Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat belt alarm silencing gadget

Exclamation Seat belt alarm silencing gadget

Not bad for 5 bucks.

https://thetikit.com/

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick before they make it illegal!!!

Would also fool the big brother boxes as well, for nosy cops and insurance people.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Quick before they make it illegal!!!
    I could make a punch die for that in about 30 minutes.

That said, I'm amazed it isn't already.

I need that. My old van doesn't bug me but Mr Animal's car starts $#@!ing dinging and warning me after about 5 secs and won't shut the hell up. I find it nutty that the check oil light gives you one ding and a light but the seat belt warning is obnoxious as hell. It'll let ya run out of oil without much drama but you'd better have your Goddamn seat belt buckled when it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Probably is illegal in some states.

Either way its probably probable cause to arrest you, and find out if it's illegal
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Very useful if you have a car that has sensors in all the seats and you are carrying shopping bags or any other sorts of goods.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not bad for 5 bucks.

Does the top gap double as a bottle opener?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks AF. Just what I've been looking for. Sorry, outta rep.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

Add window breaker spike and rebrand it

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Very useful if you have a car that has sensors in all the seats and you are carrying shopping bags or any other sorts of goods.
    I use the seat belt to strap in my case of beer .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Add window breaker spike and rebrand it
    For fishing and whatnot I like the ones that are combo penknife / corkscrew / bottle opener , this may be an option .
    Do something Danke

I like it but still prefer a vintage car that isn't trying to be my nanny
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I use the seat belt to strap in my case of beer .
    I put my case of beer in the boot. I don't want to damage the leather.
    "I am a bird"

You have to stop every time you want a beer? Seems inconvenient to me.

Oh crap , yeah I forgot about yer fancy leather . My case of beer gets to ride shotgun .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yes, yes it does!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I like it but still prefer a vintage car that isn't trying to be my nanny
    I hear you. My primary transportation is a 25 year old F-150, that under the hood, is 45 years old.

When that whole VW debacle broke, I swore I'd never buy another new vehicle.

But Mrs. AF refused the clean choice I had in mind:

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Probably is illegal in some states.

Either way its probably probable cause to arrest you, and find out if it's illegal
    Not in NH

I hear you. My primary transportation is a 25 year old F-150, that under the hood, is 45 years old.

I would look good in that .
    Do something Danke

I could get everything out of Dankes shed at once instead of just a couple items when I go to a football game .
    Do something Danke

~~~swoon~~~
    now if it's got either a fabric or leather bench in the front.. it's the dream car
    that's the 1969 - 10 passenger one isn't it? two jump seats facing each other in the "way back" (what we called it when we were kids)
    85mph without breathing hard..
    steers like a big old boat..
    how much and where is it?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

That device may get rid of the dinging sound, but it does so by tricking the vehicle's computer into thinking you are wearing your seatbelt.

The unintended consequence may be how the airbag is then deployed. If you dont wear the seatbelt, if the bag isnt disabled at all, its timing is affected, so as to keep from killing you.

So again, a 10 mph impact might have an "explosive" result as the bag deploys inside your chest. Just a thought.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    ~~~swoon~~~
    now if it's got either a fabric or leather bench in the front.. it's the dream car
    that's the 1969 - 10 passenger one isn't it? two jump seats facing each other in the "way back" (what we called it when we were kids)
    85mph without breathing hard..
    steers like a big old boat..
    how much and where is it?
    That's a 1978, with the big block 400 cid engine.

Leather power seats.

$16,995 at Hemmings.

Located in GA with financing available at $254 a month.

I don't think it's had any restoration, just clean used.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/1884272.html

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    That device may get rid of the dinging sound, but it does so by tricking the vehicle's computer into thinking you are wearing your seatbelt.

The unintended consequence may be how the airbag is then deployed. If you dont wear the seatbelt, if the bag isnt disabled at all, its timing is affected, so as to keep from killing you.

So again, a 10 mph impact might have an "explosive" result as the bag deploys inside your chest. Just a thought.
    How nice it would be, to buy a car that does not have a multi thousand dollar explosive blimp that can kill you, hiding under the dashboard (and the pillars and the overheads and the steering wheel and so on on and on.)

Who voted for this nonsense?

Oh, that's right, nobody...ruled by fatwa.

Why in the hell would you put beer in your boots?

Thanks for the link AF.
    That one is just a couple years too new.. damn split bench.. still loose stuff between the seats that way

Not bad for 5 bucks.

I had a thread a while back to see if you could disable it. Found a buckle on the ground at Pull-a-Part and they didn't even charge me for it.

Some cars have a way to disable them. Click the seat belt three times when you first turn it on and leave it buckled the last time, etc.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

The airbag shouldn't deploy at a ten miles per hour crash.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast