Thread: Anyone have experience with cell tower removal?

Anyone have experience with cell tower removal?

I found a piece of property.. good size .. damn fine price, with an old (my favorite) house on it but it's got a verizon cell tower complex on the property. I'd want it gone - anyone have any experience with getting this sort of thing off the land?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a 100% chance that they have a land lease and you will not be taking it down 1 minute before the contract has expired.

The details will be in the contract.

They very well may have an automatic right to renew.

The good part is that I would imagine that they have agreed to remove the tower at the end of the lease, whenever that will be.

I wouldn't want to live near one of those either, fwiw.

Look at it in a positive way. Your cell phone reception will be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I found a piece of property.. good size .. damn fine price, with an old (my favorite) house on it but it's got a verizon cell tower complex on the property. I'd want it gone - anyone have any experience with getting this sort of thing off the land?
    Here's whole site devoted to cel tower leases.

http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/

It's a built in revenue stream. What's the problem?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This article (discussing tower lease rates) says typical leases are for 25 years. http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/Cel...ase-Rates.html

A 1% difference in yearly rental increases can easily equal a difference of a whopping $170,000 over the 25-year lifetime of the typical cell tower lease. Likewise a reduction in your rent can also take the same amount of future cell tower rent out of your pocket.
    You might also check how much the tower lease pays the land owner.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Maybe not.

Directional antennas can leave you in a "cone of silence" near the base.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Maybe not.

Directional antennas can leave you in a "cone of silence" near the base.
    huh?

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Some more info, see bold, that's you:

5. The Minimum Amount Of Term The Better

Extension terms, while attractive to landlords in commercial leasing, are not in the landlord’s best interest in cell tower leases. That is because cell tower leases typically allow for the tenant to terminate with thirty (30) days notice, however, the landlord cannot terminate until lease expiration. So if the landlord agrees to thirty (30) years total in lease extensions, they are locking themselves into the lease for that period of time, while the tenant can terminate next month if they want to.

6. Remove The Right Of First Refusal

The Right of First Refusal, or Right On Sale, provision needs to be removed from any cell tower lease agreement. The tenants rights are significantly protected in the lease agreement and this provision is overreaching. By keeping this provision in the cell tower lease agreement, you significantly restrict your ability to sell the cell tower lease in the future. When many buyers see this provision in a lease, they will not waste their time on making an offer to purchase your lease. Why make an offer to buy something, if someone can just take the deal at the price you have offered? Don’t limit your options – have the right of first refusal removed from your cell tower lease agreement.
    http://www.airwaveadvisors.com/cell-...ase-agreement/

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    huh?

Exactly...maybe a "dead zone" is more correct.

A high gain directional will leave a "dead zone" if you are right at the base of the antenna.

Depends on situation.

Case A) the owner retains the lease and subdivides the property when he sells it to you, in which case you have no options... if the property is indeed "cheap" this may be the case; it would be much like acquiring a home without mineral rights

Case B) the owner passes the lease on to you and you get the revenue stream

this leaves you with A) keep the stream or B) buy out the lease; in the case of buyout there will be terms much like buying out of a cell phone plan... except much more expensive. C) sell the lease, keep the tower, and get a lump sum from a company that buys such things

Case C) the owner attempts to sell you the property but the cell carrier has "right of first refusal" in which case they're just trolling a prospective buyer to get a lump sum from the cell company and you'll never actually be able to buy the property as the carrier has first dibs at whatever price you offer

my advice to you would be to avoid the hassle and find another property

before buying my home I had my sights on a property between two epa protected creeks... there was no septic on the property and the hassle of installing an epa approved one was beyond my budget... in the end I'm happy where I sit.
    Last edited by presence; 01-21-2017 at 03:29 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    what cell phone? If I had one it would not be verizon.. so many nightmare stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Here's whole site devoted to cel tower leases.

http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/
    thanks man.. I didn't search the right phrase

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's a built in revenue stream. What's the problem?
    Um.. uninvited and unwanted people on my land, whenever they want,
    loosing 2+ acres of productive land (and part of the barn it looks like),
    whatever current coming in and going out of the tower interfering with health
    and more than likely the endless offers from the company to "become part of the family"
    "solicitors will be shot on sight" signs would have to be every 8 feet around the property.
    It's rural Alabama.. house.. fantastic, location bites
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

what cell phone? If I had one it would not be verizon.. so many nightmare stories...

thanks man.. I didn't search the right phrase

Um.. uninvited and unwanted people on my land, whenever they want,
    loosing 2+ acres of productive land (and part of the barn it looks like),
    whatever current coming in and going out of the tower interfering with health
    and more than likely the endless offers from the company to "become part of the family"
    "solicitors will be shot on sight" signs would have to be every 8 feet around the property.
    It's rural Alabama.. house.. fantastic, location bites
    Up here they pay about $25,000 a year to the people they lease from. That's pretty productive.

If you're serious about the property, contact the owner looking to sell and have him send you the Verizon contract. He has to disclose it before he makes a sale.

But I think it pays the owner like $10k a year from what I've heard.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Up here they pay about $25,000 a year to the people they lease from. That's pretty productive.
    Crap , I did not spend that last yr .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Crap , I did not spend that last yr .
    Yeah I used to work for a cell tower installation firm. Farmers beg for the right to put them on their land. But the realtor should already have the details.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah I used to work for a cell tower installation firm. Farmers beg for the right to put them on their land. But the realtor should already have the details.
    did your company ever do requested uninstalls?