View Poll Results: Should John Lewis be immune from criticism?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 4.55%
  • No

21 95.45%
  • Not sure/other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump : John Lewis's district in horrible shape, crime infested

Trump : John Lewis's district in horrible shape, crime infested

Should John Lewis be immune from criticism?
    Although all 4 of the 5 Iraq War Media Pentagon (NYT, WaPo, CNN, NBC) except one :

Fox News
    are defending controversial partisan hack John Lewis and attacking controversial Trump, Trumpster unsurprisingly is showing no signs of backing down.

Related

Suspected War Criminals enabler John Lewis to skip inauguration, says Trump not a 'legitimate' president

New Obama HS Chief: MLK would love our wars!
    A top Pentagon official says the antiwar civil rights leader would support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

September 5, 2016
    Congressional Black Caucus: Deep in the Israel Lobby’s Pocket

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Taking his message directly to the people without the filter of the media and handlers. Awesome!

Lewis went on TV and spouted off, so he is in no way immune to criticism.

Should Trump respond? It seems to have helped him so far, not hurt him, so there is no incentive for him to stop his Twitter insult contests.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Taking his message directly to the people without the filter of the media and handlers. Awesome!
    Perhaps, but bypassing media like this so blatantly could also be very dangerous for credibility of media and even livelihood.

When I tried to look up a news link to post here, could not find a single news reporting his exact statement , all dozen plus news reports were some sort of "rebuttal' citing parts of his statements with headlines like "Trump should have googled John Lewis before attacking him" etc. Which is fine if someone is interested in media's opinions but there should also be option for people to see political figures statements exactly as they say it without excessive editorializing of media.

I've become cynical about the whole civil rights movement these days. I think around 1% is about protecting true rights and the other 99% is about getting free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Lewis went on TV and spouted off, so he is in no way immune to criticism.

Should Trump respond? It seems to have helped him so far, not hurt him, so there is no incentive for him to stop his Twitter insult contests.
    Valid point.
    But most likely he was "sent" there as part of a broader campaign against Trump after Russia, Obamacare repeal and other ordeals Trump has brought on us.
    JL is another tool in the tool box... but it is so frustrating that Trump seems almost un-fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I've become cynical about the whole civil rights movement these days. I think around 1% is about protecting true rights and the other 99% is about getting free stuff.
    You are so cynical. Money do not grow on trees, you have to find an angle and exploit it. How else do you make these losers give up their hard "earned" cash?

https://twitter.com/johnlewis/status/820789992574349312
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think both Trump and Lewis are fools and con men. Criticize away.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think both Trump and Lewis are fools and con men. Criticize away.
    Ahhhh, the comfortable position of knowing everybody is full of it. What does it make you?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/johnlewis/status/820789992574349312

Wrong John Lewis?

But is the right John Lewis "racist" or unknowingly a puppet of "racist" lobbies?
    Or you will take the 5th on this controversial question.

Israel Is a Racist Country. Take It From Me, an Ethiopian Israeli

Lewis signed Hoyer-Cantor letter to Secy. Clinton
    Dear Secretary Clinton:
    We are writing to reaffirm our commitment to the unbreakable bond that exists between our country and the State of Israel and to express to you our deep concern over recent tension. In every important relationship, there will be occasional misunderstandings and conflicts.
    Our valuable bilateral relationship with Israel needs and deserves constant reinforcement. As the Vice-President said during his recent visit to Israel: "Progress occurs in the Middle East when everyone knows there is simply no space between the U.S. and Israel when it comes to security, none. No space." Steadfast American backing has helped lead to Israeli peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan. And American involvement continues to be critical to the effort to achieve peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/820593956199301120
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

America doesn't need another race-hustler. Happy MLK day assshole.

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/sta...42489527844865

An entire life time, built around 'that one terrible thing' that members of his future party did to him.
    Truth?
    He made millions while his own district went into the $#@!ter.

"Frailty is evil's bitch, and disaster follows weakness wherever it goes.
    Pity is a parasite.
    Stand the $#@! up and deal with the problems rather than doting over the vanquished."

He could have done so much more than simply enabling more 'victims' and blamers.
    He reminds me of a 'black' John McCain always 'leaning' on that
    'one moment'.
    For McCain it was the 'war hero' thing...
    for Lewis it was getting 'beat up' 53 years ago.
    meh.

===============
    Last edited by goldenequity; 01-16-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    An entire life time, built around 'that one terrible thing' that members of his future party did to him.
    Truth?

Pity is a parasite.
    Stand the $#@! up and deal with the problems rather than doting over the vanquished."

He could have done so much more than simply enabling more 'victims' and blamers.
    'one moment'.
    meh.
    One moment?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Truth?

Pity is a parasite.

'one moment'.
    meh.

===============

Rand Paul: John Lewis Isn’t Immune From Criticism Because He’s A Civil Rights Icon
    Sacred cows.

Rand Paul: John Lewis Isn’t Immune From Criticism Because He’s A Civil Rights Icon

Jake Tapper had Rand Paul on to discuss his healthcare plan,
    but instead tried to bait Paul into condemning Trump
    because John Lewis is a ‘civil rights icon.’

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/sta...42489527844865

It is tragic that he had to face discrimination few decades ago but being a "white bathroom use survivor" by no means give him a license to be an enabler/defender of horrific crimes and oppression of people of color today or to be a cheeleader of some the worst war criminals when it comes to heinous crimes against children of color. Today John Lewis acts like a despicable hypocrite, his conduct cannot be excused unless there is some legitimate mental health ground.
    This is what John Lewis defends :

Israeli Supreme Court upholds law allowing housing discrimination
    Annie Robbins on September 18, 2014
    http://mondoweiss.net/2014/09/allowi...-palestinians/

US taxpayers paid more to Israeli military budget than Israelis

Cornel West Calls Obama a 'War Criminal' That Kills Children
    ▶ 0:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HWy90_jSo
    Aug 4, 2014

It would have been out of line or in poor taste if Trump had been saying Lewis "should have done something" back then. That would be a much narrower debate to be able to have. This is akin to Hillary, however, deciding that some single case she helped out on turned out justly and harping on that the rest of her life. It has very little bearing on what's happening NOW, and what's within the given person's sphere of influence. Doing something good, or even multiple good somethings, does not make you immune from future criticism (especially when it's unrelated to the past good deed).

There was a time when this was common sense. You can respect someone for doing something you admire, and also fundamentally disagree with some other aspect of their life.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Atlanta hits back after Trump’s attack on Lewis

Residents of Rep. John Lewis’ Georgia congressional district are firing back over Donald Trump’s assertion that it is “crime-infested.” Meanwhile, the incoming White House chief of staff defended the president-elect’s attack on Lewis, which came after the civil rights leader questioned the legitimacy of Trump’s presidency.

“Atlanta to Trump: Wrong” blared the front-page headline published by the Atlanta Journal- Constitution on Sunday, a day after Trump tweeted that Lewis should “spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results.”

The paper pointed out that overall, crime is down in Atlanta, which ranked 14th in the nation for its rate of violent crime in 2015, according to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed was sharply critical of Trump’s attack on Lewis.

“John Lewis is an American hero & a national treasure. Period. Full stop,” Reed tweeted. “That PEOTUS Trump would attack Congressman Lewis on MLK Day weekend for ‘all talk … no action’ when he bled to actually ‘Make America Great’ is why far less than half the country supports him at the dawn of his presidency.”

In an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press” last week, Lewis said that the Russian government’s apparent interference with the U.S. election delegitimizes Trump’s victory.

“It’s going to be very difficult,” Lewis, who is boycotting Trump’s inauguration, told moderator Chuck Todd. “I don’t see this president-elect as a legitimate president.”

Reince Priebus, Trump’s incoming chief of staff, called Lewis’ comments “insane” and “wrong.”

“We need folks like John Lewis, and others, who I think have been champions of voter rights, to actually recognize the fact that Donald Trump was duly elected,” Priebus said on ABC’s “This Week With George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday. “He’s going to put his hand on the Bible in five days. And I think it’s incredibly disappointing, and I think it’s irresponsible, for people like himself to question the legitimacy of the next United States president. I think putting the United States down across the world is not something that a responsible person does.”

But President Obama’s chief of staff, Denis McDonough, told CNN’s “State of the Union” that he hopes that Trump is ready not only to reach out to Lewis “but pursue some of the policies that Mr. Lewis has literally fought, bled and gone to jail for over the course of his remarkable life.”

“That would be the kind of thing that would not only send a message to the American people that we’re prepared to work together, but would also send a message to the Russians that we are united,” McDonough said. “Their efforts to divide us, to weaken us, to advance their own interests, at the expense of ours, are going to fail.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-at...171644389.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Consider that most of these "civil rights icons" have never held a job, yet are worth millions.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Ahhhh, the comfortable position of knowing everybody is full of it. What does it make you?
    Where did that come from? I said Lewis and Trump are both con men in their own way. There are plenty of good politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You are so cynical. Money do not grow on trees, you have to find an angle and exploit it. How else do you make these losers give up their hard "earned" cash?
    Any "rights"-related organization evolves into this over time. Once you've achieved your short term goals, or can't progress further, there's nothing left to do. That means you have to add goals or change the ones you still have hanging around. If you admit that there's nothing left to do, you have no reason to exist at the level of popularity/notoriety that you enjoyed earlier. You'd be out of a job! So once women were integrated into the workforce and things got much more "gender neutral," NOW started becoming more and more insane with their stated goals. "Gay rights" groups got a lot of things normalized, but that would have been the end of the road, so now they are busy finding discrimination in every possible corner and painting it as the ultimate evil, while constantly adding more letters (remember when it was just LGBT? then LGBTQ? now it's up to LGBTIQ or LGBTQ+). Well, the same is true of "civil rights" groups (NAACP, etc.). In order to bring in money, you have to stay relevant, which means you have to be oppressed and offended.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    There are plenty of good politicians.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/820593956199301120
    Sales on John Lewis' memoir are up 800k? thats it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Sales on John Lewis' memoir are up 800k? thats it? lol
    800,000% is what is being alleged.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    800,000% is what is being alleged.
    Probably buyers by journalists.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Probably buyers by journalists.
    Or university sources. Guess what probably just became assigned reading, with extra credit if you buy on Amazon?

TARP slavery & bankster Jim Crow should've been ended for the minority of the individual.

Let's go down town John, and I'll show you some scarred people -of every color- currently digging through dumpsters -no thanks to your bankster "bravery".
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Should John Lewis be immune from criticism?
    Although all 4 of the 5 Iraq War Media Pentagon (NYT, WaPo, CNN, NBC) except one :

Fox News
    are defending controversial partisan hack John Lewis and attacking controversial Trump, Trumpster unsurprisingly is showing no signs of backing down.
    GO FOXNEWS GO TEAM RED GO NON PARTISAN NON HACK CONTROVERSIAL TRUMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast