Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is anybody else watching the inauguration?

Took the day off to work my side biz and haven't stopped..now to class. Guess I'll try to catch it on
    Youtube.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great speech.

This forum has become useless. Nobody has anything interesting to say. Some soul searching needed here. I come here and feel like I am in a emotional liberal forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Great speech.

This forum has become useless. Nobody has anything interesting to say. Some soul searching needed here. I come here and feel like I am in a emotional liberal forum.
    About 1/3 of the speech was great - the "philosophical" part. Then came the specifics - Islam fear, yuge spending programs, mercantilism. But if those are your thing, then yeah, great speech. I have the same problem with this place as you, but it's because of trumpies whining if you point out that he's spewing the same neocon bullcrap with a "right-wing" America First™ spin. Lap up every last drop if you like. Not for me.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Well I'm watching in case something crazy happens.
    Does the fact that Trump's gesticulations are incoherent and repetitive count as crazy? Seriously, guy cycles through the same three gestures every sentence. Sometimes two or three times.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great speech.

Ironic since Trump is basically FDR. Government spending programs to boost the economy, government interference in private business decisions, economic protectionism, militarism, Trump has it all. Only Leftists voted for Trump.

Is anybody else watching the inauguration?

Nopes. Did anybody pull a William Henry Harrison and leave his jacket at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I listened to a significant portion of it at work. Whether it's the portions I agreed with, or the larger portion I didn't agree with, it's still all words. I will admit to an unfounded hope that, when they were all smooching his backside while he was signing executive orders (not the important sort), he would tell them he was going to sign them all with the same pen. Instead he let them "remind" him into using a different one for each item, so they could be given away as expensive little mementos.

Only time will tell what actually gets DONE in this administration, which is what is worrisome.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

watching the Barrett-Jackson car auction. I'm focused on the BOSS 302 Mustangs that are there...10 of them going on the block. So far the average price is 65k for one of these.

Jan2017

Just saw some inaugural ball footage . . .
    Trump and First Lady very slow dancin' together did kinda look more like a tycoon old man and daughter . . . just sayin'

Thank God it wasn't HillyBilly at least.

Fer' da' res' of us in the USA . . . enjoy inauguration day I guess.

I'll tell you what. This country has slipped so much that it's nice to have a President who actually gives a damn about Americans and our country and will put us first in trade deals, illegal immigration, etc. No American in their right mind would have a problem with this.

He's far from perfect and I would imagine we agree on some of these, but he sure beat the hell out of the alternatives. And yes, that includes Mr. TPP and his North American Union running mate.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'll tell you what. This country has slipped so much that it's nice to have a President who actually gives a damn about Americans and our country and will put us first in trade deals, illegal immigration, etc. No American in their right mind would have a problem with this.

He's far from perfect and I would imagine we agree on some of these, but he sure beat the hell out of the alternatives. And yes, that includes Mr. TPP and his North American Union running mate.

We'll see....

Talk is cheap.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    We'll see....

Talk is cheap.
    agreed..

its also risky bashing Trump this early, as one could end up with egg all over their faces...

yep...we'll see.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 01-21-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Great speech.

Lol, the irony.
    "The Patriarch"

Negotiating trade deals to favor Americans in previous administrations versus negotiating trade deals to favor Americans in this administration is an apples to apples comparison. Free trade and free markets would actually benefit Americans.

Great speech.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Free trade and free markets would actually benefit Americans.
    Free trade has been replaced by fair trade. Oh, and the government gets to tell you what fair means. You can't decide on your own.

Maybe fair prices will be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol, the irony.
    yep the quality of the replies make my mind go blank.

Free trade has been replaced by fair trade. Oh, and the government gets to tell you what fair means. You can't decide on your own.

Make the Iraq war fair, we should get their oil, its only fair.

“If we kept the oil, you probably wouldn’t have ISIS because that’s where they made their money in the first place, so we should have kept the oil, but, OK, maybe we’ll have another chance,”

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    About 1/3 of the speech was great - the "philosophical" part. Then came the specifics - Islam fear, yuge spending programs, mercantilism. But if those are your thing, then yeah, great speech. I have the same problem with this place as you, but it's because of trumpies whining if you point out that he's spewing the same neocon bullcrap with a "right-wing" America First™ spin. Lap up every last drop if you like. Not for me.
    There was something for every Trump supporters. If Trump had made a pure libertarian speech, the people that don't think like you would have been angry.
    If you don't like it, go hit the streets and change the mind of the people. Seeing from the way hardcore libertarians treat people who don't agree with them, that's a far bet.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was something for every Trump supporters. If Trump had made a pure libertarian speech, the people that don't think like you would have been angry.
    If you don't like it, go hit the streets and change the mind of the people. Seeing from the way hardcore libertarians treat people who don't agree with them, that's a far bet.
    A POTUS inauguration speech is not supposed to be for just the supporters, but for all Americans.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Actually it is about what will be good for Donald. Reminds me of an old SNL bit with Al Franken. Substitute "Donald Trump".

Jane Curtin: Well, the 1970's are in their final month, and with some thoughts on this decade and the one we're about to enter, here's Weekend Update's Social Sciences Editor Al Franken.

Al Franken: Thank you, Jane. Well, the "me" decade is almost over, and good riddance, and far as I'm concerned. The 70's were simply 10 years of people thinking of nothing but themselves. No wonder we were unable to get together and solve any of the many serious problems facing our nation. Oh sure, some people did do some positive things in the 70's - like jogging - but always for the wrong reasons, for their own selfish, personal benefit. Well, I believe the 80's are gonna have to be different. I think that people are going to stop thinking about themselves, and start thinking about me, Al Franken. That's right. I believe we're entering what I like to call the Al Franken Decade. Oh, for me, Al Franken, the 80's will be pretty much the same as the 70's. I'll still be thinking of me, Al Franken. But for you, you'll be thinking more about how things affect me, Al Franken. When you see a news report, you'll be thinking, "I wonder what Al Franken thinks about this thing?", "I wonder how this inflation thing is hurting Al Franken?" And you women will be thinking, "What can I wear that will please Al Franken?", or "What can I not wear?" You know, I know a lot of you out there are thinking, "Why Al Franken?" Well, because I thought of it, and I'm on TV, so I've already gotten the jump on you. So, I say let's leave behind the fragmented, selfish 70's, and go into the 80's with a unity and purpose. That's what I think. I'm Al Franken. Jane?

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Al. That's the news. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

I'm thinking you should look for a other cause of your affliction.
    "The Patriarch"

Not sure I get you, "Count." You are all for fair trade and government intervention. Please explain.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Why WHATEVER would we do without Il Duce?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Negotiating trade deals to favor Americans in previous administrations versus negotiating trade deals to favor Americans in this administration is an apples to apples comparison. Free trade and free markets would actually benefit Americans.
    Free trade and free markets can only exist after one ton of regulations are ripped out. Of course you realize what we have now is far from free trade. Or maybe you don't.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post

Why WHATEVER would we do without Il Duce?
    Oh looky, Pierz knows how to cut-and-paste. Impressive.
    ================

i see an opportunity for you. Instead of whining like a little child, why don't you show the audience how smart you are...

you're welcome.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123