Thread: A new Illinois law will teach hairstylists to look for signs of domestic violence and sexual a

A new Illinois law will teach hairstylists to look for signs of domestic violence and sexual a

Oh for the love of God, Am I gonna have to watch my mouth when I'm getting my hair cut for fear poor Mr Animal will get reported for spanking me?

This is ridiculous. If a stylist wants to help an abuse victim, they should buy 'em a gun and teach 'em how to use it. That's what I would do.

A new Illinois law will teach hairstylists to look for signs of domestic violence and sexual assault

A new Illinois law going into effect at the new year is taking an innovative approach to combating domestic violence: It requires state beauty professionals to learn how to recognize signs of domestic abuse and sexual assault in their clients—and how to handle conversations about them.

Signed into law by Gov. Bruce Rauner, the training will be delivered to barbers, cosmetologists, aestheticians, hair braiders, and nail techs via an hour-long course—ultimately creating a force of 88,000 salon workers who are equipped to potentially help save clients' lives. The training will be grandfathered in: It will be a part of license regulations for new pros, and those already in the industry will have the hour added to their 14-hour course that's required biannually to re-certify their licenses.

Americans agreed at the beginning of 2016 that combating domestic violence was a national priority, and the beauty industry is an ingenious place to target it. Clients and salon workers often have close relationships: after all, how many of us have spilled our latest fight with our S.O. to stylists we see every eight weeks? Or told a nail tech about a squabble with our boyfriend that we didn't even mention to our friends?

"There's an openness, a freeness, a relationship that last years or decades between the client and the cosmetologist," Fran Hurley, the Illinois state representative who sponsored the bill, said. "They're in a position to see something that may or may not be right."

But the law is careful not to exploit any relationships: It doesn't require stylists to report incidents to authorities. However, advocates are hopeful that it will give those who have experienced sexual assault and domestic violence a place to turn—after all, many don't report incidents to the police.

The idea came to Hurley and State Senator Bill Cunningham from Chicago Says No More, a nonprofit dedicated to raising awareness about domestic violence. The organization is also thinking about ways to get members of other service sectors, like bartenders, involved with the training in the future.
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/1...l-assault.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Americans agreed at the beginning of 2016 that combating domestic violence was a national priority
    I don't remember ever voting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't remember ever voting for that.
    Me, neither.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Hairstyists are just as likely to be abused I would think.

They need to have strippers looking I think. See something say something.

Even though the law does not require them to report it still seems that it opens them up to potential lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh for the love of God, Am I gonna have to watch my mouth when I'm getting my hair cut for fear poor Mr Animal will get reported for spanking me?
    When did spanking become domestic abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    When did spanking become domestic abuse?
    When a sector of women collectively lost their Goddamn minds and got brainwashed into thinking that any sort of submission to a man was somehow abuse. o_O

When a sector of women collectively lost their Goddamn minds and got brainwashed into thinking that any sort of submission to a man was somehow abuse. o_O
    Isn't that a form of domestic abuse in and of itself?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So let me be clear on this. In Illinois they will tax you to train hair stylists to spot problems in your personal life and report them. This confirms my suspicion of waking up on the wrong planet some years ago.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Isn't that a form of domestic abuse in and of itself?
    Sounds like you need some reeducation, tod evans. A spanking, perhaps?

It figures it'd be something like that.

Hair stylists should enjoy the same confidentiality protections as lawyers and psychiatrists...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Give hairstylists an hour of training and send them out to police women's relationships... Brilliant!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Give hairstylists an hour of training and send them out to police women's relationships... Brilliant!
    What could possibly go wrong?

The organization is also thinking about ways to get members of other service sectors, like bartenders, involved with the training in the future.
    Even better, bartenders...because everyone's completely honest when they're liquored up.

Hair stylists should enjoy the same confidentiality protections as lawyers and psychiatrists...
    As I've said it looks like the state just opened up the profession to lawsuits. Sure, they are not required to report abuse. But, if they do not a civil case could be made because they have been trained but failed to act.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Even better, bartenders...because everyone's completely honest when they're liquored up.
    About a dozen years ago , my bartender was also my lawyer .
    Do something Danke

I told Pence we need a wall to keep the Illini out .
    Do something Danke

Say what you want about Muslims, but they know how to beat their wives

"The blows should be concentrated on the hands and feet using a rod that is thin and light so that it does not leave scars or bruises on the body."
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Say what you want about Muslims, but they know how to beat their wives

"The blows should be concentrated on the hands and feet using a rod that is thin and light so that it does not leave scars or bruises on the body."
    Wrong thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-at-a-Party

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    About a dozen years ago , my bartender was also my lawyer .
    About 23 years ago, my best customer was also my lawyer. I was a bartender. He didn't do $#@! to get me out that DUI. Guess I should've know better than to hire a drunk.

The weave in question is not admissible, your honor.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Rat statutes... how charming.

I wonder how long it will be before it becomes a felony for not sleuthing for the state.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

So let me be clear on this. In Illinois they will tax you to train hair stylists to spot problems in your personal life and report them. This confirms my suspicion of waking up on the wrong planet some years ago.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure the state will CHARGE the hairstylists to take the required training. The state doesn't give out CE for free, that is always done through a 3rd party that charges for the training.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.