Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judge Napolitano meets with Trump for 2nd time to discuss Supreme Court

Judge Napolitano meets with Trump for 2nd time to discuss Supreme Court (video added)

Last edited by jct74; 01-19-2017 at 10:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    +1776

Maybe he is just going there to pay his rent?

The Judge talks about his meeting today:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5285205238001
    Last edited by jct74; 01-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Judge says he also talked about the inauguration, here's the full segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_zis6qA1Y

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    In Jesus name we pray.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

As much as folks here can't say enough bad about Trump, I am impressed that he has surrounded himself with wise, liberty-minded people. To call Judge Napolitano for another meeting is intriguing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

If Judge Nap has an influence on the next Supreme Court pick, that is a win for liberty.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    If Judge Nap has an influence on the next Supreme Court pick, that is a win for liberty.
    His SCOTUS pick will come from Heritage.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Just having him invited to talk, about anything regarding government, is a win.

Outside of Randal, that is more than any other members of the 2016 GOP clown show would have been willing to do.

One more reason why I am now in "Cautious Optimism" mode WRT to Trump.

Shepard Smith is about to talk to Judge Nap - "next" he said (3:33 pm eastern)

update:
    Some of the things they talked about - The process of finding a judge that thinks like Scalia.
    Judge Nap says he doesn't know if he's on the list, but he expects there will be an announcment within two weeks. Also discussed economic regulations and how they come from unelected agencies who act as "lawmaker, law giver, law enforcer and judge" all in the same agency. Said Trump's mood was "ebullient". Trump asked him which previous presidents and had the most influence on the court - Judge said Nixon, and even moreso, FDR who appointed two of his friends.
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-17-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Maybe he is just going there to pay his rent?
    LOL with small bills! But seriously, this seems like great news. Trump must have been very impressed with their last meeting. No surprise.

Serious question for y'all: Does this mean that Judge Nap is thought very highly of by Ivanka and Jared?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Shepard Smith is about to talk to Judge Nap - "next" he said (3:33 pm eastern)

update:
    Some of the things they talked about - The process of finding a judge that thinks like Scalia.
    Judge Nap says he doesn't know if he's on the list, but he expects there will be an announcment within two weeks. Also discussed economic regulations and how they come from unelected agencies who act as "lawmaker, law giver, law enforcer and judge" all in the same agency.
    +rep. That was a great interview. Went from about 3:40 to the end of the show, through 2 commercial breaks. I heard that as well, Judge declined to say whether he was under consideration or not. He also said there is one person being considered who is not on the list that has been made public. Hopefully someone puts up the tube.
    Last edited by jct74; 01-17-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    One more reason why I am now in "Cautious Optimism" mode WRT to Trump.
    I could see that but... I'm still here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	5554

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    As much as folks here can't say enough bad about Trump, I am impressed that he has surrounded himself with wise, liberty-minded people. To call Judge Napolitano for another meeting is intriguing.
    He's got quite a mixed bag. No doubt we'll be seeing one of the most schizophrenic administrations in history, lol.

I'm just surprised Trump actually asked serious questions. It sounds like their conversation was a bit deeper than just talking about the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Trump is an educated man. My guess is the judge would not have accepted another invitation if the first meeting did not go well.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Trump had two meetings with several people (e.g., Tillerson) whom he then went on to hire. Nap is now in that company, so let's see what happens.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wonder if Hillary or Jeb would be talking to Napolitano about court nominations?
    Talk is cheap, the question is whether any of this talk is going to amount to anything. Remember he also had 2 long talks with Romney but nothing came off it.

I doubt this is anything other than a photo op to the liberty wing of american politics but just like the elections, I hope that I am wrong again.

The fact that he had another meeting with Judge Napolitano is a great thing which I frankly never thought I would see if you asked me a year ago.

Every true Patriot would agree that the Judge is a defender of our rights.

That Trump sees this and acknowledges it is a great thing for our rule of Law in this country

Do I think he will nominate him for the Supreme Court? No.

But Trump has continued to surprise me, so who knows.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is proving himself to be a True Patriot© and a Great American®

Judge nap in the Supreme Court and I start to believe in MAGA because that would be a awesome step in the right direction.

Not getting my hopes up, just watching and waiting.
    No - No - No - No

Holy $#@!ing $#@! if true.

ETA:

The Judge didnt answer whether he was on the list.

Nor does he appear on the list:

http://www.businessinsider.com/presi...eme-court-list

Its still nice to know that Trump is turning to the Judge for advice, awesome actually, but it doesnt seem like the Judge will be nominated.
    Last edited by unknown; 01-17-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    True that. I wonder how many times Hillary would've invited the Judge for a conversation, and if so, would he have walked out of the building or been carried out?
    "The Patriarch"

I watched the video. I must say it sounds really encouraging. Even commented saying just that. Maybe Trump will continue to look to the Judge for advice, in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all. But IMO he won't nominate him.
    "The Patriarch"

SCOTUS really is the main thing as far as what I'm personally interested in changing. So this is particularly encouraging.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast