Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever been to a Monster Truck Jam?

Anyone ever been to a Monster Truck Jam?

Is it fun? Should I embrace my inner redneck? I bought tickets for one last night. I'm excited. Mr Animal didn't seem too interested but I'm trying to get him pumped up to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never gone . You probably would have liked the 1988 Monsters of Rock .
    Do something Danke

It's not bad entertainment if you get free tickets. I wouldn't pay to go.

(You'll spend enough on concessions anyway.)

They're very scripted - it's like watching a play with heavy machinery. If you go in with that mindset, they're not too bad.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Indoors or in a slew?

I've been to the outdoor variety in the 80's........12 pack, 1/2 a gram and a pint per person makes watching almost as much fun as driving....

I've never been to the kind you're talking about, Suz.

I've been to the other kind, though. They're big fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Indoors or in a slew?

I've been to the outdoor variety in the 80's........12 pack, 1/2 a gram and a pint per person makes watching almost as much fun as driving....
    Georgia Dome.

I've been to muddin' parties. They're hella fun but the Monster Truck Jam seems like one of those things I should do at least once.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's not bad entertainment if you get free tickets. I wouldn't pay to go.

(You'll spend enough on concessions anyway.)

They're very scripted - it's like watching a play with heavy machinery. If you go in with that mindset, they're not too bad.
    Well, I paid for tickets but they weren't too bad. Okay, thanks for letting me know that - so like professional wrestling but with trucks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have never gone . You probably would have liked the 1988 Monsters of Rock .
    I also got tickets to see Chicago and The Doobie Brothers. They're playing at an outdoor venue in June. It's not Chastain where you can bring your own food and drinks but it still ought to be fun. I love to see concerts at outdoor venues. Mr Animal wasn't too excited about that, either but I go see all of his bands and don't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    so like professional wrestling but with trucks.
    Well, I've never been to a professional wrestling event, but yeah. I'd expect it to be exactly like that.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    bring ear plugs
    Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought of that. Mr Animal buys ear plugs in bulk. It used to bother me to talk to him with ear plugs in but I've gotten used to it. He claims he can hear me better with ear plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, I've never been to a professional wrestling event, but yeah. I'd expect it to be exactly like that.
    I have. I had a cousin who fancied himself an aspiring professional wrestler at one point, lol. He got a gig and I went with some of my other cousins to give him a cheering section. I took Mr Animal. It was one of our first dates.

The Grave Digger will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

Suzanimal already has her american flag bikini , she is set .
    Do something Danke

Suzanimal already has her american flag bikini , she is set .
    Darn tootin'! I got it at the thrift store. I couldn't resist. I'm thinking about making it my avatar this summer if Peter can photoshop me in some big boobies.

Darn tootin'! I got it at the thrift store. I couldn't resist. I'm thinking about making it my avatar this summer if Peter can photoshop me in some big boobies.
    He can do it .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He can do it .
    Yay! I want Dolly Parton boobs.

The Grave Digger will be there.

http://myfox8.com/2017/01/17/grave-d...ow-in-florida/

I hope he's okay. His son didn't give any details in the article. I can't believe that woman was cheering when he crashed. o_O

Been there done that.

Very loud.
    Didn't last nearly as long as I would have expected.
    But was pretty cool to watch for what it was.

Probably wouldn't pay to do it again.

You don't want front row seats.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Been there done that.

Very loud.
    Didn't last nearly as long as I would have expected.
    But was pretty cool to watch for what it was.

Probably wouldn't pay to do it again.

You don't want front row seats.
    It won't bother me if it's not a long show. I have a short attention span anyway. I figure it's something I should do at least once. I went to a rodeo once just to say I'd been to one. I forgot they had clowns, though. I would've enjoyed it more without them. I'm also going to see Alan Jackson at the end of the month. That ought to be fun. I think Chicago will be more fun, though, mostly because I love outdoor venues.

They sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yay! I want Dolly Parton boobs.

We all do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Earplugs especially for the youngins. Indoors is incredibly loud.

Do forget to spill beer on the people I front of you.

Its customary..

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

Is it fun? Should I embrace my inner redneck? I bought tickets for one last night. I'm excited. Mr Animal didn't seem too interested but I'm trying to get him pumped up to go.
    I've thought about taking the kid a few times, but its always in the indoor venues when I see them coming to town and I'd rather go outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I've thought about taking the kid a few times, but its always in the indoor venues when I see them coming to town and I'd rather go outdoors.
    Yeah, I kept waiting for an outdoor arena around here when my kids were younger but it never happened - on a professional level, anyway, They're 16 & 17 now (time files) and they think it's dumb but they're going because they like food.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Earplugs especially for the youngins. Indoors is incredibly loud.

Do forget to spill beer on the people I front of you.

Its customary..
    I won't.

Well, Alan Jackson was a fun show but Mr Animal was a stinker tonight. He doesn't care for country and just sat there like an old grouch complaining about the annoying woman sitting behind us. She kept yelling about how country Alan Jackson is and followed it up by a Wooooo Hoooo, lol. In his defense, her voice was really bad. She sounded like a redneck Fran Dresher.

We had a nice meal at Marlow's before the show, though. And I thought it was sweet that he remembered something I commented on before Christmas. I forgot my glasses and couldn't see the menu so I let him pick my dinner and he ordered me a patty melt. I was in the bathroom and didn't know what I got until the food came. I knew right away that he remembered me talking about how I like patty melts and hadn't had one in years. Awww, he can actually hear me through the ear plugs.

Well, Alan Jackson was a fun show but Mr Animal was a stinker tonight. He doesn't care for country and just sat there like an old grouch complaining about the annoying woman sitting behind us. She kept yelling about how country Alan Jackson is and followed it up by a Wooooo Hoooo, lol. In his defense, her voice was really bad. She sounded like a redneck Fran Dresher.

We had a nice meal at Marlow's before the show, though. And I thought it was sweet that he remembered something I commented on before Christmas. I forgot my glasses and couldn't see the menu so I let him pick my dinner and he ordered me a patty melt. I was in the bathroom and didn't know what I got until the food came. I knew right away that he remembered me talking about how I like patty melts and hadn't had one in years. Awww, he can actually hear me through the ear plugs.
    These stories are getting weirder and weirder as time goes by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast