Thread: Hold on to your butts... 9/11 is now a holiday

Hold on to your butts... 9/11 is now a holiday

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...-signed-so-far

Proclamation 1: Declaring a National Day of Patriotism
    What It Will Do: Although Congress has to pass a bill to create a new federal holiday, the president can unilaterally proclaim a day to be special for whatever reason—last year, Barack Obama declared several days of prayer and remembrance in honor of the 15th anniversary of 9/11. It's not clear when this day will be.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Patriot Day has been on my calendar at work for quite some time .
    Do something Danke

Hmm. Wanted military hardware parade. Now he wants Patriots Day (May Day?) We already have Independence Day and Veterans Day. More days to celebrate wars? (not a holiday yet- headline not accurate) GW Bush first called 9/11 Patriot Day in 2002. Obama also did in 2016. Trump hasn't even picked a date he would like to celebrate.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/p...127814659.html

First of all, Trump has not created a new annual federal holiday. Congress is the only body that can do that, and they have done so just four times in the past 100 years, per the Washington Post.

But Trump, as with other presidents, can declare a one-time federal holiday, per CNBC. These holidays only legally apply to federal workers and Washington D.C., though many state governments and private businesses also follow them.

When exactly the national day of patriotism will occur is unclear, and it is also uncertain if it will be a national observance or a federal holiday. National observances do not require that businesses or government agencies close.

But the idea of a day commemorating patriotism is actually not a new idea from Trump. Both Barack Obama and George W. Bush signed proclamations declaring national observances on Sept. 11 for the victims of the terrorist attacks in 2001. Bush and Obama both declared those days “Patriot Day,” and Congress also passed a joint resolution requesting the president issue a similar proclamation each year. It is not clear if Trump intends for his national day of patriotism to be the same day.

As for July Fourth, that day, though it is celebrated with displays of patriotism, is formally known as Independence Day.

Others on social media have suggested that Trump will declare the national day of patriotism to be his birthday, June 14, though there is no evidence of this.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.

[QUOTE=Zippyjuan;6401908]Hmm. Wanted military hardware parade. Now he wants Patriots Day (May Day?) We already have Independence Day and Veterans Day. More days to celebrate wars? (not a holiday yet- headline not accurate) GW Bush first called 9/11 Patriot Day in 2002. Obama also did in 2016. Trump hasn't even picked a date he would like to celebrate.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/p...127814659.html
    June 14 is Flag Day , Birthday of the US Army , June 14 1775 . Ten companies of expert riflemen . Each Company to have a Captain , 3 LT.'s , four Sergeants , 4 Corporals and a drummer .
    Do something Danke

Happy 911 day!

Merry no world trade center day?

Cue the national anthem for the 5th time you've probably heard it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Happy 911 day!

Merry no world trade center day?

Cue the national anthem for the 5th time you've probably heard it this week.
    Happy Blowback Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

October 24th = United Nations Day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Day

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    October 24th = United Nations Day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Day
    That one needs cancelled .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need a National Danke Day.
    "The Patriarch"

Government Failure Day

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Happy Blowback Day!
    Happy false flag day.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Already do , Oct 9 . I hope they are no longer letting any of those filthy Norwegians in . Shudder .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What's his birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Already do , Oct 9 . I hope they are no longer letting any of those filthy Norwegians in . Shudder .
    Shoulda known uncle oyarde would beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Let's not forget National Pie Day... today!

The Mrs made blueberry pie and cherry pie .
    Do something Danke

And I'll ignore it just like I do other alleged holidays
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

January 20, 2017? I guess we missed it.

Today is Veteran Legislative Day in Indiana . The 38th Inf Div Band will play at the Statehouse as usual I imagine . I was busy cleaning out a rental house to list for sale so I missed it .
    Do something Danke

I assume we're to pray, and in the general direction of Saudi Arabia (or Tel Aviv, *cough*)