Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maryl Streep goes political at Golden Globes

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Maryl Streep goes political at Golden Globes

Turned her acceptance speech attacking Trump, and Fake News. Got no tube on it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

...And the powerful use their position to bully others...
    Sounds like she's talking about her good friend HRC there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Sounds like she's talking about her good friend HRC there.
    She was talking about when Trump made fun of a handicapped reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I get that she was referring to Trump. I was just commenting on the fact that she calls someone a bully when her girl is also a bully.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Breaking news: Another Hollyweird Celebrity hates Trump!

Probably became anti war and anti drone again as well.

Moving on...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The golden globe what now? somehow i turned it off after i saw it.

I guess Meryl Streep forget the violence caused by the BLM protesters agaisnt police officers?

MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by MarylStreep View Post
    Streep: "Hollywood is crawling w/ foreigners, so if you kick them all out you'll have nothing to watch but football & mixed martial arts"
    I don't think they have much to worry about, when Trump people refer to kicking all the foreigners out, I don't think they mean Israelis.

Meryl Streep might not realize it, but her 2016 movie about Hillary Clinton - Florence Foster Jenkins - was spot on.

Ha, I noticed that too and thought the same thing. I love Vince Vaughn.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I get that she was referring to Trump. I was just commenting on the fact that she calls someone a bully when her girl is also a bully.
    True true

Remember when Meryl Streep said that only a friggin' idiot would deny that WTC I, II, & 7 were subjected to anything other than controlled demolitions?

Oh, wait. Me neither..
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-10-2017 at 02:52 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I find many of Meryl's performances tedious and tiresome. I feel that she is very overrated.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-10-2017 at 02:51 AM.

"Violence begets violence"...

I wonder if Ms. Streep has spent a microsecond considering the current POTUS's interventions around the globe...

I noticed Gibson got shut out for Hacksaw Ridge. Of course "Moonlight" the story of a gay African American teen growing up in Miami (yawn) won.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I noticed Gibson got shut out for Hacksaw Ridge. Of course "Moonlight" the story of a gay African American teen growing up in Miami (yawn) won.
    Lol, it must have been riveting.
    "The Patriarch"

Meryl, I only wish the press would accurately report how much of Hollywood is controlled by the Chinese.

I really understand why many Hollywood stars think Hillary would have been better for them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Lol, it must have been riveting.
    Obviously the story of a white Christian male conscientious objector that saved 70+ guys during wartime while under fire isn't as "dramatic" a gay Afro-American growing up in Miami. I can't imagine the horrors the gay African American had to endure.

In a related news: the vote on the name change from Golden Globes to Golden $#@!s is still pending. The outcome may be surprising to many.

Banned

Blog Entries

Trump does that spastic thing all the time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7iA7QZBi4&t=70s

You are repeating fake news.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So some random actress (whom I had never heard of until today) went on a political rant at a stupid awards show?

Who cares? Why does it matter?

An entertainer's opinion is not any more significant than anyone else's. Why give these people attention and credibility by elevating their status?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

That might be the first time anyone has ever spoken the words "founders enshrined in the constitution" at ANY Hollywood event.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    So some random actress (whom I had never heard of until today) went on a political rant at a stupid awards show?

Who cares? Why does it matter?

An entertainer's opinion is not any more significant than anyone else's. Why give these people attention and credibility by elevating their status?

ahem...Reagan was an actor, but yes, i agree......

eff em...

Conway pointed out the 4 scum who tortured that mentally challeged kid...no mention of that from Streep Throat.

not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Obviously the story of a white Christian male conscientious objector that saved 70+ guys during wartime while under fire isn't as "dramatic" a gay Afro-American growing up in Miami. I can't imagine the horrors the gay African American had to endure.
    I try, very hard, to be a live and let live kind of guy...but I'm really getting sick and $#@!ing tired of the $#@!ing fairies and hearing about their issues all the time.

Vince looks like he's about ready to jump out of his seat....the look on his face is very telling....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast