn't about the crowd size. It's that Trump directed his press secretary to go out and lie about a stupid point that was easily proven false. Will Trump's vanity and popularity be more important than issues? It brings into question how in the world will Trump and his staff handle an actual national crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Apparently the Trump Admin thinks it is a big deal, the WH had an entire press briefing dedicated to it.
    I don't watch the news, so I don't know but before this press briefing how much time was the media spending on talking about crowd size? I doubt this briefing came out of nowhere.

I don't watch the news, so I don't know but before this press briefing how much time was the media spending on talking about crowd size? I doubt this briefing came out of nowhere.
    About as much as usual. If he didn't want to make it a thing, he should have let one of them ask about it and say, "who gives a $#@!? Next question..."

It's all about not allowing them to kill you with a thousand cuts. They will lie and lie and lie and lie. So if you make every fight a lie, you look like an $#@! but you win. So I rather be an $#@! as long as I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

[QUOTE=francisco;6402714]
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

My first thought (before one word was out of his mouth) was that his suit looked like he bought it at K-Mart.

He did not do himself or his boss any favors in that press conference.
    And why is he reading from a hard copy during the press briefing? He did the same thing in his interview with Jon Karl. I don't recall other press secretaries doing this. Maybe they did and I don't recall. Did the Trump team do any auditions for this job? He seems like some gangster out of a James Cagney movie.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-22-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Would be quite amusing if Baghdad Bob became a viral meme in conjunction with Spicer.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    And why is he reading from a hard copy during the press briefing? He did the same thing in his interview with Jon Karl. I don't recall other press secretaries doing this. Maybe they did and I don't recall. Did the Trump team do any auditions for this job? He seems like some gangster out of a James Cagney movie.
    He lost a bet and had to be a press secretary for a day.

No, he was hand-picked by Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, it goes back to when they partnered with Team Trump to turn the RNC into a top-down organization and shut out grassroots conservatives:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ules-Committee
    Last edited by CPUd; 01-22-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    It's all about not allowing them to kill you with a thousand cuts. They will lie and lie and lie and lie. So if you make every fight a lie, you look like an $#@! but you win. So I rather be an $#@! as long as I win.
    Good point. Except I'm not certain they get the win by simply responding with a transparent lie.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-23-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He lost a bet and had to be a press secretary for a day.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    No, he was hand-picked by Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, it goes back to when they partnered with Team Trump to turn the RNC into a top-down organization and shut out grassroots conservatives:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ules-Committee
    Nice strategy but isn't there someone else Reince might have partnered with?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    This is getting wild. Conway just went on TV and called the lies "alternative facts".
    what lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxMUnnuqd4s&t
    This is the press conference, calling you out on two threads. State the Time stamp where Sean Spicer lied.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Donald Trump does apparently. This isn't about the crowd size. It's that Trump directed his press secretary to go out and lie about a stupid point that was easily proven false. Will Trump's vanity and popularity be more important than issues? It brings into question how in the world will Trump and his staff handle an actual national crisis?
    You keep saying he lied, when did Spicer lie?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    If they can repeal TPP that would be another great victory.
    His first set of executive orders targetted the TPP. The TPP is basically already dead:

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/un...-obamacare-tpp
    President Donald Trump began his four-year term of office with a series of executive orders and actions aimed at dismantling key policies of the Obama administration.

1 WITHDRAW FROM TPP

The new administration said its trade strategy to protect American jobs would start with withdrawal from the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade pact.
    Of course, the MSM, CPUd, Zippy et all, want the discussion to be about crowd sizes and lies that were never told. Because they are agents of the media deceit machine, which does not want Americans to know that Trump is definitely plunging forward. They want people arguing over nothing and media generated controversies.

This is big News in Asia. In America, the big news is about the lie Spicer never told, but CNN said he did.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Banned

Blog Entries
    B07 T35T

Good point. Except I'm not certain they get the win by simply responding with a transparent lie.
    If it was a transparent lie we would be having this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Some things are blatantly obvious to everyone except those who willfully delude themselves otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

so no mention of the other issue he mentioned about the media claiming that they had immediately removed the MLK bust from the office? which apparently wasn't true?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Contrary to what the fake news has reported. Looks like a lot of people to me.
    It wasn't a lot though.

Some things are blatantly obvious to everyone except those who willfully delude themselves otherwise.

Right; like it's obvious you are not the "supporting member" that you claim. In fact, you're the opposite.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Except it was a transparent lie, and we're having this discussion.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Right; like it's obvious you are not the "supporting member" that you claim. In fact, you're the opposite.
    You have it backwards.

It's the Trump defenders who don't support this site's mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You have it backwards.

It's the Trump defenders who don't support this site's mission.

You're talking about a different issue. I am talking about TheCount.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You keep saying he lied, when did Spicer lie?
    Of course he didn't lie he just presented alternative facts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast