Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Have a Lot of Feelings About Matt Lauer’s Men’s Choker Necklace

People Have a Lot of Feelings About Matt Lauer’s Men’s Choker Necklace

http://time.com/4621725/matt-lauer-choker-necklace/

Cady Lang @cadylang Jan. 4, 2017

For Lauer, this fashion trend is an equal opportunity

The choker necklace has been a huge trend this year in women’s fashion, seen on everyone from the entirety of the Kardashian/Jenner sisters to Chrissy Teigen, but the trend is now reaching past gender lines for a new demographic: men on morning shows.

Well, one man at least. The popular online retailer ASOS began selling chokers in their menswear section, the Today Show‘s Matt Lauer, declared his support for the trend on Wednesday morning’s show, joking that he’s been “wearing a choker for years” before unbuttoning the collar of his shirt to proudly show off a black ribbon choker.

Lauer’s whole-hearted campaign to make men’s chokers a thing, however, garnered mixed feelings from the Internet.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for sharing this critical, late breaking story! Keep us updated! The fate of the world depends on it!

Think about the children.... Don't you care about the children?

This is the hot new trend for men. Try to keep up.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

What the heck is a choker and what's the big deal with Lauer wearing one? I don't want to google it. Last time I googled bears, I got advertisements for gay clubs and dating services one Facebook for a few months.

Yeah, I expect in a few more years, stuff like this will be common place.

Actually, millenials who went hog wild and pig crazy for body art and body modification are now going to great expense to have those tattoos removed and the piercings reversed.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Actually, millenials who went hog wild and pig crazy for body art and body modification are now going to great expense to have those tattoos removed and the piercings reversed.
    I just remember the days when that stuff was the result of a sailor being drunk on liberty and waking up on the ship with modifications he didn't remember getting.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    not really... obamacare mandates that everyone else pay for it

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Matt Lauer is now a SEXY BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What the heck is a choker and what's the big deal with Lauer wearing one? I don't want to google it. Last time I googled bears, I got advertisements for gay clubs and dating services one Facebook for a few months.
    Lucky you!

Great business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for sharing this critical, late breaking story! Keep us updated! The fate of the world depends on it!
    Zippy you are here? Your mom told me you were at school when I was leaving.

emasculation of manhood, continues. this is definitely some bizarre stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    emasculation of manhood, continues. this is definitely some bizarre stuff,
    Funny how perspectives change.

Men were the first to wear make-up, wigs, high heels, earrings, etc. The women usually only got to try this after men tired of it. Now we think this is all emasculating.
    There is no spoon.

Can people just stop being so dang creepy?
    When will "creepy" stop trending?
    That's what I want to know.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Can people just stop being so dang creepy?
    When will "creepy" stop trending?
    That's what I want to know.
    Maybe now that Biden isn't going to be on stage so much, people will start to return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe now that Biden isn't going to be on stage so much, people will start to return to normal.
    So true, uncle Biden isn't creepy.

haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Funny how perspectives change.

Men were the first to wear make-up, wigs, high heels, earrings, etc. The women usually only got to try this after men tired of it. Now we think this is all emasculating.
    because it is emasculation. just because men invented it does not mean it is not emasculating.

Posted in US Political News sub?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Posted in US Political News sub?
    You think it is irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    because it is emasculation. just because men invented it does not mean it is not emasculating.
    None of those things were considered unmasculine at the time- it was a sign of wealth and the educated.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it looks dumb. I don't care for them on women, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I read that it is a high tech shock collar. When his contract came up for renewal NBC mandated that he wear the collar to avoid any Brian William's type scandals in the future. He is monitored 24/7 and if he ever goes off script he first gets an audible signal. If he continues he gets shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I don't care for chokers. I know there are really nice one's out there but I just don't like them.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How about on cats?

How about on cats?
    Nope. I don't even make my doge wear his. I keep it hanging by the garage door just in case some $#@! calls Animal Control, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast