Thread: After 6 years, I finally know what disease I have

After 6 years, I finally know what disease I have

Perhaps the title is a bit strongly worded, since what I have is more of a "condition", but nonetheless, I wanted to share this. It's kind of long, so if you're not into the tragic story of my life and rebirth, then you may not want to read this.

I had struggled for years to find out what was ailing me since September 2010 when it all began. I was running on a full scholarship at the University of Richmond when I got a slight cold before a cross country race one day. I noticed something a little "off" that I couldn't quite put my finger on during the race, like my heart was working harder than it needed to. I had run through several minor illnesses before that, but this one was different. Over the course of the season and the following year, I began to notice the globus sensation, or the feeling of a lump in the throat.

I was still running relatively well, keeping up with my teammates in practice, but I complained that this mystery illness was holding me back and I tried in vain to describe what was happening. Various doctor's visits were to no avail. Despite the fact that I was a star runner in high school and was keeping up with the team in college pretty well, I insisted that I could be running even faster if it weren't for these little annoying symptoms that developed over the course of the season. By the end of the season, I could hardly manage to run anywhere near what I was capable of. Despite this, I served as a good 4th or 5th man on the team that made our school's historic return to XC nationals for the first time since the 80s. I felt a mixture of elation and melancholy after that team victory. I knew I was sliding fast. Nationals was the worst race of my life. I felt so good and physically ready when I wasn't competing, but the second that gun went off and all the adrenaline rushed through me, I was dead in the water. My legs wouldn't move and I brought up the end of the team that day. I had lined up next to the likes of Matthew Centrowitz, now a world champion in the mile, hoping to actually compete with them. What I didn't realize was that I had a genetic disease and it had, for no particular reason, decided to rear its ugly head at that point in time, when I was 21 and a budding professional athlete. This claim is not without merit, mind you. My sister is actually a professional marathon runner and finished 7th at the US Marathon trials, missing out on her Olympic bid, but not by that much, especially in a stacked field. I could have been great.

Despite this drawback, I continued to try everything under the sun to get my energy back, to rid myself of that damn lump in my throat that reminded me something was STILL wrong with me. I continued to run, but the running was very laborious now. I had to work extremely hard just to keep my legs moving, and keeping up the rigorous training schedule I used to have was out of the question. Fast forward to senior year. My coach and I had a good relationship, both of us being country boys from West Virginia. We shared a bond and he took particular interest in me because I was really good at running up until this point. I had red-shirted the track season and spent all summer finding crackpot ways of healing myself, thinking I was being affected by electromagnetic fields and, convinced my mercury fillings were the problem, I spent good money to have them removed. I don't regret that, but the following year was one of the lowest points of my life.

I went into the year realizing that my attempts to cure myself had been futile and, despite having kept fit by still running all this time, I decided to not go to the XC camp that our team attended every year because I was simply too slow. I would hold everyone back. That was a tough decision. I grasped at every last straw that I could, trying to convince myself that I could salvage my running career somehow. I maintained a connection to the team, coming to practice and helping out, but knowing full well that it wasn't looking good for me. With no option left, I finally ended my participation in the sport. I had found some new friends and stayed out late drinking one night. We had a Sunday long run the next morning, but I was late, having woken up hung over. I decided it was as a good a time as any to write a tearful goodbye, forwarding the e-mail to my entire team as I sat at my desk, bawling my eyes out.

That was one of the hardest things I ever did. That year did not turn out well. I kept drinking, convinced I could find a life outside of running with my new friends, participating in all the treacherous, devious activities that my colleagues were without reservation because I no longer had to think about the effect on my running. I drank and partied and got into trouble. I even got kicked out of school for reasons I'm not prepared to disclose here. That finally ended my debauchery and the living nightmare I found myself in, surrounding myself with other miserable idiots I called friends.

After that episode, life finally cooled down and I was given some time to think about what had happened. I was depressed, miserable, living with my parents and doing a dead-end job. My new life's purpose was to connect myself to the world in a way that I never could as an out-of-touch, coddled, aspiring professional athlete. I drove a company car for a newspaper company for almost two years, interrupting it with a failed attempt to hold down a managerial job that I simply wasn't qualified for at a grocery store. I went back to the paper delivery job, where I drove long hours every night, sometimes sobbing from flashbacks of my college years and the failure of my chosen life path. I almost got a break when my boss quit and I was offered his position. This was it, I thought, I was finally going to move up in the world a little. It would have happened, if my boss hadn't suddenly decided, after doing his new job at the oil fields for two days, that he would return and they had no choice but to take him back and reject me, considering he had been with them for 35 years. During that time, I will never forget some of the conversations I had with my bosses, all older and wiser than me. They admired me for my reliability and my work ethic. It was after I failed to get that job that I finally gave up on all my pursuits at home and moved to China to find a job teaching English.

It should be noted that this has turned out to be a very good decision on my part. I now make more than I ever would have back home in rural West Virginia with a useless Political Science Degree, having changed schools and completed my degree while working. In the present day, I no longer muse over what I lost all those years ago, opting to see the positive side of what happened, noting that my athletics did get me a free college tuition, which has helped me not only to hold a degree, but to have it completely paid for and be debt free while making money. Life is good. All except for that haunting realization that something was still wrong with me and I hadn't been able to put my finger on it all those years.

Now I know. I have a condition called "myotonia" or "myotonic muscular dystrophy." It is, apparently, a rather mild form of what turns out to be a pretty well-known disease that I didn't know about because it didn't occur to the doctors based on the symptoms I was describing. Having described my symptoms online, though, I have found an entire community of people who have the exact same symptoms of me. I've learned that my "disease" is a genetic disorder for which the severity varies from case to case, with the congenital (from birth) ones being the most severe. It was clear that my case wasn't congenital or else I never would have been as competitive as I had been in running. This disease causes my muscles to seize up when tensed. In other words, I am able to voluntarily contract my muscles, but they then take several seconds to relax, meaning if I attempted to make any sudden, erratic movements such as taking off sprinting, bounding up a flight of stairs, or jumping over a hurdle, my muscles would almost immediately freeze up and I would fall over until my muscles could relax again, not unlike those "fainting goats" that you probably laughed at that got scared and took off running, then promptly flopped over because their legs seized up and stopped moving even as they attempted to escape whatever it was that scared them. Yes, this happens to humans, too, and it happens to me. Here is an example:

These are examples of the congenital form of myotonia, which is a bit more severe, but the symptoms perfectly match mine. I sometimes have difficulty going from standing or walking to running, from sitting to standing, walking up steps, loosening my grip on an object after I've grasped it, and it also affects my face, meaning I'm sometimes forced to hold a facial expression for several seconds against my will. I can cope with these things in daily life, but it absolutely prohibited the possibility of being a competitive athlete.

Now that I know, I am seeking to find a community online of people who have also experienced this and may not know why, as well as people who have it and know why. I want to find others like me, to know their stories and to find possible treatments or cures, some of which I've already found for myself, although I pine for a cure because I don't believe that this can happen to a person at 21 years old and not a thing can be done to reverse it. There was a time when I did not have this condition, and I hope, even against the odds, that I can achieve that mode of being once again.

My life is much more fulfilling now than it used to be, and I don't get depressed about it, nor do I well up when I talk about it anymore, as I once did. Still, I want to clear the air and to tell everyone about my struggles so that on the off chance that anyone might go through the same things that I did, they will know they are not crazy. This condition is probably not a big deal for people who are not professional athletes, but it practically ruined my life at the time, and that is indeed how I thought of it. I believed my life had been ruined.

Before you accuse me of self-diagnosing, it was not me who found the information. The name of this condition was given to me after I described my symptoms and it matched perfectly. It turns out it's a genetic disorder with, in my case, later onset. I discovered that I do, indeed, have this in my family on my father's side. My aunt and my grandmother both had it on my father's side, and my father suffered from balding and cataracts, two side effects along with a weird story about his college running days when he was also a star runner and told me this weird story about him "freezing up" at his nationals race. It is all very eerily similar to what happened to me, but I suppose not that surprising with the revelation of the genetic factor.

I suppose I should end this story with an appropriate clincher, but I can't really think of one. I really shouldn't be wasting my time writing things like this while I have work to do, but if you or anyone you know suffers from something like this, feel free to mention it and any treatments/cures you may have found that big pharma doesn't want you to know. Thanks for listening. In a way, I needed to vent about this because it has been affecting me for a long time. Even if I never solve it, at least I know.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best!

Have you ever checked into a selenium deficiency?

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Did you ever look into exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB)?

"many will present with decreased stamina, or difficulty in recovering from exertion compared to team members"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exer...hoconstriction
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm glad you seem to have had success tracking down your condition. I hate to hear it sidelined so promising an athlete. Keep us updated and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best!

Have you ever checked into a selenium deficiency?

I did see that. This is the first time I've ever even heard of this condition despite having it for so long, so I'm still checking things out. This opens up a whole new explanatory framework that I never had access to even though it was right at my fingertips. All I had to do was ask.

Thanks for the info, I will check into Selenium and let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did you ever look into exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB)?

"many will present with decreased stamina, or difficulty in recovering from exertion compared to team members"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exer...hoconstriction
    No, but that seems to be a vague description that doesn't really pinpoint my symptoms like what I saw in the videos did. When I saw it, I knew it was exactly what I had because I had experienced what I was seeing and I could distinguish every little detail about what they were going through. So thanks for the input, but I think I've found the problem and it doesn't merely have to do with "reduced stamina". There are more videos out there of how muscles in the face, hands, legs, etc freeze up when contracted and cannot relax. I've experienced these symptoms in all the same places and what I see in these videos is a mirror reflection of what I've been going through.

"Myotonia" is a specific physical thing. It sounds like they've determined it has a genetic component (and given what your family has said after the fact, there you go).

It might have been triggered by some kind of hormonal or chemical change.

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of our familial historians to figure out a lot of what's wrong. Best of luck with this.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post

I suppose I should end this story with an appropriate clincher, but I can't really think of one. I really shouldn't be wasting my time writing things like this while I have work to do, but if you or anyone you know suffers from something like this, feel free to mention it and any treatments/cures you may have found that big pharma doesn't want you to know. Thanks for listening. In a way, I needed to vent about this because it has been affecting me for a long time. Even if I never solve it, at least I know.
    Knowing will hopefully get you the help you need. Sorry for your troubles, Paul. Best of luck getting it under control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the literal medical meaning of dytrophy is deficiency of vital nutrients; often fetal malnutrition

I suspect @donnay is on to something with selenium supplementation... I'd do more research in that regard

the cure could be as simple as recognition of your state of malnourishment with regard to some vital nutrient (or group thereof) and feed yourself.

I can totally appreciate that.

I spent 4.5 years with a pretty severe case of BPPV (benign vertigo).
    Then I cured myself one day with a simple yoga exercise I found on youtube that put my ear crystals back where they belong.

dys·tro·phy
    ˈdistrəfē/
    noun
    noun: dystrophy; plural noun: dystrophies

Medicine

a disorder in which an organ or tissue of the body wastes away.

Medicine
      impaired nourishment of a bodily part.

Last edited by presence; 01-16-2017 at 07:17 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

No, but that seems to be a vague description that doesn't really pinpoint my symptoms like what I saw in the videos did. When I saw it, I knew it was exactly what I had because I had experienced what I was seeing and I could distinguish every little detail about what they were going through. So thanks for the input, but I think I've found the problem and it doesn't merely have to do with "reduced stamina". There are more videos out there of how muscles in the face, hands, legs, etc freeze up when contracted and cannot relax. I've experienced these symptoms in all the same places and what I see in these videos is a mirror reflection of what I've been going through.
    Well, it sounds like you have zeroed in on your specific issue.

The reason I asked is that being an athlete, it would be one of the things that might be checked by a sports doctor. There are more symptoms than "reduced stamina". They used to call it exercise-induced asthma, so it would have some symptoms similar to asthma, possibly including globus sensation, and the feeling that you were not performing as well as you could.

Signs and symptoms

It might be expected that people with E.I.B. would present with shortness of breath, and/or an elevated respiratory rate and wheezing, consistent with an asthma attack. However, many will present with decreased stamina, or difficulty in recovering from exertion compared to team members, or paroxysmal coughing from an irritable airway.[2] Similarly, examination may reveal wheezing and prolonged expiratory phase, or may be quite normal. Consequently, a potential for under-diagnosis exists. Measurement of airflow, such as peak expiratory flow rates, which can be done inexpensively on the track or sideline, may prove helpful.

Cause

While the potential triggering events for E.I.B. are well recognized, the underlying pathogenesis is poorly understood.[3] It usually occurs after at least several minutes of vigorous, aerobic activity, which increases oxygen demand to the point where breathing through the nose (nasal breathing) must be supplemented by mouth breathing. The resultant inhalation of air that has not been warmed and humidified by the nasal passages seems to generate increased blood flow to the linings of the bronchial tree, resulting in edema. Constriction of these small airways then follows, worsening the degree of obstruction to airflow. There is increasing evidence that the smooth muscle that lines the airways becomes progressively more sensitive to changes that occur as a result of injury to the airways from dehydration. The chemical mediators that provoke the muscle spasm appear to arise from mast cells.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, wow. Now possibly I know some things. Maybe not. When I was young I experienced these conditions and was diagnosed with asthma. I don't think it was ashtma t all now that I have seen the conditions. The "lump" in the back of the throat when in an intense situation. Didn't you say you experienced that? Followed by the inabilty of the muscle memory to follow through? I experienced this from what I remember the age of 6-19. I wasn't a sportsman like you. But, remembering, I was good on the short. I didn't seize up like a goat, but I joined the track team and bowed out after the first training session. I dunno. I've never been a long distance hauler and my breath was short when I was younger. It's the "lump in the throat" thing I'm kinda queing on.

I've decided to try some Selenium. Has anyone had experience with this? Does it help?

I'm just going to eat some Brazil nuts since those are supposed to have all the selenium anyone needs. I've heard of Dr. Wallach and apparently he has some expensive supplement program, but I'm not sure why that would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, wow. Now possibly I know some things. Maybe not. When I was young I experienced these conditions and was diagnosed with asthma. I don't think it was ashtma t all now that I have seen the conditions. The "lump" in the back of the throat when in an intense situation. Didn't you say you experienced that? Followed by the inabilty of the muscle memory to follow through? I experienced this from what I remember the age of 6-19. I wasn't a sportsman like you. But, remembering, I was good on the short. I didn't seize up like a goat, but I joined the track team and bowed out after the first training session. I dunno. I've never been a long distance hauler and my breath was short when I was younger. It's the "lump in the throat" thing I'm kinda queing on.
    Yeah, my globus sensation (lump in the throat) has been almost constant for 6 years ever since September 2010. I can almost nail it down to the day it started and it's been over 6 years since then. I also thought I had asthma and was on inhalers, but I'm also not so sure that was ever the problem. I used to have these weird heart palpatations when I was doing strenuous workouts. I could feel the "butterfly" feeling in my heart accompanied by weakness and it would come on kind of like an asthma attack, causing me to feel really strong heart palpatations and become fatigued easily. What's weird is I was usually fine. Once in a while, though, I would have a workout where I would experience this and I just kind of had to mark it off as a bad workout. Other days I felt strong and heart was beating normally. I just assumed it was asthma because I would get out of breath, but that doesn't seem to explain the heart weirdness. I took a natural breathing supplement and that usually helped me avoid situations like that, but that still doesn't mean it was asthma. I had several ways of dealing with asthma and allergies, natural remedies that worked wonders, but they were only temporary solutions to what seemed to be more of a theme with me, so I'm guessing I was just plastering over a more long-term deficiency in some vitamin or mineral.

Like I said, though, I can almost tell you the exact day it started, both the globus sensation and the muscle myotonia. It got progressively worse over the course of 2 or 3 months and then it's been like that ever since. The heart palpatations started quite a while before that, so they may be connected in some ways as I've heard myotonia has some effect on your heart as well, which makes sense because even now I absolutely need at least 8 hours of sleep or I'm very fatigued during the day. It's been a constant thing with me ever since my teenage years, struggling with allergies, asthma and finally myotonia. The allergies don't seem to be a problem anymore. I rarely get hay fever anymore, although I'm noticeably allergic to cats. Usually if I feel like my allergies are flaring up now, it means I have a cold and what used to work on hay fever doesn't help with colds, so I've concluded I no longer have hay fever. It seems I've mysteriously grown out of some things, including the hay fever as well as the warts I used to get on my hands, which I had all the time starting in high school and they all mysteriously disappeared after college.

I'm mostly just musing here, but hopefully you can find some useful information in there. The lump in my throat isn't just in intense situations. Sometimes it's worse than others and it will annoy me for a few weeks then I will feel ok for a few weeks and then it will come back for a few days, go for a few days, etc. It's never completely gone. I can usually tell it's still there, but there are certain times it bothers me more than others, but the timing doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    the literal medical meaning of dytrophy is deficiency of vital nutrients; often fetal malnutrition

I suspect @donnay is on to something with selenium supplementation... I'd do more research in that regard

the cure could be as simple as recognition of your state of malnourishment with regard to some vital nutrient (or group thereof) and feed yourself.

Then I cured myself one day with a simple yoga exercise I found on youtube that put my ear crystals back where they belong.
    Thanks. Yes, I'm hoping it's a vitamin deficiency and that I can cure it with vitamins. If it's something weirder, then that would just rock my paradigm of how the world works because it just doesn't make sense to suddenly develop a weird disease and then there's nothing you can do to reverse it. Like a ticking time bomb it just starts randomly and stays that way forever... I really don't buy into that, although I know the popular mantra of allopathic medicine is "there is no cure", which is really disturbing and defies all common sense. If it was congenital, then maybe I could understand that, but developing something in your 20s that never goes away just doesn't make sense, unless it's a mental disorder, which is a lot more complicated because it involves consciousness as well as physiology.

Yeah, my globus sensation (lump in the throat) has been almost constant for 6 years ever since September 2010. I can almost nail it down to the day it started and it's been over 6 years since then. I also thought I had asthma and was on inhalers, but I'm also not so sure that was ever the problem. I used to have these weird heart palpatations when I was doing strenuous workouts. I could feel the "butterfly" feeling in my heart accompanied by weakness and it would come on kind of like an asthma attack, causing me to feel really strong heart palpatations and become fatigued easily. What's weird is I was usually fine. Once in a while, though, I would have a workout where I would experience this and I just kind of had to mark it off as a bad workout. Other days I felt strong and heart was beating normally. I just assumed it was asthma because I would get out of breath, but that doesn't seem to explain the heart weirdness. I took a natural breathing supplement and that usually helped me avoid situations like that, but that still doesn't mean it was asthma. I had several ways of dealing with asthma and allergies, natural remedies that worked wonders, but they were only temporary solutions to what seemed to be more of a theme with me, so I'm guessing I was just plastering over a more long-term deficiency in some vitamin or mineral.

Like I said, though, I can almost tell you the exact day it started, both the globus sensation and the muscle myotonia. It got progressively worse over the course of 2 or 3 months and then it's been like that ever since. The heart palpatations started quite a while before that, so they may be connected in some ways as I've heard myotonia has some effect on your heart as well, which makes sense because even now I absolutely need at least 8 hours of sleep or I'm very fatigued during the day. It's been a constant thing with me ever since my teenage years, struggling with allergies, asthma and finally myotonia. The allergies don't seem to be a problem anymore. I rarely get hay fever anymore, although I'm noticeably allergic to cats. Usually if I feel like my allergies are flaring up now, it means I have a cold and what used to work on hay fever doesn't help with colds, so I've concluded I no longer have hay fever. It seems I've mysteriously grown out of some things, including the hay fever as well as the warts I used to get on my hands, which I had all the time starting in high school and they all mysteriously disappeared after college.

I'm mostly just musing here, but hopefully you can find some useful information in there. The lump in my throat isn't just in intense situations. Sometimes it's worse than others and it will annoy me for a few weeks then I will feel ok for a few weeks and then it will come back for a few days, go for a few days, etc. It's never completely gone. I can usually tell it's still there, but there are certain times it bothers me more than others, but the timing doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.
    I don't even know where to begin, because it is so similar but convoluted. The throat lump. Check. Muscle memory failure.

What about the warts? I'm guessing they aren't just usual warts. Are they? Describe your warts, please.

I don't even know where to begin, because it is so similar but convoluted. The throat lump. Check. Muscle memory failure.

What about the warts? I'm guessing they aren't just usual warts. Are they? Describe your warts, please.
    Just little lumps of skin that would always appear on my hands. Some on my palms, some on my fingers. Usually very small. I tried to treat them cryogenically once, but they always grew back... then after college I just realized one day that I didn't have them anymore and I haven't seen a single wart since. I think I only ever had about 5 or 6 at one time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just little lumps of skin that would always appear on my hands. Some on my palms, some on my fingers. Usually very small. I tried to treat them cryogenically once, but they always grew back... then after college I just realized one day that I didn't have them anymore and I haven't seen a single wart since. I think I only ever had about 5 or 6 at one time.
    Ever on the feet?

Edit: And what kind of wart? I'm not talking the wicked witch big brown wart. I'm talking rises in small parts, some growing tigether as large as a dime.

Best I can do is scrape them every other week.

Professional's have told me they are sure it is HPV. Yet there is no "dotting" in any of the growths. The VA burned them off and they came right back.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-17-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Chester Copperpot

can you give me a link to that yoga exercise?

Ever on the feet?

Edit: And what kind of wart? I'm not talking the wicked witch big brown wart. I'm talking rises in small parts, some growing tigether as large as a dime.

Best I can do is scrape them every other week.

Professional's have told me they are sure it is HPV. Yet there is no "dotting" in any of the growths. The VA burned them off and they came right back.
    I really don't know. Sounds different from mine. Mine weren't brown. They were just little bumps and looked "seedy". They were never any bigger than about half a dime in diameter, usually about 1/4 the size of a dime.

And no, I never noticed any on the feet.

I've decided to try some Selenium. Has anyone had experience with this? Does it help?

I'm just going to eat some Brazil nuts since those are supposed to have all the selenium anyone needs. I've heard of Dr. Wallach and apparently he has some expensive supplement program, but I'm not sure why that would be necessary.

You're taking on brazil nuts... not just a handful from the nut jar a the neighbor's house... but as a medicinal staple in your diet; there are some considerations to be made:

Just don't go nuts.

A little bit daily is better than a lot a bit all at once.

I'd stick with a consistent 3 or 4 brazil nuts a day.

Brittle fingernails/hair would be first sign of too much.

more on dosing and toxicity here:

https://www.superfoodly.com/brazil-n...oning-dangers/

selenium overdose or poisoning is very possible with Brazil nuts
    All brazil nuts are "wild harvested" and grown organically because brazil nuts, like mate, only grows in rain forests. However brazil nuts will mold if left alone. Organic brazil nuts are heat treated at 120F to prevent mold. Non organic are chemically treated with a fungicide (not sure which, possibly Carfentrazone-ethyl, do your research). Here are some possibilities:

http://www.fmccrop.com/Portals/_defa...vs5_NoCrop.pdf

If I were making brazil nuts a daily part of my diet, aside from researching the storage practices of my supplier, I'd also take the time to wipe them clean with a dry cloth before eating because of the presence of Aspergilus and other potentially carcinogenic molds. You won't get it all off but if there is any a quick wipe will surely reduce surface spore count that has spawned during shipment. If there is any obvious presence of mold or rancid flavor definitely avoid that supplier and discard the remainder of the package.

http://sciencythoughts.blogspot.com/...rowing-on.html

It might be that after a few weeks of 3-4 nuts daily you will see results and be able to move to a maintenance diet of far less.

Best to buy nuts that are already shelled and come in sealed bag to reduce risk of mold. Also best to store in sealed jar in the fridge once home.
    Last edited by presence; 01-17-2017 at 09:10 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Which one? My mom gets vertigo so bad she's gone to the hospital. She starts vomiting and falling. It's really scary. I thought she was stroking out or something the first time it happened, imagine my surprise when they diagnosed her with vertigo. They gave her Phenergan in the hospital but she had a bad reaction to it - she started jerking uncontrollably.

If there's a yoga move she can do, that would be ideal because she likes to workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    can you give me a link to that yoga exercise?
    yes

there are several exercises actually

epley
    samont
    brandt-daroff

Be cautious with the epley... especially with having someone else do it to you... the neck positioning can cause damage; potentially stroke

I did the brandt-daroff... you can find plenty of youtubes

very simple and safe... there is a left ear and right ear version of the exercise; I had left ear issues.

best to do in morning... then hold your head upright (do not bend over) for the remainder of the day

I had one relapse a week later when crawling under a house... repeat exercise and I was fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    If there's a yoga move she can do, that would be ideal because she likes to workout.
    I can't tell you the night and day difference I experienced after realizing A) what I had B) how to treat it; 4.5 years $#@!ED 24 hours later... fine

I meditated on my crystals in my semicircular canals (on the whack side of my face... both of which I was previously unaware even existed) and skee ball when I did the brandt-daroff exercise:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	innereardetail.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	5552

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skee-ball-97491a1ba1e21f0e.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	5553

My first thought... when I heard about this: STFU there's no such thing as ear crystals.
    Last edited by presence; 01-17-2017 at 09:14 AM.

You're taking on brazil nuts... not just a handful from the nut jar a the neighbor's house... but as a medicinal staple in your diet; there are some considerations to be made:

Just don't go nuts.

A little bit daily is better than a lot a bit all at once.

I'd stick with a consistent 3 or 4 brazil nuts a day.

Brittle fingernails/hair would be first sign of too much.

more on dosing and toxicity here:

https://www.superfoodly.com/brazil-n...oning-dangers/

All brazil nuts are "wild harvested" and grown organically because brazil nuts, like mate, only grows in rain forests. However brazil nuts will mold if left alone. Organic brazil nuts are heat treated at 120F to prevent mold. Non organic are chemically treated with a fungicide (not sure which, possibly Carfentrazone-ethyl, do your research). Here are some possibilities:

http://www.fmccrop.com/Portals/_defa...vs5_NoCrop.pdf

If I were making brazil nuts a daily part of my diet, aside from researching the storage practices of my supplier, I'd also take the time to wipe them clean with a dry cloth before eating because of the presence of Aspergilus and other potentially carcinogenic molds. You won't get it all off but if there is any a quick wipe will surely reduce surface spore count that has spawned during shipment. If there is any obvious presence of mold or rancid flavor definitely avoid that supplier and discard the remainder of the package.

http://sciencythoughts.blogspot.com/...rowing-on.html

It might be that after a few weeks of 3-4 nuts daily you will see results and be able to move to a maintenance diet of far less.

Best to buy nuts that are already shelled and come in sealed bag to reduce risk of mold. Also best to store in sealed jar in the fridge once home.
    Wow, great advice. Thanks and duly noted. My plan is just what you said, 3-4 nuts a day. I am aware of the possibility of danger, but it seems pretty easily avoidable. I'll also take mold into consideration. One thing that seems a bit strange to me is that beef seems to have a moderate amount of Selenium, and I usually eat some beef every day, so I wonder how I could be deficient in it. I suppose it's possible that I simply have a predisposition and never eat Brazil nuts or sea food, which is higher than beef in Selenium, so I could still be deficient, but I was hoping to find a clearer sign in order to assure me that this is actually going to have an effect. I'm wondering what kind of effects other people have noticed.

I assume you did this, since you note that I will see results. Have you taken Brazil nuts as a form of nutrition, and if so, how did it work for you and why were you taking them?

I assume you did this, since you note that I will see results. Have you taken Brazil nuts as a form of nutrition, and if so, how did it work for you and why were you taking them?
    no, I do not have any experience with medicinal quantities of brazil nuts or selenium deficiency

It might be that after a few weeks of 3-4 nuts daily you will see results
    I do suffer from periodic calcium/magnesium deficiency; for that I choose OTC supplementation and see great results; I keep myself on a low dose maintenance a few times weekly.
    Last edited by presence; 01-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.