Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austin Petersen to run for U.S. Senate in Missouri?

John Brunner is considering a run for this seat. He would be better than Peterson, although Peterson would be better than 95% of the other Senators.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Hated on Ron Paul, hates the NAP, embarasses the entire liberty movement any time he opens his pie-hole.
    Holy $#@! you right! I just googled Austin Petersen Ron Paul and found some bazaar and viscous quotes.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    John Brunner is considering a run for this seat. He would be better than Peterson, although Peterson would be better than 95% of the other Senators.
    I would be in Peterson's camp because he's a pretty pure Libertarian even if he isn't a great Republican candidate. He's a fountain of talking points.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    What are you talking about? He wants to end the Fed.

...i've listened to him enough to know he is a monetary ignoramus as are many people who mindlessly chant 'end the fed' ...i want to hear ANY politician (including gary johnson with whom brett 85 ignorantly smeared me!) exhibit the basic understandings (see quote examples from knowledgeable people below) of our HIDEOUS CURRENT AND PAST monetary order before i hear them express their opinions about the FUTURE...peterson appears to me as a TYPICAL republicrat monetary ignoramus...i don't 'hate' him, but i certainly couldn't support, or even listen to, some yapping politician working their hot-dog hole about zillion dollar political issues when said politician is apparently WORSE THAN clueless as to the hideous origin, nature, etc. of even one dollar!..

...although i could be wrong...please paste his best/most important thinking as to 'our' stinking monetary order if you think he's so great...

...now this is what i want to hear from politicians:

“I have never yet had anyone who could, through the use of logic and reason, justify the Federal Government borrowing the use of its own money... I believe the time will come when people will demand that this be changed. I believe the time will come in this country when they will actually blame you and me and everyone else connected with the Congress for sitting idly by and permitting such an idiotic system to continue.” (attributed to Congressman Wright Patman)

"Once a nation parts with the control of its currency and credit, it matters not who makes the nations laws. Usury, once in control, will wreck any nation. Until the control of the issue of currency and credit is restored to government and recognised as its most sacred responsibility, all talk of the sovereignty of parliament and of democracy is idle and futile." (attributed to William Lyon Mackenzie King)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This guy should run for City Council of a moderately sized Missouri town instead.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Holy $#@! you right! I just googled Austin Petersen Ron Paul and found some bazaar and viscous quotes.
    Yeah, I remember when that went down.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Awesome. Brunner is the best in MO IMO.

Petersen is really the definition of an attention whore, hate to say it. Brunner has put millions of $ where his mouth is and seems sincere. I hope Brunner raises funds instead of just self funding. Self funding is admirable but a stupid strategy when you can hire a good fundraiser. That's one thing I've learned from politics that a lot in the movement don't get yet. Run of the mill conservative donors are open to giving to liberty candidates.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Hated on Ron Paul, hates the NAP, embarasses the entire liberty movement any time he opens his pie-hole.
    So Peterson is on the neoconservative foreign policy train?

The thing is that I worry sometimes that libertarians when they say, when they make these sorts of jokes about foreign policy, “oh, they hated us for our freedoms, ha, ha” it betrays a lack of full understanding of the true nature of what we are against. Now, just because I am a non-interventionist libertarian, it doesn’t mean that I don’t believe that there are threats around the world. And it also means that I think that we should acknowledge those threats, Russia being one of those primary threats.
    http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...viet-ron-paul/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So Peterson is on the neoconservative foreign policy train?
    His Russia fear mongering didn't age well lololol. I think Austin made the point, and it's not entirely a bad one that we should appeal to the base and that's something he thought Ron failed at. Petersen's problem now is Russia fear mongering is now a Democrat thing and plays 10 times worse in the GOP than non-interventionism does. In other words.... RP 1, AP 0

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Awesome. Brunner is the best in MO IMO.

Petersen is really the definition of an attention whore, hate to say it. Brunner has put millions of $ where his mouth is and seems sincere. I hope Brunner raises funds instead of just self funding. Self funding is admirable but a stupid strategy when you can hire a good fundraiser. That's one thing I've learned from politics that a lot in the movement don't get yet. Run of the mill conservative donors are open to giving to liberty candidates.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brunner is the best choice.

McCaskill is the trickiest snake I've ever seen in politics. She will be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

McCaskill is the trickiest snake I've ever seen in politics. She will be hard to beat.
    I just saw Curtman is running. Great guy. WTH is it with these races where every liberty/semi liberty dude in the state and all their grandmother run against each other and the establishment? I'm tired of campaigns, its time to win some dang seats! I know Brunner can run a statewide campaign don't know if Curtman has enough connections to raise the money or not. Hope somebody good wins.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I just saw Curtman is running. Great guy. WTH is it with these races where every liberty/semi liberty dude in the state and all their grandmother run against each other and the establishment? I'm tired of campaigns, its time to win some dang seats! I know Brunner can run a statewide campaign don't know if Curtman has enough connections to raise the money or not. Hope somebody good wins.
    Yea, I have been following Curtman for a while. It looks like thee VPOTUS is pushing for some RINO AG to run, so hopefully the liberty votes don't propel the establishment guy to a win here.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

We need billboards:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    We need billboards:
    Signage doesn't win votes.

If that were a direct mail piece, then yes, that would do a lot of damage
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I can forgive a pic with that guy that made Sling Blade, but a pic with the the devil's apprentice? That's a disqualifier.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-29-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I can forgive a pic with that guy that made Swingblade, but a pic with the the devil's apprentice? That's a disqualifier.
    And he posted it himself on tweeter.
    "The Patriarch"

Not from me. An actual liberty candidate is running in that race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    He's probably talking about Paul Curtman, a state lawmaker from Missouri.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...ign=user-share
    At this point, I'm leaning towards Gunny's recommendation of Paul Curtman, at least in the Primary.

Repub candidate Austin Petersen blocked from Facebook over AR-15 raffle

Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty has raffled off AR-15s in the past.
    And I see that Petersen featured a photo of himself with Ron Paul in a tweet. https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/statu...5-give-away%2F

from breitbart:
    GOP Senate Candidate ‘Blocked’ from Facebook After Posting AR-15 Giveaway
    by AWR HAWKINS29 Sep 2017

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Austin Petersen says he was “blocked” from using Facebook after he posted a video announcing an AR-15 giveaway.
    He says he learned of the block via a notification informing him he had “posted something that violates Facebook’s policies.”

On September 28 Petersen published an open letter to Mark Zuckerberg, which said in part:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...r-15-give-away
    Peterson's letter to Mark Zuckerberg:
    https://www.austinpetersen.com/open_...austinpetersen

Dear Mr. Zuckerberg,

My name is Austin Petersen, and I am a Republican running to represent the people of Missouri in the United States Senate. I am also a longtime Facebook user and an avid believer in Facebook’s mission: to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. First, let me say that I fully respect the right of Facebook as a company to do as it pleases, and set terms of service that users must abide by. As a US senator, I would never call for legislation to interfere with your ability to run your company, or set guidelines on user’s behavior.

In my campaign for the United States Senate, I have made Facebook a centerpiece of my outreach efforts. I have used both my Personal Profile and my Official Page to connect with friends, family, and supporters, and to share and express our views about the future of the country.

That’s why, on September 22, I was so shocked to receive a notification from Facebook informing me that I had been “blocked” from using Facebook for thirty days because I “recently posted something that violates Facebook’s policies.” Believing this to be a mistake, my campaign reached out to Facebook for more information. Today — six days later — I still have not received an explanation, and the block remains in effect.

At the same time the block was affected, a Facebook Live video I had posted to my Official Page promoting my campaign’s AR-15 giveaway was removed. A few days later, a Status Update posted to my Profile referencing the same giveaway was also removed. I’m confident that such giveaways are consistent with Facebook’s policies — several posts promoting the giveaway, including paid “Dark Posts,” remain visible on our page — so it’s unclear to me why such content would warrant an immediate takedown and thirty-day ban.

It’s difficult to ignore that this action comes during a period of heightened tension regarding Facebook’s role in our elections, and its perceived bias against conservative voices. Moreover, the fact that your Chief Operating Officer — Sheryl Sandberg — has “leaned into” my election by donating the maximum allowable amount to my opponent does not inspire confidence in Facebook’s neutrality.

I’ve been following with interest your recent statements defending Facebook as an unbiased platform “for all ideas.” I hope that’s really true. However, blocking a candidate for the United States Senate for exercising support of the Second Amendment — especially when that candidate is challenging an incumbent favored by members of your board — is cause for concern and worthy of a larger conversation and a public explanation. I hope that you, or Ms. Sandberg, are able to offer one that assuages my concerns and the concerns of the larger conservative community.

As I said, I am a longtime Facebook user and a believer in your company’s mission. Facebook’s success is a testament to the American ideal of free enterprise, and you should be proud of the business you’ve built. But if Facebook cannot truly be an unbiased, open platform that respects people with conservative views of the Constitution, that raises serious questions that must be addressed.

Thank you for taking time to hear my concerns. I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you further.

Sincerely,

Austin Petersen
    Republican for U.S. Senate, Missouri

P.S. — If you’re reading this letter and share my concerns about bias and censorship at Facebook, please sign and share our petition. Let’s urge Facebook to follow through on their promise to maintain a platform open to all ideas.

FOX news covering this also:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-giveaway.html
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-29-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Wow, great SWLOD, Austin.

Please cc a copy to your friends Car-vile and Bill Trotsky.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty has raffled off AR-15s in the past.
    And I see that Petersen featured a photo of himself with Ron Paul in a tweet. https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/statu...5-give-away%2F

from breitbart:

Peterson's letter to Mark Zuckerberg:

FOX news covering this also:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-giveaway.html
    The major social media companies have revealed themselves to be leftist propaganda outlets. Perhaps it's time for right-oriented competition.

I'll back him purely due to an anti-establishment premise, assuming he's the most viable anti-establishment guy in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Identity View Post
    I'll back him purely due to an anti-establishment premise, assuming he's the most viable anti-establishment guy in the race.
    I would say that he is just as much of an anti-establishment candidate as the all-time champion of smaller government and non-nation-building: George W. Bush.

Paul Curtman now running for State Auditor. Good choice.

https://twitter.com/RLibertyCaucus/s...39028683812870

"Senate candidate from Missouri calls for legalizing machine guns"

http://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/s...g-machine-guns
    Senate candidate from Missouri calls for legalizing machine guns
    by Greg Dailey
    Friday, March 30th 2018

JEFFERSON CITY — A Missouri candidate running for U.S. Senate tweeted a statement on playing offense in Second Amendment issues.

Austin Petersen, a native of Peculiar, Missouri, stated Wednesday evening "It's time we start talking about legalizing machine guns and repealing the National Firearms Act entirely."...

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

YES!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AP was just banned from twitter for 12 hours

http://www.kctv5.com/story/38768739/...te-in-missouri

The ban was announced following an exchange between Petersen and a writer for ShareBlue Media, which bills itself of "an American progressive news Website."

In an initial tweet, the writer alluded to Petersen announcing he was accepting bitcoin contributions for his campaign and how Russia used bitcoin to allegedly fund online hacking.

Interesting timing here: Russian hackers targeted Claire McCaskill in Aug 2017. The next month, one of her GOP opponents in Missouri rolled out this new ad...

(As we learned in the DOJ indictment, Russia used bitcoin to fund many of its illicit online activities in 2016). pic.twitter.com/gzxip1unQf
    — Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) July 27, 2018
    In a tweet that has since been deleted, Petersen tweeted a GIF of former Soviet Union leader Joseph Stalin with the phrase "off to the Gulag" in response to the writer's tweet.

Petersen called the tweet a "humorous" response after ShareBlue accused him as "colluding with Russia in a recent hack attempt" against U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill.
    Last edited by milgram; 07-30-2018 at 10:29 PM.

The establishment swamp has put eveything they have behind Josh Hawley in the GOP primary. They pretend that there are no other GOP candidates, and the race is between him and McCaskill.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast