Thread: Trump is in trouble. The Logan Act.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The guy is going to be president in 5 days. Nobody even the most hardcore liberal democrats are going to try to bring him up on Logan act charges. This is a stupid post.

Based on what evidence? if anyone should be in trouble with the Logan Act what all the former presidents whom were doing deals with the Israeli gov?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Based on what evidence? if anyone should be in trouble with the Logan Act what all the former presidents whom were doing deals with the Israeli gov?
    Israel is not a "foreign government having a dispute with the U.S."

Just sayin'.
    There is no spoon.

The act appears to give the President, and only the President, the ability to freely negotiate. The outcome of the negotiation has to be confirmed by the senate.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think Trump has hit his ceiling. No way he can be president.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This thread is a testament to the credibility of RPF having dropped to the level of the corporate media.

It just doesn't feel like it's populated with the same people who went through the Ron Paul campaigns in 2008 and 2012. Those people knew better than than this, without a doubt.

Who are you people? Some names are familiar, but I don't recognize any of you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    This thread is a testament to the credibility of RPF haforving dropped to the level of the corporate media.

It just doesn't feel like it's populated with the same people who went through the Ron Paul campaigns in 2008 and 2012. Those people knew better than than this, without a doubt.

Who are you people? Some names are familiar, but I don't recognize any of you.
    You mean, you think the government should get involved here? Or not? Like you, I can't tell people apart now.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You mean, you think the government should get involved here? Or not? Like you, I can't tell people apart now.
    Gives me some small comfort to know you're still the same strawman-slinging troll as ever

That's one sign of normalcy, I suppose.

Gives me some small comfort to know you're still the same strawman-slinging troll as ever

That's one sign of normalcy, I suppose.
    ^^triggered^

It was a serious question. Sorry if that confused you into attacking me instead of simply answering it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    ^^triggered^

It was a serious question. Sorry if that confused you into attacking me instead of simply answering it.
    I of course didn't mention government at all, so if it was a serious question then perhaps some reading skills or psychiatric therapy is in order.

Amazed to see that someone is finally wrecking the tyrannical establishment, and alleged libertarians line up on the side of the tyrants.

When the far left does it, I almost don't blame them because I didn't expect any common sense in their ranks.

To see it here, it's beyond sad.

I'm still here... although I feel a bit like a lost puppy (I have a dirty mind - I first spelled that with "ss" instead of "pp") since we have no campaign to be involved in and certainly there will never again be anything like the Ron Paul R3volution! At best now the only thing I can do is try to educate people about the utter nonsense of invoking a boogieman (the goonerment) to solve all the worlds problems. When a significant number of "the people" realize that a fiction cannot "save" us my work will be done (looks like I have a long way to go...)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I think Trump has hit his ceiling. No way he can be president.
    Lets see how that ends up having worked out in just under one more week.

This Logan Act nonsense is just that. But don't take my word for it. Let us examine the relevant text:

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of theUnited States of America in Congress assembled, That if any person,being a citizen of the United States, whether he be actually resident, or abiding within the United States, or in any foreign country, shall,without the permission or authority of the government of the UnitedStates, directly or indirectly, commence, or carry on, any verbal or written correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government, or an officer or agent thereof, with an intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government, or of any officer or agent thereof, inrelation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or defeatthe measures of the government of the United States ; or if any person,being a citizen of, or resident within the United States, and not dulyauthorized, shall counsel, advise, aid or assist in any such correspondence, with intent, as aforesaid, he or they shall be deemed guilty of ahigh misdemeanor, and on conviction before any court of the UnitedStates having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceed-ing five thousand dollars, and by imprisonment during a term not lessthan six months, nor exceeding three years:Provided always, thatnothing in this act contained shall be construed to abridge the rightof individual citizens of the United States to apply, by themselves, ortheir lawful agents, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof,for the redress of any injuries in relation to person or property whichsuch individuals may have sustained from such government, or any ofits agents, citizens or subjects .

Key terms highlighted. This is YASWS (Yet Another $#@!tily Written Statute). For one thing, proving intent is damned near impossible and inferring intent based upon action is fraught with risk to justice even in the best cases.

The statute clearly states that the attempted influence must not only have been applied to officials of a state with which we are in "dispute[] or controvers[y]", but that the interference must relate directly to said disputes or controversies. Has Trump done this? And even if he has, he is the incoming president. Standing upon some technicality such as his not yet having taken his oath would likely backfire on anyone attempting a swag at him with this stupid and poorly formulated jewel from the litter box of our illustrious and much esteemed Fifth Congress.

Not only would I deem this statute as failing to attain the status of Law, I would consider its passage a prima facie act of treason.

Next, "disputes or controversies" appears to remain unspecified as to precise meaning.

The statute is pure feces. That does not mean some sub-douche prosecutor would not try to use it (when was the last time we saw one of these prosecutions?), unfortunately. But as someone else has already pointed out, which of the Democrat sub-douches parked out behind me here do we think is going to step up in hot pursuit of such a charge against Trump? I suspect he or they would be crushed under legal foot in very short order, possibly opening themselves up to charges of malfeasance, dereliction of duty, filing false charges, and so on down what I suspect could become a long and rather creative list of responses designed to show them whose is bigger.

'Tis usually best to choose one's battles with a bit more care than this.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Okay. I'm not a Trump fan. I get attacked routinely by the most rabid Trump fans. But if the reports are true that Donald Trump plans to meet Vladimir Putin sometime after being inagurated, how is that a violation of the Logan Act?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. I'm not a Trump fan. I get attacked routinely by the most rabid Trump fans. But if the reports are true that Donald Trump plans to meet Vladimir Putin sometime after being inagurated, how is that a violation of the Logan Act?
    Because it wasn't until Logan ran that the whole house of cards came tumbling down and everyone finally became free from their oppressors...

THIS ONE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Because it wasn't until Logan ran that the whole house of cards came tumbling down and everyone finally became free from their oppressors...
    That was a pretty elliptical comment.

Trump is doing Logan's Run.

I of course didn't mention government at all, so if it was a serious question then perhaps some reading skills or psychiatric therapy is in order.
    The topic of the thread is the Logan act, so...
    Amazed to see that someone is finally wrecking the tyrannical establishment, and alleged libertarians line up on the side of the tyrants.

d.
    So you think Trump is wrecking the tyrannical establishment? I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced. If he would just end some wars I'd call it a win, I guess.

I think that was actually the whole problem here at RPF

People come in here and exclaim how trump has done all these great things.
    That's fine.But it's as if he's god himself the way people talk.Trump is perfeCT in his supporters eyes.

He ended the media
    He stoped corruption
    He ended globalism
    He ended the democrats

If people would stop hanging off trumps nuts,they might realize it's better to wait till he's actually done something.Because if he doesnt deliver the goods...its going to be as good as the salty SJW tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Israel is not a "foreign government having a dispute with the U.S."

Just sayin'.
    Last time i checked Israel is a foreign government in the middle east that wants all Arabs gone how is that not a dispute?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Why is it that we have people on this forum that think the law still matters?

There is no rule of law.

People in D.C. do whatever they want without repercussions.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Last time i checked Israel is a foreign government in the middle east that wants all Arabs gone how is that not a dispute?
    You think the US gov disputes that? You a funny man, Mr. AngryCanadian.
    There is no spoon.

The people who have completely ignored the Logan Act are people who attend Bilderberg Conferences.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Why is it that we have people on this forum that think the law still matters?

There is no rule of law.

People in D.C. do whatever they want without repercussions.
    Bingo!! We live in anarchy and most people don't know it. Those at the top know it that's why they have ZERO respect for "law" and do whatever they please. They know the secret that most of us sheeple do not know... THERE IS NO GOVERMENT OR LAW!! Only the appearance of government and law. They are fictions that only exist in the minds of the "believers". It is nothing more than a cult. They have their priests (judges), pope (president), and officers (goons).

THIS ONE

They should've just raised the age to 35.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The people who have completely ignored the Logan Act are people who attend Bilderberg Conferences.
    Yes, the Logan Act was to prevent people who are NOT the President from negotiating on behalf of the US. That will be Trump's job.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    They should've just raised the age to 35.
    Mission creep... Next thing you know those pesky people would be asking for 37!!

THIS ONE

Bingo!! We live in anarchy and most people don't know it. Those at the top know it that's why they have ZERO respect for "law" and do whatever they please. They know the secret that most of us sheeple do not know... THERE IS NO GOVERMENT OR LAW!! Only the appearance of government and law. They are fictions that only exist in the minds of the "believers". It is nothing more than a cult. They have their priests (judges), pope (president), and officers (goons).
    You might be onto something.