Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I'm having a baby.... (Is there a vaccine that prevents being a liberal?)

And get yourself a midwife and a doula....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, this "one star" business is getting out of hand.

There is no reason this thread should have been rated thusly.

The OP is asking serious questions about a serious and joyful event in his life.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted 5 star FTW
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Voted 5 star FTW
    To the casual observer, they might skip over the thread if it's rated "terrible", and maybe some important insight or advice might have gotten missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The HOMESCHOOL vaccine.

Critical Thinking pills help too.

'Zactly.

I was homeschooled and that's the only vax that ever entered our house.
    There is no spoon.

Forgot to mention that in my post, as well. My wife and I homeschool our two children. Best decision we've made yet. Want to talk about freedom? There you go. Homeschool is THE FOREFRONT of the Liberty movement. And I say that not because we are religious (we are not). I say that because the useless progressive robot factories we call public schools will do more damage than ANY vaccine can do...

- Diogenes of Sinope

Forgot to mention that in my post, as well. My wife and I homeschool our two children. Best decision we've made yet. Want to talk about freedom? There you go. Homeschool is THE FOREFRONT of the Liberty movement. And I say that not because we are religious (we are not). I say that because the useless progressive robot factories we call public schools will do more damage than ANY vaccine can do...

Slow down brother. First, congrats!
    Oh yeah. I second the Congrats!

Our birth plan listed our wishes such as:......

[B]e in charge! You are the PARENTS and it is YOUR CALL! Doctors and nurses will bully you into doing things you know are not right if you don't stand your ground.
    Yeah. But here's the thing: why bother? Being bullied is a pain. These jerks are a pain. Yeah, I can stand up for myself and my wife (I have enough stand-up-edness juice for ten people, for the whole hospital floor) and I can yell louder than them and use bigger words than them and I can print off ACOG articles all day long showing exactly how they are being morons and are totally wrong. But.... is that fun? I mean, it's kind of fun, in the sense that any conflict is exciting, but will it be fun for your wife? These jerks are losers. These jerks are not scientists -- now that's an important truth to realize. They know nothing about science and indeed do not care. They have never done any science, that's why. Think about it. A doctor is a technician, not a scientist. Does he even have a subscription to any scientific journals? Answer: no.

Also, does he care about you? Answer: no.

Does he value your "birth plan"? Answer: no.

Does he deeply respect your opinions and think of you as his customer, himself as your servant? Ha, ha, ha, ha, HA! This is a hilarious notion.

No, most of these jerks really in their hearts want to be veterinarians, not doctors. They are not interested in having their victims patients to talk back.

So what's the solution?

Home-birth!

I cannot sufficiently express how much better this will be. The total cost will probably be around $3,000. Ten times better, ten times cheaper -- what's not to love? Yeah you can out-jerk the jerks and get what you want, with a lot of pain and effort and suffering, it's like pulling teeth, but why not.... just get what you want? Without the fight? The hospital is their system, it's their turf. The jerks are bad, but their system is worse. Their system is horrible. We all know that. It's statist and bloated and stupid and insufferable from top to bottom and will not treat you as a human being, much less as the boss, the customer.

I can go on like this for days. I am a serious dad-advocate for healthy childbirth.
    Yes!
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 01-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

So what's the solution?

Home-birth!
    I second that. Our MedicalKidnap.com site is full of stories where babies are taken away at birth right in the hospital, sometimes for just refusing the Hep. B vaccine. Best to avoid hospitals altogether if you can.

Here is a telling article:

Why are Medical Professionals who Deliver Babies in Hospitals Choosing to have their Own Babies at Home?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Oh yeah. I second the Congrats!

Yeah. But here's the thing: why bother? Being bullied is a pain. These jerks are a pain. Yeah, I can stand up for myself and my wife (I have enough stand-up-edness juice for ten people, for the whole hospital floor) and I can yell louder than them and use bigger words than them and I can print off ACOG articles all day long showing exactly how they are being morons and are totally wrong. But.... is that fun? I mean, it's kind of fun, in the sense that any conflict is exciting, but will it be fun for your wife? These jerks are losers. These jerks are not scientists -- now that's an important truth to realize. They know nothing about science and indeed do not care. They have never done any science, that's why. Think about it. A doctor is a technician, not a scientist. Does he even have a subscription to any scientific journals? Answer: no.

Also, does he care about you? Answer: no.

Does he value your "birth plan"? Answer: no.

Does he deeply respect your opinions and think of you as his customer, himself as your servant? Ha, ha, ha, ha, HA! This is a hilarious notion.

No, most of these jerks really in their hearts want to be veterinarians, not doctors. They are not interested in having their victims patients to talk back.

So what's the solution?

Home-birth!

I cannot sufficiently express how much better this will be. The total cost will probably be around $3,000. Ten times better, ten times cheaper -- what's not to love? Yeah you can out-jerk the jerks and get what you want, with a lot of pain and effort and suffering, it's like pulling teeth, but why not.... just get what you want? Without the fight? The hospital is their system, it's their turf. The jerks are bad, but their system is worse. Their system is horrible. We all know that. It's statist and bloated and stupid and insufferable from top to bottom and will not treat you as a human being, much less as the boss, the customer.

Yes!
    We would have opted for a home-birth, obviously, but my wife does have medical issues (cancer in remission) and our first attempt led to an emergency C-section... and the fact that we were doing a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) was kind of shaky ground already... even our midwives suggested delivering in a hospital with surgeon ready, just in case.

- Diogenes of Sinope

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The HOMESCHOOL vaccine.

Critical Thinking pills help too.
    I was going to post this. It is the answer.

Congrats Brandon!

We would have opted for a home-birth, obviously, but my wife does have medical issues (cancer in remission) and our first attempt led to an emergency C-section... and the fact that we were doing a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) was kind of shaky ground already... even our midwives suggested delivering in a hospital with surgeon ready, just in case.
    Oh I totally wasn't trying to criticize you -- or anyone else -- who does a birth at a hospital. No need to make explanations to me! Sounds like you definitely made the right decisions. I was just putting this option out there and extolling its superiority, for anyone who can choose it but may not have ever considered it.

And if you're sold and want to do it, but need to convince the wife, have her read Get Me Out. Fascinating book on the history of child birth. Basically, we've been doing this thousands of years, it's not actually super-hard, it doesn't require a technician. I mean, the wife's part is hard, but the part of the doctor/OB/midwife/support person? Not hard. Pregnancy is not a medical condition -- it's a natural part of life!

Do not name your child Prometheus. It's still way too close after that cluster$#@! of a film. Just... don't.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Thanks bro. Any good suggestions for boys names?
    Well , if your Dads name is Ronald sticking that in somewhere is good , you could use yours in the middle then . Tony , Corey , Matthew , Daniel , Aaron and Logan are all good . Or , maybe something like oye - li ohkwa - li .
    Do something Danke

Yea, I started doing research a while back as well and there is NO middle ground at all.

It's "YOU'RE AGAINST SCIENCE YOU RELIGIOUS NUT BAG! AND YOU SHOULDN'T REPRODUCE!" or "Good for you for being so pro science and not like one of those icky liberty minded freaks." As for some of the anti-vaxxers, they become belligerent (and rightfully so to a point) and start screaming back and not really helping any causes… So yea, no middle area.

I'm one of those who at the end of the day simply says "it should be a choice." I won't refute science or anything, just saying, it's against freedom to force things. Especially on babies.

BTW, congrats. And as for names… Hm…

Randal. Call him Rand for short.
    Or Murray. Or Ludwig (that would be kick ass).

In all seriousness, jesus dude idk.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 01-13-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The best thing to do is ask for each insert from each vaccine and read and understand every word. As long as you understand what you're asking someone to inject into your minutes old baby, more power to you.

CDC website has some great information.

How do you prevent your kid from being stupid? Read to her every day. Talk to her every day. Treat him like he is smart from minute one. Take your television out to the curb with the rest of the trash. Get rid of your friends that aren't contributing positively to your life. Someone needs to be a 24/7 parent- No babysitters, no day care, etc.

Edit to add-

Breastfeeding is very important! A proper diet free of poisons. Make your own baby food. It's quite easy and very rewarding.
    Getting proper sleep is equally important. Get a good routine going from night 1 and be very rigid enforcing it.
    Last edited by IBleedNavyAndOrange; 01-14-2017 at 01:07 AM.

I'm not an anti-vaccination. I'm a science guy.

However, I feel/think I have experienced adverse effects to a vaccination. I had to get a Hep-b vaccination, which consists of 3 different shots at three different intervals. The day after I received the second shot and for the next two weeks I felt sick, had to throw up a bunch of times and for a long while after that I was very sensitive to small movements, such as being in a train that rolls very slowly from side to side.

Bad luck I guess.
    "I am a bird"

A big problem about having a middle ground in all this is that pediatricians wont see you if you do not follow the CDC schedule to the letter. We had to leave one practice already.

My stance is that I want your product, but I want it my way. I want to space it out. I still want to buy the product(vaccines). No you buy it all or they freeze you out. So we just keep jumping from practice to practice. It is so frustrating. One of the Doctors we have now is great but out of network so I had to pay 400.

At birth we did not get the Hep B, We did get the Vitamin K though.

My buddy has the same problem, he has gone to 4 different practices, and not for refusing to vaccinate, just for wanting to do it on a different schedule. We are in Pennsylvania BTW.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    A big problem about having a middle ground in all this is that pediatricians wont see you if you do not follow the CDC schedule to the letter. We had to leave one practice already.

My stance is that I want your product, but I want it my way. I want to space it out. I still want to buy the product(vaccines). No you buy it all or they freeze you out. So we just keep jumping from practice to practice. It is so frustrating. One of the Doctors we have now is great but out of network so I had to pay 400.

My buddy has the same problem, he has gone to 4 different practices, and not for refusing to vaccinate, just for wanting to do it on a different schedule. We are in Pennsylvania BTW.
    I'm lucky because I haven't had that problem. I did get a worksheet about all the vaccines we skipped, though and was encouraged to reconsider. My kids were homeschooled so I didn't have to go by the school schedule. I wonder if that makes a difference. Good luck finding a doctor in-network that will help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Btw, Congrats Brandon!!! Yay!

The best vaccine against liberalism is to not hand your kids over to the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Do not name your child Prometheus. It's still way too close after that cluster of a film. Just... don't.
    Well, the film didn't ruin it for me! Yet another advantage accrued from the firewall I've built between myself and the toxic popular culture. Now understand, it's a weak, moderate firewall and hole-ridden. You just breached it, for instance, by informing me of the existence of an apparently ghastly film named after a noble hero (thankfully you didn't give me any further details!). But at least my family and I are not exposed to every new toxic concoction the instant it is released upon the public.

So there's one "vaccine" for you, Brandon:

Build a firewall!

The media is 99% leftist, or "liberal" as you call it, Brandon.

Entertainment is 99% leftist.

TV, movies, modern music, and even books, are overwhelmingly leftist. Probably 99%.

This is because the particular subset of "creative types" that goes into these fields is overwhelmingly left-temperamented.

And they always have been, as far as I can tell.

Left temperament and being an actor/author/director/artist just seem to go together. Just a biological fact.

So what's the solution?

Go old!

Due to our society's long-term leftward trend, what was well to the left of normal 200 years ago is today outrageously, fanatically right.
    It's not because the creatives then were any more traditional, relative to their surrounding society. They were all lefties back then, too. But we've moved, and so they look right to us.

So dig up dem old books! Even those old movies, if you need to have movies (you don't), because 1950s liberalism (what you'll be getting watching 1950s movies) is still a whole heap better than 2017 liberalism. And throw out -- THROW OUT! -- the TV.

If you feed your kid liberalism day in and day out, do not be surprised, my friend, when he turns out liberal. Do not be surprised.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 01-16-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Well, the film didn't ruin it for me! Yet another advantage accrued from the firewall I've built between myself and the toxic popular culture. Now understand, it's a weak, moderate firewall and hole-ridden. You just breached it, for instance, by informing me of the existence of an apparently ghastly film named after a noble hero (thankfully you didn't give me any further details!). But at least my family and I are not exposed to every new toxic concoction the instant it is released upon the public.

So there's one "vaccine" for you, Brandon:

Build a firewall!
    True, but that kiddo will have to interact with others who are soaked in pop culture. I don't think anyone who thinks the baby was named after the movie will think better of them for it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

True, but that kiddo will have to interact with others who are soaked in pop culture. I don't think anyone who thinks the baby was named after the movie will think better of them for it.
    Well, I did say middle name. How many kids did you know their middle names?

Well, I did say middle name. How many kids did you know their middle names?
    Everyone involved in any official capacity knows one's full name. Think employers, proffesors, etc.. Just a thought.

Everyone involved in any official capacity knows one's full name. Think employers, proffesors, etc.. Just a thought.
    Yes, well,.... for some of us the deed may already be done!

Next you'll be telling me that Spartacus has been tainted as well!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, well,.... for some of us the deed may already be done!

Next you'll be telling me that Spartacus has been tainted as well!
    Nah they did a series, but it wasn't panned.

Nah they did a series, but it wasn't panned.
    Phew! Close call!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post

We have not found this to be the case... some pediatricians adhere to the CDC schedule and won't treat you unless you agree to it, but we have found there are MANY MANY docs out there that will do what the PARENTS want.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12