Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the secret for sustained weight loss?

What is the secret for sustained weight loss?

I couldn't help but notice Judge Napolitano. He used to be pretty heavy then got very trim and today I see him looking heavier again. Are some people just destined to be fat?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is the secret for sustained weight loss?
    Exercise, illness or amphetamines.

Simple economics. If your income exceeds your outgo, you will save.

If only there were a way to institute fractional reserve dieting. Then, we'd all be starving! Nothing but a bunch of calorie-debt slaves.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I would say 80% of weight loss is diet. Exercise will make you look better but you don't have to exercise to lose weight.

As far as Judge Nap, I don't know. Could be illness, could be diet, could be stress...I think some people are genetically disposed to be heavier and will struggle with it their whole lives. Some people just love to eat. Mr Animal is like that. He says he lives to eat and I eat to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I would say 80% of weight loss is diet. Exercise will make you look better but you don't have to exercise to lose weight.

As far as Judge Nap, I don't know. Could be illness, could be diet, could be stress...I think some people are genetically disposed to be heavier and will struggle with it their whole lives. Some people just love to eat. Mr Animal is like that. He says he lives to eat and I eat to live.
    Given modern 'foodstuffs' I can give diet a nod but as little as 40 years ago I wouldn't have...

'Twas common to have a rasher or two of bacon with 1/2 a dozen eggs, milk and biscuits before heading out in the morning...

A couple sandwiches and tea or beer for lunch and then a "healthy" supper with desert.....

Then came processed food...

Here's a 'rasher'

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Given modern 'foodstuffs' I can give diet a nod but as little as 40 years ago I wouldn't have...
    'Twas common to have a rasher or two of bacon with 1/2 a dozen eggs, milk and biscuits before heading out in the morning...

A couple sandwiches and tea or beer for lunch and then a "healthy" supper with desert.....

Here's a 'rasher'
    And I think soda consumption has a lot to do with that, too. We rarely got soda when I was growing up - Hell, we rarely even got Kool-Aid. We had water and sweet tea at meals. Processed foods? Aside from a big can of Charles chips ('member those?) occasionally in the summer for camping at the lake, we didn't have anything like that in our house on a regular basis. I also think people do a lot of mindless eating. We ate at mealtime and if you missed dinner, you went hungry, cooked yourself something, or ate a piece of fruit or a tomato. That's it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Sustained weight changes requires sustained lifestyle changes. If you go on a diet and exercise program and lose weight but then when you hit your goal go back to what you were doing (and not doing like exercising) before, the weight will come back. And each diet cycle slows your metabolism a bit more so the next weight loss becomes harder.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sustained weight changes requires sustained lifestyle changes. If you go on a diet and exercise program and lose weight but then when you hit your goal go back to what you were doing (and not doing like exercising) before, the weight will come back. And each diet cycle slows your metabolism a bit more so the next weight loss becomes harder.
    I've also read the longer you go at a certain weight, the harder it is to lose. Your body creates a set point and it strives to stay at that weight.

The term "set point" is used to describe the weight at which your body likes to be and you stay there with little effort. Maybe you've lost 15 or 20 pounds in the past, only to gain it all back after a few months. And what do you know, your weight shoots back up quickly only to hover around this specific number with ease!
    http://www.prevention.com/weight-los...t-point-weight

Do you agree the judge has put some of that weight back on? Logically after losing that much, it seem reasonable to be a priority to keep it off. Easier to keep it off than lose it. Might be addiction.

It's really $#@!in easy. Restrict carb intake. Under 80g per day you will lose weight quick. 100g per day or less you will lose weight slower.

I dare somebody to try and eat 60g of carbs or less per day for 2 weeks and gain weight. You can't do it. You will lose weight, period. I don't care if you sit in one of those poop chairs from Idiocracy and watch tv all day and don't move, you will still lose weight if you eat less than 60g of carbs per day, you can eat whatever else you want, eat sticks of butter for all I care, you will lose weight.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Do you agree the judge has put some of that weight back on? Logically after losing that much, it seem reasonable to be a priority to keep it off. Easier to keep it off than lose it. Might be addiction.
    He restricted his carb intake and lost weight, then he decided he likes $#@!in bruschetta and pasta too much.

He looks "ok" to me. Looks like he is able to keep his weight under control, but doesn't have the desire to be super skinny.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes but he was way thinner a while ago yes?

I couldn't help but notice Judge Napolitano. He used to be pretty heavy then got very trim and today I see him looking heavier again. Are some people just destined to be fat?
    We live in a very toxic environment. Weight gain has a lot to do with it.

5 Surprising Factors That Make You Pack on Pounds
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...s-obesity.aspx

What Makes Us Fat?
    http://www.mensjournal.com/expert-ad...se-weight-gain

How Your Body Gets Rid of Toxins Naturally
    http://myscienceacademy.org/2012/09/...ins-naturally/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yes but he was way thinner a while ago yes?
    Hmm, I guess read my post again more slowly? I'll add in a couple lines to make it more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He restricted his carb intake and lost weight, then he decided he likes $#@!in bruschetta and pasta too much [and gained some back].

He looks "ok" to me. [Happy middle ground, for him.] Looks like he is able to keep his weight under control, but doesn't have the desire to be super skinny.

Here's a 'rasher'

Jesus Christ, if one ate 6 eggs, harsh brown and bacon in the morning, they would be fat as fvck. The reason why people where skinner 40 yrs ago is because they did not have the food abundance we have today. Also they had to use more calories to do basic every day work than we do today.

The truth is that the aristocrats who had plentiful amount of calories(not as plentiful as the everyday man today has) was just as obese as the average modern obese person. Processed food plays a small role with excess amount of sodium used in preserving the food but overall, it is all about the amount of calories you ingest vs the amount you burn out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's really $#@!in easy. Restrict carb intake. Under 80g per day you will lose weight quick. 100g per day or less you will lose weight slower.

I dare somebody to try and eat 60g of carbs or less per day for 2 weeks and gain weight. You can't do it. You will lose weight, period. I don't care if you sit in one of those poop chairs from Idiocracy and watch tv all day and don't move, you will still lose weight if you eat less than 60g of carbs per day, you can eat whatever else you want, eat sticks of butter for all I care, you will lose weight.
    BS. Carbs are not the enemy. I'm amazed at how many people on the site have fallen for the Paleo anti-carb nonsense. For starters, "carbs" is a vague term...carbs can mean cookies, candy and junk food, or it can mean heathy vegetables and fruits. So right off the bat, it's deceptive to say that carbs are bad.

Zippy was right when he said that being fat stems from a wrong lifestyle, which starts with a wrong mindset. Eating the standard American diet (which is horrible) not exercising, and not really caring about your health is what causes people to be fat. That's why there are so many fat people in America. Too much fast food, too much meat, dairy, processed food and junk food.

Don't worry about carbs, worry about the type of food that you're eating.

Just to add...my diet has always included a lot of carbs (even before I went plant-based), and I've always been thin or at the right weight for my height. In the past, it was probably because I had a high metabolism. But now it's because I eat healthy, even though I eat a high carb diet.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-17-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Jesus Christ, if one ate 6 eggs, harsh brown and bacon in the morning, they would be fat as fvck. The reason why people where skinner 40 yrs ago is because they did not have the food abundance we have today. Also they had to use more calories to do basic every day work than we do today.

The truth is that the aristocrats who had plentiful amount of calories(not as plentiful as the everyday man today has) was just as obese as the average modern obese person. Processed food plays a small role with excess amount of sodium used in preserving the food but overall, it is all about the amount of calories you ingest vs the amount you burn out.
    As kids in the 60's (6 kids in our house) it was no problem going through 5-7# fried potatoes, 5-7# sausage, biscuits and gravy and over a gallon of milk just for breakfast.

Sunday dinner was 2 10# roasts, hams or a pair of turkeys plus all the fixin's and desert...

My mom is still under 100# and none of us kids are overweight by more than 10# and the youngest is late 40's...

None of us consume soda-pop and we consume very little processed food but we all eat sweets....

Oh...........Saturday was pizza night and there was always friends over but 30# of dough and a few gallons of sauce would generally not leave many leftovers....

Us kids would save our money, take spoons with us when we went to town and splurge on store bought ice-cream to eat in the store parking lot.

Jesus Christ, if one ate 6 eggs, harsh brown and bacon in the morning, they would be fat as fvck.
    Actually this is bull$#@!. If you ate 6 eggs and some bacon, you would barely have any room for hash browns.. Since hash browns is literally the only thing you listed that will cause you to gain weight, it depends on how much hash browns you eat. A small amount would be totally ok.

As far as the rest of the food, I would avoid eating bread as well... the biscuits, sandwiches and dessert is a little high in carbs but if you are working hard and active most of the day you will probably be trim still, but again it depends on the amount of carbs you eat, and when. Carbs at night is not as bad as carbs in the morning.

The reason why people where skinner 40 yrs ago is because they did not have the food abundance we have today. Also they had to use more calories to do basic every day work than we do today.

The reason people were skinnier 40 years ago is because we didn't have the whole anti-saturated fat campaign that came from government and government science that kicked into high gear in the late 70s, 80s and especially the 90s. They took good saturated fats out of foods and replaced them with vegetable oils and sugar. They told people to eat massive amounts of grains. Of course people are going to gain weight and be unhealthy. The government told them exactly how to do it.

$#@! counting calories.. Just concentrate on eating vegetables, fruit and wild or pastured meats - restrict carbs if you want to be healthy, restrict carbs heavily if you want to lose weight. Losing weight is literally the easiest thing in the world for anybody to do if they know the truth about carbs and want to change. You can eat as much food as you want, you just can't eat as much carbs as you want.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-17-2017 at 02:18 PM.

He restricted his carb intake and lost weight, then he decided he likes $#@!in bruschetta and pasta too much.
    Could easily be alcohol as well, wine, beer and liquor will pack the pounds back on. I know whenever I start to put weight back on its cuz I've been imbibing a bit too much.

As kids in the 60's (6 kids in our house) it was no problem going through 5-7# fried potatoes, 5-7# sausage, biscuits and gravy and over a gallon of milk just for breakfast.

Sunday dinner was 2 10# roasts, hams or a pair of turkeys plus all the fixin's and desert...

My mom is still under 100# and none of us kids are overweight by more than 10# and the youngest is late 40's...

None of us consume soda-pop and we consume very little processed food but we all eat sweets....

Oh...........Saturday was pizza night and there was always friends over but 30# of dough and a few gallons of sauce would generally not leave many leftovers....

Us kids would save our money, take spoons with us when we went to town and splurge on store bought ice-cream to eat in the store parking lot.
    I think you are one of the few very people who won the genetic lottery when it comes to weight gain. I am talking about the group of people who have the magical ability to consume more food than their body needs without gaining weight. The problem is that most people are not that lucky. The average person from any century would balloon in weight if they sustained the diet you described for any meaningful amount of time.

The problem with processed food is that they are usually made with simpler forms of carbs and they what they are preserved with sodium which excess amount is not good for you. You are a lucky man, just hope you passed that gene on cos it is very valuable in this age.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    BS. Carbs are not the enemy. I'm amazed at how many people on the site have fallen for the Paleo anti-carb nonsense. For starters, "carbs" is a vague term...carbs can mean cookies, candy and junk food, or it can mean heathy vegetables and fruits. So right off the bat, it's deceptive to say that carbs are bad.
    lol.. you don't listen very well when you are reading. It's like you read one thing and completely ignore the rest. I never said to completely avoid carbs, I just said to restrict carb intake. Non-starchy veggies are very low carb, you can eat as much as you want and should eat a lot of them. In fact, when I say count carbs, you don't even have to count the carbs in the non-strachy veggies they have so much fiber their net carbs are usually negative. You should eat moderate amounts of fruit and small amounts of starchy veggies. There is NO reason to eat any more carbs than that. There is no good reason to eat grains. There is little reason to legumes. You can eat them if you want, if you are active you can work them off, but it's not optimal for health. They are good in times of emergency or famine.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Zippy was right when he said that being fat stems from a wrong lifestyle, which starts with a wrong mindset. Eating the standard American diet (which is horrible) not exercising, and not really caring about your health is what causes people to be fat. That's why there are so many fat people in America. Too much fast food, too much meat, dairy, processed food and junk food.

Don't worry about carbs, worry about the type of food that you're eating.
    Ok, when you say "zippy is right" there is a VERY GOOD chance you are wrong. If you have a good paleo diet, you WILL lose weight whether or not you are active, trust me. Like I said, try and keep your diet under 60g of carbs per day and gain weight. Be as innactive as you want, you will not gain weight. It just won't happen, PERIOD. It is impossible to gain weight, and you will in fact lose a lot of fat if you keep your carb intake under 60g per day. Try it for 2 weeks, prove me wrong. You can't.

I've done all kinds of diets, I was mostly vegetarian for 10 years. My metabolism is naturally horrible, I was more than 60 lbs overweight before I became vegetarian (I was pretty active back then BEFORE I lost the weight) and eating a healthy vegetarian diet is largely responsible for why I originally lost the weight. But now guess what? I'm paleo now, and low carb paleo is ABSOLUTELY a better diet for longterm health than the vegetarian diet for many reasons. It has MUCH MUCH higher nutritional density, a broader range of nutrients and it is better for your metabolism. I lost 60+ lbs when I went vegetarian, but then I would go up and down 10+ lbs like a roller coaster. On the paleo diet, as long as I'm not eating a lot of carbs you can see my ribs, I am extremely trim, and like I said I naturally have a horrible metabolism. I eat as much food as I want. I can gorge on carbs for a day or two, i.e. holidays and not suffer at all as long as I go back to restricting carbs.

A good healthy vegetarian diet is superior to most people's diets, but it isn't perfect. The best diet is a low carb, nutrient dense diet paleo diet.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-17-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Actually this is bull$#@!. If you ate 6 eggs and some bacon, you would barely have any room for hash browns.. Since hash browns is literally the only thing you listed that will cause you to gain weight, it depends on how much hash browns you eat. A small amount would be totally ok.

As far as the rest of the food, I would avoid eating bread as well... the biscuits, sandwiches and dessert is a little high in carbs but if you are working hard and active most of the day you will probably be trim still, but again it depends on the amount of carbs you eat, and when. Carbs at night is not as bad as carbs in the morning.

The reason people were skinnier 40 years ago is because we didn't have the whole anti-saturated fat campaign that came from government and government science that kicked into high gear in the late 70s, 80s and especially the 90s. They took good saturated fats out of foods and replaced them with vegetable oils and sugar. They told people to eat massive amounts of grains. Of course people are going to gain weight and be unhealthy. The government told them exactly how to do it.

$#@! counting calories.. Just concentrate on eating vegetables, fruit and wild or pastured meats - restrict carbs if you want to be healthy, restrict carbs heavily if you want to lose weight. Losing weight is literally the easiest thing in the world for anybody to do if they know the truth about carbs and want to change. You can eat as much food as you want, you just can't eat as much carbs as you want.
    Wait a minute, I thought he said harsher like in hash potatoes. So what the hell is a rasher? I honestly thought it was something made from potatoes. Oh well, we would wait for him to answer to see if they avoided carbs with their diet.

You also said "fvck carb counting" and then went ahead to list strategies of lowering ones calories like eating more calorie dense food like fruits and vegetables. Btw, carbs especially sucrose is very addictive. I don't know if its ever ok to suggest getting off an addictive substance is very easy.

Just saying

This $#@! here will solve all your problems (unless you are allergic to nuts):

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought some of that a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. Is it yummy?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This $#@! here will solve all your problems (unless you are allergic to nuts):

I think you are one of the few very people who won the genetic lottery when it comes to weight gain. I am talking about the group of people who have the magical ability to consume more food than their body needs without gaining weight. The problem is that most people are not that lucky. The average person from any century would balloon in weight if they sustained the diet you described for any meaningful amount of time.

The problem with processed food is that they are usually made with simpler forms of carbs and they what they are preserved with sodium which excess amount is not good for you. You are a lucky man, just hope you passed that gene on cos it is very valuable in this age.

I was probably born with one of the worst metabolisms of anybody on this forum. I probably was more overweight when I was 12 years old than anybody else on this forum.

$#@! the genetic lottery.

You can actually CHANGE your metabolism and make it go fast. My metablism is fast as $#@! now, even though it was horrible man years ago. Just heavily restrict your carb intake. The reason a person's metabolism is slow is because they have $#@!ty insulin resistance, and that comes from consuming too many carbs over a long period of time. Good news is you can reverse it by cutting your carb intake, and over time your insulin resistance will improve and you won't have the crazy insulin spikes when you do eat carbs and your body won't produce so much body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I bought some of that a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. Is it yummy?
    I use it for this:

I don't think their Vitamin A breakdown is accurate, most of it comes from the goji berries, but the data on cronometer is different than the label.
    Last edited by CPUd; 01-17-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I don't recall many fat kids in school either, of course the school was small and its population rural, but using personal experience as a metric the other families ate similar diets too....

I think todays foodstuffs are different, at least what most folks buy at the store....

Wait a minute, I thought he said harsher like in hash potatoes. So what the hell is a rasher? I honestly thought it was something made from potatoes. Oh well, we would wait for him to answer to see if they avoided carbs with their diet.
    He said he ate eggs, bacon and biscuits - you said he ate eggs, bacon and hash browns - biscuits are starchy and have a lot of carbs, hash browns are starchy and have a lot of carbs. Hash browns are technically paleo, but starchy tubers should be eaten in moderation. Biscuits should be avoided, except for an occasional treat. My point was you can eat all the eggs and bacon you want, although for bacon it should be no nitrate bacon that is from pastured animals if you are going to consume a lot.

Then he said he ate sandwiches (which have bread) and dessert (which is usually high in carbs). Again, you can eat more carbs if you are active, but it isn't optimal for health - but you can work carbs off and be trim. So he wasn't eating a great diet, but it was ok, and he was very active.

You also said "fvck carb counting" and then went ahead to list strategies of lowering ones calories like eating more calorie dense food like fruits and vegetables. Btw, carbs especially sucrose is very addictive. I don't know if its ever ok to suggest getting off an addictive substance is very easy.

Just saying
    Uh, no, I said $#@! CALORIE counting. Carbs are not calories. I say don't worry about calories at all. Count your carbs, that is all, it's very simple to lose weight, keep your carbs under 80g per day. Most people eat 200-400g of carbs per day, I'm saying cut that at least in half and eat more vegetables and pastured meats, less grains, sugars and starches.

lol.. you don't listen very well when you are reading. It's like you read one thing and completely ignore the rest. I never said to completely avoid carbs, I just said to restrict carb intake. Non-starchy veggies are very low carb, you can eat as much as you want and should eat a lot of them. In fact, when I say count carbs, you don't even have to count the carbs in the non-strachy veggies they have so much fiber their net carbs are usually negative. You should eat moderate amounts of fruit and small amounts of starchy veggies. There is NO reason to eat any more carbs than that. There is no good reason to eat grains. There is little reason to legumes. You can eat them if you want, if you are active you can work them off, but it's not optimal for health. They are good in times of emergency or famine.
    I read your post and I heard you, and I stand by what I said. You do realize that rice is the staple food for more than half of the worlds population? I don't see too many fat Asians, but I do see a lot of fat Americans.

When I talked about healthy carbs, I was not talking only about non-starchy vegetables. There's nothing wrong with potatoes, rice, oatmeal etc. In fact since I started eating more healthy carbs, I've never been healthier.

Ok, when you say "zippy is right" there is a VERY GOOD chance you are wrong. If you have a good paleo diet, you WILL lose weight whether or not you are active, trust me. Like I said, try and keep your diet under 60g of carbs per day and gain weight. Be as innactive as you want, you will not gain weight. It just won't happen, PERIOD. It is impossible to gain weight, and you will in fact lose a lot of fat if you keep your carb intake under 60g per day. Try it for 2 weeks, prove me wrong. You can't.

I've done all kinds of diets, I was mostly vegetarian for 10 years. My metabolism is naturally horrible, I was more than 60 lbs overweight before I became vegetarian (I was pretty active back then BEFORE I lost the weight) and eating a healthy vegetarian diet is largely responsible for why I originally lost the weight. But now guess what? I'm paleo now, and low carb paleo is ABSOLUTELY a better diet for longterm health than the vegetarian diet for many reasons. It has MUCH MUCH higher nutritional density, a broader range of nutrients and it is better for your metabolism. I lost 60+ lbs when I went vegetarian, but then I would go up and down 10+ lbs like a roller coaster. On the paleo diet, as long as I'm not eating a lot of carbs you can see my ribs, I am extremely trim, and like I said I naturally have a horrible metabolism.

A good healthy vegetarian diet is superior to most people's diets, but it isn't perfect. The best diet is a low carb, nutrient dense diet paleo diet.
    That may be your experience, but there are tons of people who have a very different experience with a high carb diet... as I said, most of the worlds population. I don't want to get into a debate about eating meat right now, but there's no nutritional reason to eat meat /dairy. The main reason people eat meat is for their tastebuds and habit/tradition.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast