Thread: Rand Paul: Repeal all of Obamacare and replace immediately

Rand Paul: Repeal all of Obamacare and replace immediately

By Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)

Congress will, as its first course of action, vote to repeal Obamacare. It cannot happen soon enough.

All around us, Obamacare crumbles in chaos. Premiums are exploding. The state run health co-ops are mostly bankrupt. Many individuals who gained subsidized insurance are still, for all practical purposes, without insurance because the deductibles are beyond the reach of low income workers.

As we repeal Obamacare, we would be wise to vote on its replacement at the same time.

What should we replace Obamacare with? Perhaps we should try freedom:

1. The freedom to choose inexpensive insurance free of government dictates.

2. The freedom to save unlimited amounts in a health savings account.

3. The freedom to buy insurance across state lines.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.

If Congress fails to vote on a replacement at the same time as repeal, the repealers risk assuming the blame for the continued unraveling of Obamacare. For mark my words, Obamacare will continue to unravel and wreak havoc for years to come.

The stick of Obamacare was forcing people to buy insurance or pay a penalty. The carrot of Obamacare was allowing people with pre-existing conditions to buy insurance after they were diagnosed. Even with the mandate, many healthy young people refused to buy insurance and the pools of insured Americans under Obamacare are overly burdened by sick individuals and insurance companies are suffering losses.

Removing the mandate to buy insurance while leaving in place the dictate that people can wait to buy insurance until after they are ill will only accentuate the bankrupting of the insurance industry.

My fear is that if you leave part of Obamacare in place (the dictate that insurance companies must sell insurance to individuals with pre-existing conditions) then you will see an acceleration of adverse selection and ultimately mass bankruptcy of the healthcare insurance industry.

Don’t misunderstand me. We should repeal Obamacare, but partial repeal will only accelerate the current chaos and may eventually lead to calls for a taxpayer bailout of insurance companies.

continued..http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-repea...e-immediately/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What should we replace Obamacare with? Perhaps we should try freedom:

1. The freedom to choose inexpensive insurance free of government dictates.

2. The freedom to save unlimited amounts in a health savings account.

3. The freedom to buy insurance across state lines.

4. The freedom for all individuals to join together in voluntary associations to gain the leverage of being part of a large insurance pool.
    I was about come in here to say NO you replace it with nothing.

But replacing it with freedom works better.

I have never purchased health insurance. I have often had people say to me what if you are in an accident? I tell them I do have coverage on my auto insurance (which I have never used either)

I don't go to doctors. If I am sick I make myself well. I am sure if I made regular visits to a doctor they could find some reason to medicate me. I don't want to be medicated even for the pain I am in. The only reason I will volunteer to go to a doctor is if medical marijuana becomes legal in my state. I know the cronic pain I have would likely qualify me for a prescription. I will pay cash for that visit. I don't need some hussler trying to sell me a flu shot or a blood test.

Good job Rand . Replace it with freedom
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/CongHuelskamp/st...03097165692928
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good job Rand . Replace it with freedom
    To replace it with freedom, every bit of legislation regarding healthcare (doctors, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, insurance companies, etc.) would need to be removed. All of it. Including Medicare.

Then let's see what would happen.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    To replace it with freedom, every bit of legislation regarding healthcare (doctors, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, insurance companies, etc.) would need to be removed. All of it. Including Medicare.

Then let's see what would happen.
    And State mandated coverage. As a male I don't see the need for hair transplant coverage. N.C. mandates it as part of coverage. I made a thread here a number of years ago that listed all the bull$#@! N.C. requires and the reason insurance in N.C. was so expensive.

God.

1. Price transparency
    2. Drug importation

Neither mentioned, both are the keys behind why the US over pays by 5x.

US health cares practices are already illegal, just prosecute the $#@!ers.

Basic free market things.

I can get binding quotes from multiple hospitals here. So private care costs 80% less than in the states. That makes nearly everything cheap enough to pay cash.
    Last edited by idiom; 01-06-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.