Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Greatest Show on Earth" to close after 146 years, Ringling Brothers says

Guess you can still catch a Ripley's Museum if you missed the Circus .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , what will I do then if I run away ?
    Join a monastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Can not compete with Election Year Politics.

truly the greatest show on earth.
    Normally i would scoff, but thanks to the Trump Factor I agree.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Honestly I lost interest when the liberals drove them to remove the elephants from the show.
    Sea World had their final Shamu show recently too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sea World had their final Shamu show recently too.
    I'm pretty sure that was just the San Diego park, they are still doing them at the other Sea World locations for a couple more years.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was just the San Diego park, they are still doing them at the other Sea World locations for a couple more years.
    You are right. I knew they were all ending but being in San Diego, that is the one I hear about. Theirs ended first week of January. I never saw it- tickets were like $100 and I can get a year membership at the San Diego Zoo for that much (and see more interesting things in my opinion).

Orcas will flip through the air and perform high-energy tricks for an audience for the last time in California on Sunday, when SeaWorld puts on its final killer whale entertainment show in San Diego. After years of pressure from animal advocates and fallout from the documentary Blackfish, SeaWorld had announced the closing of the shows in March.

Orca entertainment shows are scheduled to end at SeaWorld's parks in Florida and Texas sometime in 2019.

But after Sunday, the company's San Diego park "will conduct an interim orca educational presentation in the pool that is also used for underwater viewing ... while we remove the existing theatrical moving screens and show set in the stadium and replace them with a natural backdrop that will reflect the natural world of the orca," SeaWorld San Diego spokesperson Dave Koontz told the media.

Spurring SeaWorld along, California had banned captive breeding of orcas in 2016.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...killer-whales/

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Disgusting. Those animals were tortured. Elephants are not made to sit in little metal cages and be whipped/prodded/electrocuted their entire lives.

Good riddance!
    Oh shut up. Those elephants live better than you or I ever will.

They are being wiped out in the wild. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...barnum-bailey/

There are only 41,000 to 52,000 Asian elephants left in the wild, according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature estimates, earning the animals an Endangered designation.

Habitat loss, conflict with humans, and the illegal wildlife trade drives the population a little lower each year. (Related: "100,000 Elephants Killed by Poachers in Just Three Years, Landmark Analysis Finds. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-cites-census/ ")

A 2011 investigation by the magazine Mother Jones found that "Ringling elephants spend most of their long lives either in chains or on trains, under constant threat of the bullhook, or ankus—the menacing tool used to control elephants."

Despite abuse allegations raised by the Humane Society of the United States and other animal welfare groups, Ringling Bros. prevailed in a long legal battle against the groups in 2014, collecting nearly $16 million in a settlement.
    I had never been and considered going the last couple times they were here. Now I will never have the chance.

I should have my own elephants .
    Do something Danke

Thinking about playing circus?

/* Sniffs for elephants */

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's not much you could do with them where you are, though. You should bring your elephants out here. You could ride them in the desert and mountain preserves and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Join a monastery.
    You can still join the French Foreign Legion.

Bump for relevance: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-shutting-down

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    When I was little, my favorite part was when the clown's sold baskets of rocks to us kids for $5 dollars to throw at the animals.
    Good Lord! Why on Earth did the clowns want to throw 5 dollars at the animals?? -
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You can still join the French Foreign Legion.
    Try outs are in May if I recall .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12