Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blood Type Diet

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, tell him that. that sounds like a great way to get your man to never go down near there ever again.

on the topic, I've heard coconut oil has a laxative effect for some people.
    Anything fat-related like that might kick in again at the dentist's office though.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks , all of you have convinced me to never alter my diet .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thanks , all of you have convinced me to never alter my diet .
    Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it, uncle oyarde!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, tell him that. that sounds like a great way to get your man to never go down near there ever again.

on the topic, I've heard coconut oil has a laxative effect for some people.
    Mr Animal doesn't mind. He's used to hearing things that would scare a weaker man, lol.

I have too, actually. I'm going to have a spoonful. Can't hurt and I'm miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    protip-if you're going to have sugary/starchy meals like oatmeal, include protein somehow. (the glycemic index of oatmeal is going to spike your blood sugar and make your energy crash later in the day)

Unless you're talking about that sugary instant oatmeal that comes in packets, what you're saying is simply untrue. Oatmeal is very nutritious and it is not a high glycemic index food.

Back when I used to eat unhealthy I'd start my day off with a cup of coffee w/sugar and maybe something sweet then I'd head out the door and I'd always crash a couple hours later and have no energy. But now I often start my day with oatmeal and I always have a very stable amount of energy throughout the day.... and I don't even feel hungry again until like 2 o'clock.

Oatmeal is fantastic, unless you're you're talking about that instant kind I mentioned before.

Even your paleo people list it at 55... which is considered low.

Other stuff to look at:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/31...ex-of-oatmeal/

http://www.healthline.com/health/dia...tmeal#Oatmeal2

http://www.glycemic-index.org/oatmeal-nutrition.html
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-18-2017 at 04:16 AM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Also, I don't like to burst any bubbles but....

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal doesn't mind. He's used to hearing things that would scare a weaker man, lol.
    The winning combination: Mr. Animal plus a healthy dose of toilet humor.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post

Not bursting my bubble. I stated several times that I don't know if blood type has anything to do with but I do believe that different people thrive on different types of diets and it probably has to do with a lot of reasons. Personally, I haven't been feeling great lately and thought I would try something different.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The winning combination: Mr. Animal plus a healthy dose of toilet humor.
    The winning combination of smart ass comment and eye roll.

Today's plan...

Breakfast: plain protein shake - no fruit. I had to drink it fairly early because I had a dentist appointment.
    Snack/lunch : I'm combining them today because the appoint threw off my schedule and I'm hungry. Anyway, I just ate a bowl of Redneck caviar with 1/2 a small avocado and half a grapefruit.
    Snack: Small bowl of butternut/acorn squash and leek soup I made yesterday
    Dinner: Blackened trout with a kale salad and a little avocado.

Exercises
    I'm only going to stretch, do some upper body weights, and go for a walk today. Between the assercises, callenetics, and elliptical the past few days in a row, my lower body is sore. Honestly, I can barely get up the stairs.

Unless you're talking about that sugary instant oatmeal that comes in packets, what you're saying is simply untrue. Oatmeal is very nutritious and it is not a high glycemic index food.

Back when I used to eat unhealthy I'd start my day off with a cup of coffee w/sugar and maybe something sweet then I'd head out the door and I'd always crash a couple hours later and have no energy. But now I often start my day with oatmeal and I always have a very stable amount of energy throughout the day.... and I don't even feel hungry again until like 2 o'clock.

Oatmeal is fantastic, unless you're you're talking about that instant kind I mentioned before.

Other stuff to look at:

This is true, oatmeal actually has a low glycemic index compared to other carb type breakfasts. The reason why is that it is high in fiber and other complex carbs so it takes your body extra effort and time to break down. Its sorta like a slow release medication.

But also small observations like this is what people should consider when making their diet. I think it could be possible for some people with very odd digestive system to diet oatmeal about as fast as say a twinky but those people are the exception to every rule we know about human metabolism. Just do what works for you and if a blood type diet actually works for u, do it.

Also, I agree with your earlier comment about the demonetization of carbs especially by paleo types cos it is the food nutrient which our paleo ancestors grew up eating. It is the most abundant with the nutrient our body needs to power our cells readily available. My advice would be to eat a balanced diet and be active. The biggest thing that have changed between us and our paleo ancestors is our activity level. But it is way easier to tell people to eat more meat than telling them to get off their asses and move.

Other stuff to look at:

hmm...I must be thinking of oat flakes or something. Anyhoo, I stick with eggs. They taste better, they're healthier, and there's a zillion ways to prepare them. There's a reason they're an athlete's staple. (I know how to make very tasty omlettes ) Ya know, I can eat a whole pot of oatmeal (1-2 cups) and not be as strong through the morning as I am on just 3 ordinary eggs.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-18-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The winning combination of smart ass comment and eye roll.
    Not being a fan of toilet humor means your are a smart ass now

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not being a fan of toilet humor means your are a smart ass now
    Don't get excited, I didn't mean that as a compliment.

I'm not sure what I've done to warrant your snark here lately but it's getting tiresome. Just put me on ignore, ffs.

Not bursting my bubble. I stated several times that I don't know if blood type has anything to do with but I do believe that different people thrive on different types of diets and it probably has to do with a lot of reasons. Personally, I haven't been feeling great lately and thought I would try something different.
    Yeah, I realized after I posted that that it probably wasn't necessary… because a couple other people had already addressed that. And it sounded like you didn't really strongly believe it anyway.

― Henry David Thoreau

Agree with his asessment of the BT diet, but his vegan bias shows in the second half. Real nutrition science has long dispelled with the myths he's perpetuating about fats and specific foods.

Y'all think too much into this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Y'all think too much into this stuff.
    lulz I'm a #fitnessnerd and #athlete...can't help it, bro. ~hugs~

Today I went off script due to a family emergency..

Iended up haciving

Breakfast @ 7 am: pear
    exercise: arms w. weights and stretching
    lunch" Redneck caviar
    Dinner: salmon/ string beans/Cesar salad/a bottle of wine/ a bite of (just a bite) of bread pudding - I have a special weakness for bread pudding.
    Snack" Moar wine

Is wine vegetarian? I don't think any animals were killed when I ordered that over priced house wine in mid town tonight. TEN DOLLARS a glass for house wine and I didn't even get to pretend to know what I doing smelling the cork.

Sorry I didn't update this morning, my brother had another heart attack. He's fine (as fine as he gets, anyway) and didn't let me know until after he survived the stints being replaced. What the $#@! is it with men? He didn't want me there until after he survived. I guess he didn't want to hear me bitching about his Stouffers mac and cheese habit but I wouldn't have. Anyway, I got a call last night that he was at Emory hospital and needed a ride home and would I come and get him....Of course, I would love to drive to Emory during rush hour when you didn't see fit to tell anyone you may be dying. I'm not being dramatic. This brother had an aneurysm in his aorta a few years ago, this is his 6th heart attack, and my oldest brother died of a heart attack last year - I didn't mention it here because I was too brokenhearted but I disappeared for a few weeks at the beginning of last year and that what it was about. So I hope you understand my obsession with health. I only have two siblings left and I don't think I could stand to bury another one. To make a long story longer, I ended up spending the night at my crazy ass brother's trailer because I couldn't leave him alone. His kids are grown and he didn't want them to know he almost died - again. I'm just sad. I tease him about being crazy (he's a flat earther, who thinks Obama is the leopard ffs) but I guess living knowing every day could be your last would make one nuts. I still won't give him a pass for the above ground pool in front of the trailer, though. I just want to say, hold the people you love close - especially the "crazy" one's.

"I'm Saying This Is The South. And We're Proud Of Our Crazy People. We Don't Hide Them Up In The Attic. We Bring 'Em Right Down To The Living Room And Show 'Em Off.

See, Phyllis, No One In The South Ever Asks If You Have Crazy People In Your Family. They Just Ask What Side They're On."

~Julia Sugarbaker

I did it. Family matters came up and I didn't post the last few days of my experiment but I stayed away from land critters and dairy all week with minimal amounts of fish. I'm not going to stick with it, btw. I felt hungry a lot. I rarely feel hungry but on days I didn't eat fish, I was ravenous. I AM going to keep trying to eat a morning meal but I'll probably ditch the breakfast cement and go with a boiled egg. I'm also going to move my main meal to lunch instead of dinner. I did feel better not having a bunch of meat on my stomach at bedtime. AND I found a good food I'd never tried before. Quinoa. I love it.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    quinoa is good.. for filler, chia seeds (yep.. like the chia pet seeds) make some nifty puddings and aspics.. they swell up.. they thicken and they are a decent protein source too. I use the white seeds.. the black ones are distracting in most things.
    Coconut milk, a little honey and chia seeds makes a good pudding snack.. no dairy but just as satisfying.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    quinoa is good.. for filler, chia seeds (yep.. like the chia pet seeds) make some nifty puddings and aspics.. they swell up.. they thicken and they are a decent protein source too. I use the white seeds.. the black ones are distracting in most things.
    Coconut milk, a little honey and chia seeds makes a good pudding snack.. no dairy but just as satisfying.
    I LOVE chia seeds. I put them in my water for a snack and add them to salad dressings to thicken them up because I don't like my dressings too oily. I've seen a bunch of pudding recipes on Pinterest but I've never tried one. Maybe I should do that this week.

I LOVE chia seeds. I put them in my water for a snack and add them to salad dressings to thicken them up because I don't like my dressings too oily. I've seen a bunch of pudding recipes on Pinterest but I've never tried one. Maybe I should do that this week.
    might be a good replacement for breakfast cement/spackle
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123