Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF? DQ owner uses verboten word

WTF? DQ owner uses verboten word

Where's the quid-pro-quo article? Cracker

Dairy Queen closes Illinois restaurant after owner uses slur during argument with customer

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-customer.html

A Dairy Queen franchise owner in Zion, Ill. has lost at least one store location after police say he used racial slurs in an angry confrontation with a customer.

James “Jim” Crichton allegedly used the n-word following a disputre with 21-year-old Deianeira Ford and her children on Jan.4 over a food order that was allegedly incomplete.

According to the police report, Ford went inside the store after a mixed-up food order was handed to her at the drive-thru. She says she first asked the owner to correct the order but when he refused she asked for a refund. Ford got her $5 back-- but it came with an earful.

“He called me and my children n—–; he said I can go back to where I came from,” Ford recounted to The Washington Post.

“He took out his flip phone and he said he would take a picture and put it on Facebook because he wants to show the world what kind of n—— he has to deal with,” Ford continued. “Then he shut the window and walked away.”

Ford then called local authorities, who arrived on the scene and confronted Crichton about the incident.

According to the police report, the owner was angry when the officer arrived but did not deny Ford’s claims.

“During the course of my conversation with Crichton, he used the word 'n—–' freely to describe black people,” the officer wrote.

Zion Police Chief Steve Dumyahn labeled the activity “deplorable” but “not criminal" and was not able to press charges at the time.

"I'm disgusted and discouraged by the comments made by this business owner," Dumyahn said. "I reached out to Miss Ford to tell her that this does not represent the diverse community of Zion."

However, after posting a status on Facebook with the number and address of the location, Ford began spearheading a protest against the establishment. She called Dairy Queen’s corporate headquarters, too. The incident prompted protesters to gather outside the Dairy Queen on Saturday. Ford said she has an attorney and is now considering legal action.

On Jan. 5 the company released a statement, in which they labeled the owner’s actions “inexcusable, reprehensible and unacceptable.”

Last week, Crichton apologized in a statement provided by American Dairy Queen Corporation (Dairy Queen's parent organization) and said he would undergo sensitivity training.

"My actions were inexcusable and unacceptable," Crichton said. "I can only ask for forgiveness and try to make it up to all involved."

But by Friday, Dairy Queen announced that it was closing the location and was terminating Crichton’s franchise rights. A planned Saturday protest at Crichton's Dairy Qyeen involving local activists and Black Lives Matter demonstrators then reportedly turned into a celebration.

Ford’s attorney said legal action is still possible, especially if her team can prove Crichton has a history of racial abuse.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last week, Crichton apologized in a statement provided by American Dairy Queen Corporation (Dairy Queen's parent organization) and said he would undergo sensitivity training.

"My actions were inexcusable and unacceptable," Crichton said. "I can only ask for forgiveness and try to make it up to all involved."

But by Friday, Dairy Queen announced that it was closing the location and was terminating Crichton’s franchise rights.
    Apology accepted?

Was he white? I don't think I've ever seen a white DQ owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You're in Atlanta.

My Uncle Don used to own a DQ in Arizona and he is kind of white . The guy who owns the local one here is pasty white .LOL
    Do something Danke

In Illinois it really does not matter , all riff raff commies , we do not serve them . I would have supported Pence building the wall and making them pay for it .
    Do something Danke

Ford then called local authorities, who arrived on the scene and confronted Crichton about the incident.

According to the police report, the owner was angry when the officer arrived but did not deny Ford’s claims.

“During the course of my conversation with Crichton, he used the word 'n—–' freely to describe black people,” the officer wrote.

why the $#@! are tax dollars being spent to police name calling?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    'Zactly-
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    The sheep needs to be coerced.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Where's the quid-pro-quo article? Cracker

Dairy Queen closes Illinois restaurant after owner uses slur during argument with customer

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-customer.html

A Dairy Queen franchise owner in Zion, Ill. has lost at least one store location after police say he used racial slurs in an angry confrontation with a customer.

James “Jim” Crichton allegedly used the n-word following a disputre with 21-year-old Deianeira Ford and her children on Jan.4 over a food order that was allegedly incomplete.

According to the police report, Ford went inside the store after a mixed-up food order was handed to her at the drive-thru. She says she first asked the owner to correct the order but when he refused she asked for a refund. Ford got her $5 back-- but it came with an earful.

“He called me and my children n—–; he said I can go back to where I came from,” Ford recounted to The Washington Post.

“He took out his flip phone and he said he would take a picture and put it on Facebook because he wants to show the world what kind of n—— he has to deal with,” Ford continued. “Then he shut the window and walked away.”

Zion Police Chief Steve Dumyahn labeled the activity “deplorable” but “not criminal" and was not able to press charges at the time.

"I'm disgusted and discouraged by the comments made by this business owner," Dumyahn said. "I reached out to Miss Ford to tell her that this does not represent the diverse community of Zion."

However, after posting a status on Facebook with the number and address of the location, Ford began spearheading a protest against the establishment. She called Dairy Queen’s corporate headquarters, too. The incident prompted protesters to gather outside the Dairy Queen on Saturday. Ford said she has an attorney and is now considering legal action.

On Jan. 5 the company released a statement, in which they labeled the owner’s actions “inexcusable, reprehensible and unacceptable.”

But by Friday, Dairy Queen announced that it was closing the location and was terminating Crichton’s franchise rights. A planned Saturday protest at Crichton's Dairy Qyeen involving local activists and Black Lives Matter demonstrators then reportedly turned into a celebration.

Ford’s attorney said legal action is still possible, especially if her team can prove Crichton has a history of racial abuse.

You are still playing this game of posting articles that give the illusion that people are arrested for saying the N word. You happened to highlight the part that shows the police confronting the store owner but left out the part where he admitted to saying the n word to the police and still no arrest. Again no body is arrested in the US for just saying the N word. You can still say it however much you want and will still not see a day in the pen.

Also had this store not been a franchise, then he would not have lost his store. These franchise stores come with a lot of rules and regulation and not just for the business side but for codes of conduct. Lastly, the civil lawsuit will go nowhere, I will predict that no lawyer would take up her cause and if they did, she would lose and be forced to pay his legal fees.

Luckily for all of us, saying the n word is still not verboten in this country.

Also, I found this part very disturbing, the man has apologized and agree to go through sensitivity training and you are still celebrating his demise. If a store business insults me in any way shape or form and doesn't apologize, I will punish him my never patronizing his/her store. I will also tell everybody I know about it in hope they too stop coming to the store. But I definitely would not call the cops over it

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You are still playing this game of posting articles that give the illusion that people are arrested for saying the N word.
    What "illusions" you perceive are totally up to you.

I highlighted the relevant points to me, calling the kops for name calling and the aspiration to further "legal action"...

It's really too bad that you insist on trying to attribute ulterior meaning to what I actually post.....Why do you insist on behaving in this manner?

What "illusions" you perceive are totally up to you.

I highlighted the relevant points to me, calling the kops for name calling and the aspiration to further "legal action"...

It's really too bad that you insist on trying to attribute ulterior meaning to what I actually post.....Why do you insist on behaving in this manner?
    The illusions are real, remember the last post you made about this topic, there were a couple of people who came out it believing that the white guy was arrested for saying the n word. If that is not your intention, then for whatever reason, that is how some people are reading into your posts

Also, whats with the use of "confrontation" to describe the talk between the cops and the store owner? Its such an inflammatory word in such a situation. Essentially, he talked to the cops and they told him that he was in the clear. I would guess that at the end of the talk, the customer was the one confronting the cops for not arresting the cop owner.

The illusions are real, remember the last post you made about this topic, there were a couple of people who came out it believing that the white guy was arrested for saying the n word. If that is not your intention, then for whatever reason, that is how some people are reading into your posts

Also, whats with the use of "confrontation" to describe the talk between the cops and the store owner? Its such an inflammatory word in such a situation. Essentially, he talked to the cops and they told him that he was in the clear. I would guess that at the end of the talk, the customer was the one confronting the cops for not arresting the cop owner.
    You're asking me why some people "came out believing" and why other people use certain terminology in articles I didn't write.......

I'm unable to answer your query.

You're asking me why some people "came out believing" and why other people use certain terminology in articles I didn't write.......

I'm unable to answer your query.
    The first paragraph wasn't really a question, it is just me pointing out that your rewording of the original headline was misleading people and the second paragraph was me addressing the writer and reader to just show how misleading these articles come off. Its easy to mislead people when you use misleading headline to title your post. We already talked about it and you said that it happened when you tried to shorten the original headline.

Yeah, he should probably have just called them ass holes.

Good to know that I can call the kops if someone hurts my feewlings..

"911, what is your emergency?"

"Somebody hurt my feewlings..."

"Oh no, I will send a policeman right away!"
    No - No - No - No

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Luckily for all of us, saying the n word is still not verboten in this country.
    That's true but plenty of people get in trouble for violating anti-discrimination laws. I'm pretty sure you'll get arrested for it if you don't fall in line.

The first paragraph wasn't really a question, it is just me pointing out that your rewording of the original headline was misleading people and the second paragraph was me addressing the writer and reader to just show how misleading these articles come off. Its easy to mislead people when you use misleading headline to title your post. We already talked about it and you said that it happened when you tried to shorten the original headline.
    I actually considered your previous whining when titling this thread which is why I titled it as I did..

I don't know if it's funny, ironic or coincidental that every thread I post concerning whining about the use of the term "nigg*r" in any manner draws your ire.

I actually asked a question in the OP and intentionally used the term 'cracker' which of course hasn't raised an eyebrow...(Or got an answer)

I'm going to quit trying to appease 'sensitive' people, stop whining, or don't, but I'm done with trying to play nice when I really don't give a $#@! how you feel or what you find offensive.

If the store owner/franchise lessee didn't honestly hate black people he surely does now. Furthermore I'd bet a dime to a dollar the broad who the article is written about was a total bitch in order to elicit his commentary in the first place.

I don't view his comment any differently than using different descriptive terminology when addressing other people who behave offensively....I've never had a person refuse to correct an order of mine if it was wrong regardless of their race or nationality but I'm polite in dealing with others and I'm obviously a "Hillbilly"....

Seems like a very hostile person. I'm glad the Officer is OK.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That's true but plenty of people get in trouble for violating anti-discrimination laws. I'm pretty sure you'll get arrested for it if you don't fall in line.
    Anti discrimination laws are not the same as getting arrested for saying the n word. Racial insult is not a crime in the US, just as long as the store owner still doesn't deny services to the customer, he/she is in the clear. Call the cops 1000x in the most leftist country in the US and you will not get arrested for saying the n word to anybody. I do not agree with anti discrimination laws but I would concede that one could get arrested for violating it.

My issue is with the idea that saying the n word is an arrest-able crime.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    What I am seeing is the free market resolving a problem with a bad business owner. No need for some giant government overlord picking winners and losers.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Good to know that I can call the kops if someone . . .
    I believe a call to a 9-1-1 line, or, directly to a police department or sheriff creates and
    "rivets" a connection of legal "privity" important for rights -
    but if the call results in a dispatch of an officer than the kops have a duty for at least an investigate of the circumstances -
    unless the local nepotism blocks a 14th Amendment clause 1 right to substantive due process and the kops commit negligence of duty.

In that case, ya' have the right to sue their arses.

In this case, I think Dairy Queen is gonna have some legal expenses when the franchisee loses a property right without due process.
    I hope the guy takes down DQ for injunctive, compensatory, and punitive relief of damages.
    A popular location in Zion (?) . . . expect a civil claim for millions in losses by the franchisee without due process.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-15-2017 at 12:30 PM.

The "n word".

What the $#@!...are we all in Hogwarts and nigg er = Voldemort?

$#@!ing lunacy all around.

I actually considered your previous whining when titling this thread which is why I titled it as I did..

I don't know if it's funny, ironic or coincidental that every thread I post concerning whining about the use of the term "nigg*r" in any manner draws your ire.
    Seeing as I have only commented on 2 threads, I think its a little too early to start seeing a trend here. Now if you make it a habit of using misleading title to stir up racial tensions, then we might have a series on our hands. I prefer dramatic series instead of comedic one

Also, I make replies when I see you or anyone for that matter trying to stir racial tensions using msileading headlines. It is not the n word that bring attracts me, it is the twisted headlines.

I actually asked a question in the OP and intentionally used the term 'cracker' which of course hasn't raised an eyebrow...(Or got an answer)
    I think I just like everybody else thought it was a rhetorical question and did not answer it. Actually, even thinking about the question, I don't even think I know how to answer it for it. Sorry about that.

I'm going to quit trying to appease 'sensitive' people, stop whining, or don't, but I'm done with trying to play nice when I really don't give a $#@! how you feel or what you find offensive.
    Couldn't agree more with this statement, I personally think all those sensitive people should go take a chill pill and relax.

If the store owner/franchise lessee didn't honestly hate black people he surely does now. Furthermore I'd bet a dime to a dollar the broad who the article is written about was a total bitch in order to elicit his commentary in the first place.
    Again I somewhat agree, but there is a bigger chance of creating more people that are going to now hate black people with your fake headlines being created and that is what I have a problem with. Yes on the second sentence again, business owner generally try to play nice with people with money i.e. customers up until they point they become so difficult that their business and business reputation is not worth the money.

I don't view his comment any differently than using different descriptive terminology when addressing other people who behave offensively....I've never had a person refuse to correct an order of mine if it was wrong regardless of their race or nationality but I'm polite in dealing with others and I'm obviously a "Hillbilly"....
    Again, my issue is not with the incident that happen but with your presentation of the story and stories like this to give the impression to the reader that people are being arrested for saying using racial slurs.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    What I am seeing is the free market resolving a problem with a bad business owner. No need for some giant government overlord picking winners and losers.
    I don't even know if you can call him a bad business owner. It could be that the customer pushed his button till he lost it. I have worked in fast food and I can tell you that fast food customers can be very irritating especially when they are trying to return a perfectly made and packaged order.

That's a whole bunch of words to keep whining about how I title threads...

Jan2017

fwiw, title to thread seems fine . . . it hardly incites riot or race violence inappropriately.

It is posters that are mistaken . . . no one was arrested, but police did their presumed duty to investigate.

Miss Ford has an attorney . . . for what (?) . . . sue the police for not arresting a business owner saying the dreaded n- word in his own establishment (?)

It seems the business owner is the one that has had the damages . . . the State (in the sense that they fully investigated and no charges) is involved in that Dairy Queen corporate used the complaint to deny the property right of a franchisee without due process.
    He is the one who needs to find a trial lawyer.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-15-2017 at 01:32 PM.

The illusions are real,
    Interesting phrase. It reminds me of Seinfeld, the show about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    fwiw, title to thread seems fine . . . it hardly incites riot or race violence inappropriately.

It is posters that are mistaken . . . no one was arrested, but police did their presumed duty to investigate.

Miss Ford has an attorney . . . for what (?) . . . sue the police for not arresting a business owner saying the dreaded n- word in his own establishment (?)

It seems the business owner is the one that has had the damages . . . the State (in the sense that they fully investigated and no charges) is involved in that Dairy Queen corporate used the complaint to deny the property right of a franchisee without due process.
    He is the one who needs to find a trial lawyer.
    The thread tile and the parts in the article he chose to highlight is problematic because it gives the false impression that the authority that makes the word verboten is the police and not the franchise owner DQ. The problem is that most people do not take the time to read whole articles, they read the headline and highlights and if you if that is what you did, you might come out thinking some non black person was confronted by the police for using the n word which is not exactly what happened.

I think had the headline and narrative been correct that the govt is arresting non white for using the n word, that would definitely stir up racial tensions between blacks and everybody else. I don't mean to say this would lead to riots but there would be more racial animosity and tension in the air had this been true to the title.

Also, there is a little history between me and Tod about this topic and he seems like he hasn't gotten closure from the last time we talked about it seeing how he had me in mind when creating this new headline.

Arrested after saying verboten word

There is no property rights in owning a franchise
    Franchise an authorization granted by a government or company to an individual or group enabling them to carry out specified commercial activities, e.g., providing a broadcasting service or acting as an agent for a company's products.
    As a franchisee, you are managing their private property.

Jan2017

. . .
    There is no property rights in owning a franchise

As a franchisee, you are managing their private property.
    Well, a property right in the legal sense . . . just like cases where people lose employment or physicians lose hospital privileges without due process.

If you lose employment, physician privileges, or even a franchise contract "arbitrarily and capriciously" without some necessary due process,
    then a constitutional right was ransacked - and it could be a tort against DQ, imho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast