Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 65

Thread: Maryl Streep goes political at Golden Globes

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I try, very hard, to be a live and let live kind of guy...but I'm really getting sick and $#@!ing tired of the $#@!ing fairies and hearing about their issues all the time.
    They do seem to have a lot of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yeah, I like cops. They keep the streets safe. Get over it.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    She is either an idiot or a war criminals enabler prostitute for neocons.. and a so so actress.

    https://www.google.com/#q=meryl+stre...drone+children









    At least Trump is not an SWC, did she ever criticize DGPbag or she thinks killing underage children is not as bad as someone insulting others verbally?


    Cornel West Calls Obama a 'War Criminal' That Kills Children - YouTube

    ▶ 0:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HWy90_jSo
    Aug 4, 2014

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    She was talking about when Trump made fun of a handicapped reporter.
    He did not. It always helps to actually listen to the entire thing and check facts, rather than take the media's word for it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    The Property Basis of Rights

  5. #34

    Default

    I assume Hacksaw Ridge didn't win anything? That was a great movie. It's great to have Mel Gibson back

  6. #35

    Default

    Doing it right...

    That time Vince Vaughn supported his friend Ron Paul, but refused to become a political celebrity

    However Vaughn felt about Streep’s speech, we do know how he feels about Hollywood actors being overtly political — at least when it comes to himself.

    I worked for the Ron Paul presidential campaign in 2012, and that year Vaughn chose to appear on stage with Paul in Reno, Nev.

    The actor and the congressman had developed a relationship over a number of years, due primarily to Vaughn’s particular interest in the issue of the Federal Reserve.

    Every major news outlet covered Vaughn’s Paul appearance, and of course each requested interviews with him. Many contacted Ron Paul’s organization Campaign for Liberty seeking an interview.

    Campaign for Liberty officials told me Vaughn turned down all interviews, and of course, you can Google in vain looking for an interview about this with the actor.

    Vince Vaughn wanted to support his friend Ron Paul but did not want to become “that guy,” as in a Sean Penn-style actor that is also a political activist.
    http://rare.us/story/that-time-vince...cal-celebrity/

    $#@! you, Streep.

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    So some random actress (whom I had never heard of until today) went on a political rant at a stupid awards show?

    Who cares? Why does it matter?

    An entertainer's opinion is not any more significant than anyone else's. Why give these people attention and credibility by elevating their status?
    That was the majority of what she was getting to in regard to Hollywood and MSM losing their influence, etc.

    nuff talking about it though, I don't want to give her anymore credence

  8. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He did not. It always helps to actually listen to the entire thing and check facts, rather than take the media's word for it.
    Oh I know that, she was just repeating the fake news story. Repeat a lie enough, then people accept it as truth.

  9. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    She is either an idiot or a war criminals enabler prostitute for neocons.. and a so so actress.

    https://www.google.com/#q=meryl+stre...drone+children









    At least Trump is not an SWC, did she ever criticize DGPbag or she thinks killing underage children is not as bad as someone insulting others verbally?


    Cornel West Calls Obama a 'War Criminal' That Kills Children - YouTube

    ▶ 0:35
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HWy90_jSo
    Aug 4, 2014
    Cornell West is one of the few leftists with any credibility after 8 years of Obama.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

  10. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He did not. It always helps to actually listen to the entire thing and check facts, rather than take the media's word for it.

    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Good response.

    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    She was talking about when Trump made fun of a handicapped reporter.
    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He did not. It always helps to actually listen to the entire thing and check facts, rather than take the media's word for it.
    Just because someone shouldn't "take the media's word for it" doesn't mean that person should "take Trump's spin on it." On what plane of reality is this not mocking the disabled?

    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

  12. #41

    Default

    She hasn't done $#@! since Silkwood and that movie sucked ass.
    I do not consent.

  13. #42
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul.

    "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl

    "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

  14. #43

    Default

    I said on here a while back she's the most overrated actor in hollywood, I honestly can't recall a single movie of her's I liked. I skip them though unless free.

  15. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good response.



    True.



    Just because someone shouldn't "take the media's word for it" doesn't mean that person should "take Trump's spin on it." On what plane of reality is this not mocking the disabled?

    [v]
    Oh the plane headed to reality that shows him using the same mannerisms multiple times while describing people getting flustered for literally a decade before this happened. There's more, but I've only got a couple min and this is the best vid I found quickly:

    Also, the reporter in question doesn't have spasms.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-10-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    .
    "Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won."
    - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
    ..
    .How do you tell when anti-vaxxers are lying? Their lips are moving.

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  16. #45

    Default

    Good time to remind people who get sick of Obama /leftists/ liberals/ SWJs to stop watching tv shows and movies.. By watching they directly support the very people they rage against.

    Turn the TVs off, the ratings decline, their incomes decline, their influence declines.
    No - No - No - No
    2016

  17. #46

    Default

    It’s possible to be busy but not fruitful.

    “To know our works will all be judged
    Should give us deep concern:
    But if for Christ our works are done,
    Then they'll endure, not burn.”
    — unknown

  18. #47

    Default

    Don't get the flack on Meryl Streep. She stood up for something and now she's baaaaad because she didn't stand up for other stuff?

    She's a good actress who was once told she was too ugly to act- she basically said "Hide & Watch" and became good at her craft. Because of the kind of attitude that was against her, I can understand her standing up for others who are afflicted. I realize some forum members have a problem with people involved in film, but when someone stands up for something they believe in, we should respect them- don't have to agree.

    And, yes, Trump makes his flaying movements all the time, but we all knew he was making fun of that reporter, so I don't see why it's suddenly an issue.

    JMHPOV
    There is no spoon.

  19. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Don't get the flack on Meryl Streep. She stood up for something and now she's baaaaad because she didn't stand up for other stuff?

    She's a good actress who was once told she was too ugly to act- she basically said "Hide & Watch" and became good at her craft. Because of the kind of attitude that was against her, I can understand her standing up for others who are afflicted. I realize some forum members have a problem with people involved in film, but when someone stands up for something they believe in, we should respect them- don't have to agree.

    And, yes, Trump makes his flaying movements all the time, but we all knew he was making fun of that reporter, so I don't see why it's suddenly an issue.

    JMHPOV
    She's catching flack because she's a liberal hack that took the opportunity to turn a lifetime achievement award in entertainment a political diatribe. She needs to STFU, thank all those who coached her in her particular "art", because arts that are martial are boorish and beneath an upper crust thespian, thank her adoring fans, and sit the $#@! down.

    JMHPOV

  20. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    She's catching flack because she's a liberal hack that took the opportunity to turn a lifetime achievement award in entertainment a political diatribe. She needs to STFU, thank all those who coached her in her particular "art", because arts that are martial are boorish and beneath an upper crust thespian, thank her adoring fans, and sit the $#@! down.

    JMHPOV
    ^THIS^

  21. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    LOVE IT!

  22. #51

    Default

    If Trump is going to get excited and go on Twitter everytime somebody says something negative about him his fingers will be tired (and it also shows immaturity). Criticism comes with the job. Deal with it. Tweeting about it means even more people heard about it. He needs a little thicker skin.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    “Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge.” - Lucy.

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  23. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Don't get the flack on Meryl Streep. She stood up for something and now she's baaaaad because she didn't stand up for other stuff?

    She's a good actress who was once told she was too ugly to act- she basically said "Hide & Watch" and became good at her craft. Because of the kind of attitude that was against her, I can understand her standing up for others who are afflicted. I realize some forum members have a problem with people involved in film, but when someone stands up for something they believe in, we should respect them- don't have to agree.

    And, yes, Trump makes his flaying movements all the time, but we all knew he was making fun of that reporter, so I don't see why it's suddenly an issue.

    JMHPOV
    I'm definitely not a Trump supporter, but turning her acceptance speech into a political rant was inappropriate, classless and an extremely divisive thing to do, at a time when we need the exact opposite.
    It’s possible to be busy but not fruitful.

    “To know our works will all be judged
    Should give us deep concern:
    But if for Christ our works are done,
    Then they'll endure, not burn.”
    — unknown

  24. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Oh the plane headed to reality that shows him using the same mannerisms multiple times while describing people getting flustered for literally a decade before this happened. There's more, but I've only got a couple min and this is the best vid I found quickly:

    Also, the reporter in question doesn't have spasms.
    And it's still mocking the disabled. Good grief the level of cognitive dissonance here is astounding. So if I make fun of the disabled 24/7 then when the person I'm making fun of is actually disabled it doesn't matter? Well I guess one way of getting out of calling someone the n-word is to just call everyone the n-word. Case in point.



    And for the record I don't give to shyts about Donald Trump mocking the disabled (he clearly did) or Robert Byrd using the n-word (he clearly did), but this trying to pretend what clearly happened didn't because "we don't like the liberal media" is silly.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Eze 22:25 There's a conspiracy of prophets within her....

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.

  25. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I'm definitely not a Trump supporter, but turning her acceptance speech into a political rant was inappropriate, classless and an extremely divisive thing to do, at a time when we need the exact opposite.
    This

  26. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I said on here a while back she's the most overrated actor in hollywood, I honestly can't recall a single movie of her's I liked. I skip them though unless free.
    She looked hot in The River Wild (1994)
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  27. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If Trump is going to get excited and go on Twitter everytime somebody says something negative about him his fingers will be tired (and it also shows immaturity). Criticism comes with the job. Deal with it. Tweeting about it means even more people heard about it. He needs a little thicker skin.
    Cue the video of Obama pounding Trump at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  28. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Cue the video of Obama pounding Trump at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
    The Corespondent's Dinner is where the president makes fun of himself and other people. Some people (like Trump) just don't seem to have a sense of humor.
    “Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge.” - Lucy.

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  29. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    She's catching flack because she's a liberal hack that took the opportunity to turn a lifetime achievement award in entertainment a political diatribe. She needs to STFU, thank all those who coached her in her particular "art", because arts that are martial are boorish and beneath an upper crust thespian, thank her adoring fans, and sit the $#@! down.

    JMHPOV
    Come on, Bro- if she was a conservative hack that used the same opportunity to bash Obama, people here would be hailing her. At least Streep is polite and well spoken- and I really don't care what she thinks.

    Plus, celebrities have the potential to influence millions, so our job should be to educate them and open their minds- save the bashing for the political scum.
    There is no spoon.

  30. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Come on, Bro- if she was a conservative hack that used the same opportunity to bash Obama, people here would be hailing her. At least Streep is polite and well spoken- and I really don't care what she thinks.

    Plus, celebrities have the potential to influence millions, so our job should be to educate them and open their minds- save the bashing for the political scum.
    I, for one, would not, but good luck trying to educate the likes of Streep and her ilk.

  31. #60

    Default

    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul.

    "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl

    "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 01:19 PM
  2. Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep to take on gun lobby with movie...
    By Anti Federalist in forum Second Amendment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 05:07 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
  4. The Golden Age of Hip Hop.
    By Libertini in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
  5. Ron Paul and the Golden Globes
    By jeffweatherby@gmail.com in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •