Thread: Was he treated fairly?

Was he treated fairly?

How long was this debate and how was the time distribution(specific minutes and seconds are not necessary just curious if Ron Paul got a fair shake.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmink15 View Post
    How long was this debate and how was the time distribution(specific minutes and seconds are not necessary just curious if Ron Paul got a fair shake.
    Compared to all the others I would say this is about the fairest one yet.

Dutch

yeah, he only got four questions, they were fair questions, he got fair time, and he kciked everyones ass
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

according to the univision forums he did not get to answer the questions that he should have
    No one reads signatures.

What's not fair is how the MSM is going to spin this tomorrow.

Mark my words, we'll see RP getting booed... over and over... and over...

I doubt they'll show it

Quote Originally Posted by Nyte View Post
    What's not fair is how the MSM is going to spin this tomorrow.

Mark my words, we'll see RP getting booed... over and over... and over...
    The last thing the mainstream media will show is a serious contender for the Republican nomination saying we should have free trade and travel with Cuba.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

Over all, it was much better than the other debates.

What I want to know is why you don't ask a doctor about healthcare...
    THAT was just dumb.

$#@!ing Mexicans were fairer to RP than $#@!ing CNN....now THATS hilarious!

The Mexican comment was a $#@!ing joke so dont freak out on me...laugh, because you know it was funny.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MooCowzRock View Post

The Mexican comment was a $#@!ing joke so dont freak out on me...laugh, because you know it was funny.
    It wasn't funny as most people down here are CUBAN. WTF is up with this racist crap on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomiC View Post
    It wasn't funny as most people down here are CUBAN. WTF is up with this racist crap on these forums?
    it. was. a. joke.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    according to the univision forums he did not get to answer the questions that he should have
    Let us know, I'd love to know what's on their minds.
    Cheers,
    mark...

I was inside the debate, and it really seemed fair to me. Everyone seemed to get an equal amount of time, and everyone had a fair chance. RP was right next to Rudy Giuliani, almost in the center.

Really they all had an equal chance to do a good job. I am really impressed with Univision. They seem to respect democracy more than any of the English-language channels I've seen.

it. was. a. joke.
    It was painfully unfunny, it made no sense, and it was in very poor taste.

Seems to me that Paul had a good showing in the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabell952 View Post
    Really they all had an equal chance to do a good job. I am really impressed with Univision. They seem to respect democracy more than any of the English-language channels I've seen.
    My respect for Univision definitely went up after this debate. If they must broadcast in Spanish to an American audience, at least they do it with respect to the democratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by indivi View Post
    It was painfully unfunny, it made no sense, and it was in very poor taste.

Seems to me that Paul had a good showing in the debate.
    Maybe you just dont have a sense of humor. It made sense, you just, for whatever reason, didnt find it funny.

God damn some of you are worse than the ultra liberal PC crowd...I know Mexicans that would find that joke funny.

I think Hunter got more chances to speak than RP...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still it pisses me off that it was not also broadcast in English. At least the answers. I'm very glad it was in spanish for those that have yet got comfortable with the english language. it will help alot to get votes for Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by RPTXState View Post
    My respect for Univision definitely went up after this debate. If they must broadcast in Spanish to an American audience, at least they do it with respect to the democratic process.
    Yes I totally agree. I have so much more respect for Univision now. No one was given an unfair advantage. Each candidate had the chance to win. Their post-debate coverage was also the most fair. Some of the other local English-language stations did not even talk about us at all, despite the fact that our support was without a question the largest. Univision covered us fairly in the post-debate coverage. They respected our democratic process moreso than any other channel I've seen.

What is so funny about a racist comment like that?
    Don't freak out on me, but we are trying to get a person elected.
    You can keep your tasteless comments to yourself.

BTW, I live in AZ and I know a lot of Mexicans that would love to kick your ass after making a comment like that. They would not be laughing. But I would be.
    Last edited by richk; 12-10-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: more content

Quote Originally Posted by richk View Post
    What is so funny about a racist comment like that?
    Don't freak out on me, but we are trying to get a person elected.
    You can keep your tasteless comments to yourself.

BTW, I live in AZ and I know a lot of Mexicans that would love to kick your ass after making a comment like that. They would not be laughing. But I would be.
    Give the guy a break. I really doubt he's some hardcore racist. In fact, if you read the message (as poor as it was written), he was saying Hispanics seemed to have more respect for the democratic process than Americans.

Some jokes just don't work on the internet where there is no emotion in typed words. I think MooCowzRock displayed that pretty well, lets get over it.

As to the debate, from watching the YouTube video of Ron Paul footage, it looked like Paul got about ~9minutes of airtime. Not sure what the others got, probably 1-2 minutes more each as they skipped paul numerous times.

they seemed really interested in his opions. Paul was relaxed and unphased by the anti-castro & anti-chavez boos from the audience. all in all he got a lot more cheers, applause and speaking time than most previous debates. i enjoyed how the other candidates looked at him with a new "I-better-pay-attention-to-what-this-money-magnet-is-saying" kind of respect.