Thread: Nominee To Head DHS Has Never Heard Of U.S. Indefinite Detention Law

Nominee To Head DHS Has Never Heard Of U.S. Indefinite Detention Law

John Kelly says this at 2:02 in the video. This is surreal to me. Mind boggling. More significantly, why isn't this a huge story? Why didn't the Dems try to embarrass Trump with this?

Thoughts?

Last edited by anaconda; 01-17-2017 at 02:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    John Kelly says this at 2:02 in the video. This is surreal to me. Mind boggling. More significantly, why isn't this a huge story? Why didn't the Dems try to embarrass Trump with this?

Thoughts?

Thoughts..
    This crap is perfectly acceptable to democrats who believe, if I'm not mistaken, that:

Man is flawed, therefore to help and protect the flawed man, power must be centralized and directed by flawed men, who are prompted to do so by mobs of other flawed men.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Judging from what I hear in other hearings, it would seem most Democrats are not into actual legislation. They are more into posturing and voting themselves more money.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Seems almost like hypothetically finding out that an Attorney General nominee had never heard of Miranda Rights or something.

Well,,, at least he disagrees with it..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well,,, at least he disagrees with it..
    This monumental gaffe seems to have flown under the MSM radar.

This monumental gaffe seems to have flown under the MSM radar.
    Radar? They have a radar?

Thoughts?
    Doesn't fit any of their agendas. There is no propaganda initiative to file it under.

Now if he had never heard of global warming, #BLM, Aleppo, Hamas or Crimea, then they could build it up into a controversy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about..

There's no difference between Dems and GOP, and everyone saying otherwise is either lying or the poor, sad victim of the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Doesn't fit any of their agendas. There is no propaganda initiative to file it under.

Now if he had never heard of global warming, #BLM, Aleppo, Hamas or Crimea, then they could build it up into a controversy.
    Dems could charge that Trump appointed an incompetent imbecile, whether he actually is or not. And that this reflects poorly on Trump's judgement. Or maybe John Kelly was doing Andy Kaufman style performance art and was only pretending not to know. That would be super cool, next-level type stuff.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-17-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Dems could charge that Trump appointed an incompetent imbecile, whether he actually is or not. And that this reflects poorly on Trump's judgement. Or maybe John Kelly was doing Andy Kaufman style performance art and was only pretending not to know. That would be super cool, next-level type stuff.
    Do you have more than one account on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do you have more than one account on this site?
    Negative. Have I unwittingly plagiarized someone's style?

So, my cynicism has me wondering if he's just playing like he's ignorant on this subject, or is he sincerely unaware?
    Hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    So, my cynicism has me wondering if he's just playing like he's ignorant on this subject, or is he sincerely unaware?
    Hard to tell.
    I think he sincerely is at least to a point where he does not want to put a foot in his mouth. Ignorance is bliss.

Bump for nominee never heard of indefinite detention. LOL

Or he is merely demonstrating he is not a government tick, and has proven executive experience. It's not like Trump's nominees have any kind of need to be in government.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Or he is merely demonstrating he is not a government tick, and has proven executive experience. It's not like Trump's nominees have any kind of need to be in government.
    What type of vigilant citizen does not know about indefinite detention? He has failed as a citizen.

A lot of people don't know about it, especially if they have been busy about their own lives and running businesses.
    #NashvilleStrong

Just yesterday I ran into someone who didn't know that taxation is theft. Not everyone is plugged into Liberty sites and I can excuse them for not knowing about indefinite detention. It certainly has not been something that has been hammered into everyone's head.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Not everyone is plugged into Liberty sites and I can excuse them for not knowing about indefinite detention. It certainly has not been something that has been hammered into everyone's head.
    It was an extremely widely circulated news story. Lots of common people know about it. Should be a no brainer for a cabinet nominee.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-19-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Just yesterday I ran into someone who didn't know that taxation is theft.
    CNN, Fox, and MSNBC did not repeatedly run a story that "taxation is theft." They did, however, saturate the media with the story of Obama signing the indefinite detention law.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-19-2017 at 10:38 PM.