Thread: On the subject of natural rights

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

On the subject of natural rights

Can autistic and or disabled people have natural rights and how do natural rights work per se?
    Last edited by Lamp; 01-01-2017 at 06:58 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    Can autistic people have natural rights and how do natural rights work per se?
    Well, seeing that natural rights are negative rights, then absolutely. They have the right to be left alone just like anyone else.

How do they work? Simple. Don't steal my labor or its fruits and don't force me to do something against my will. The only obligation you have to me is to do me no harm. And I, you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    And why does that not apply to cows and or other meat animals? (I'm only asking this because I'm really pissed off about the cow police in my country killing people for eating beef)
    Last edited by Lamp; 01-01-2017 at 07:45 PM.

And why does that not apply to cows and or other meat animals? (I'm only asking this because I'm really pissed off about the cow police in my country killing people for eating beef)
    Really? Are you comparing people with autism to "meat animals"???

At the risk of feeding a troll, I'd say that perhaps natural rights exist among cows... Who knows? I'm not a cow. But somehow I'd doubt that they'd extend that courtesy to the non-bovine sub-family.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Some militant vegetarian rightwinger guy asked me that question angrily when I said that eating beef was a victimless act and compared it to eating autistic people. I just wanted a legitimate answer as to where natural rights arise from and who they can apply to.

example:
    "If that is what you believe in, you're pretty much in violation of it right now. If you think killing of an animal is morally right, well then, define moral !"

"As a matter of fact here in *****, we have got far more vegetarian dishes that are tastier than any of your western, middle-eastern etc etc, non-veg recipies. If you are an Indian, and you are looking for taste, you don't need to kill any sort of animal."

Last edited by Lamp; 01-21-2017 at 02:58 PM.

..how do natural rights work per se?
    Well. Natural rights are rights that exist prior to the creation of a government. These are generally the rights to life, liberty, and property. And, really, the only thing that should be illegal are things that involve the initiation of force. In fact, the only true role of government (in America) is to defend Individual Liberty.

As a rule of thumb, people should be free to make rules for themselves so long as others aren't forced to do the same.

Of course, you could get into a theological discussion. But you'd really just go around in a big circle.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-01-2017 at 09:59 PM.

What kind of idiot would think, even for a moment, that animals and humans should hold equal status?

If we're going to explore idiocy why not include robotic sex-toys in your quest to establish 'rights'?

What about plankton?

Serpents, marsupials or arachnids?

Good-$#@!ing-grief!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What kind of idiot would think, even for a moment, that animals and humans should hold equal status?

If we're going to explore idiocy why not include robotic sex-toys in your quest to establish 'rights'?

What about plankton?

Serpents, marsupials or arachnids?

Good-$#@!ing-grief!
    or vegetables for that matter.
    life eats life. there is no way around it.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    or vegetables for that matter.
    life eats life. there is no way around it.
    Could be the OP is actually talking about 'protected status' such as what the bald eagle enjoys here but that's not what he typed...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Could be the OP is actually talking about 'protected status' such as what the bald eagle enjoys here but that's not what he typed...
    It's an important discussion.
    Rights aren't "assigned", whether for the autistic, cows, or eagles.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Genesis%201:26